LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 243 users in the forums

Training Camp 2011-2012

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Jiks
WDF??? Double post...
[ Edited by JiksJuicy on Aug 9, 2012 at 10:31 AM ]
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Really? I'd like to look at that. Can you link where you found those stats?

Really like to get a look at that also. See, here is my thinking on this... aside from the what-should-be-obvious TEAM concept that envelops such a statistic..

- 2006. We were a strong running team, so overall, I doubt that our 3rd down % were all that bad?
- 2007. JIM HOSTLER. Jim Hostler!!! need I say more? and Alex started out the season, but left us with injury after a 2-1 start. After that and after Dilfer was replaced by Hill, guess what? (as if this needs saying AGAIN)... a man named Ted Tollner came in to "assist" Hostler. Tollner likely had a heavy hand in turning around our efficiency from Hostler.
- 2008. Alex never played a down. Injured Reserve. But Martz... once Hill replaced JT O'Suckavan? Martz changed his normal style of crazy to implement safe and controlled offense. I bet THAT stunned defenses a bit.. as they had to scramble to predict just what we would do.
- 2009-2010. Jimmy Raye, Singletary offense, Mike Johnson. Really? Enough said.

So what are we really talking about here?
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Originally posted by whiskywarlord:
Listen, if you went into a Mcdonalds, and said "Hey everybody, Mcdonalds sucks and that clowns a b*****d..." or something along those lines. My point is, many ppl may not like Mcdonalds food all that much, they might down right hate it! but, hey its food and thats where there eating.

Fact is, your probably not gettin out of there with out a bic mac up the ass, ya know what i mean?

Its kinda like this thread, just enjoy your burger man

This made me chuckle. I think I am gonna like you.

I second that sentiment.
Really like to get a look at that also. See, here is my thinking on this... aside from the what-should-be-obvious TEAM concept that envelops such a statistic..

- 2006. We were a strong running team, so overall, I doubt that our 3rd down % were all that bad?
- 2007. JIM HOSTLER. Jim Hostler!!! need I say more? and Alex started out the season, but left us with injury after a 2-1 start. After that and after Dilfer was replaced by Hill, guess what? (as if this needs saying AGAIN)... a man named Ted Tollner came in to "assist" Hostler. Tollner likely had a heavy hand in turning around our efficiency from Hostler.
- 2008. Alex never played a down. Injured Reserve. But Martz... once Hill replaced JT O'Suckavan? Martz changed his normal style of crazy to implement safe and controlled offense. I bet THAT stunned defenses a bit.. as they had to scramble to predict just what we would do.
- 2009-2010. Jimmy Raye, Singletary offense, Mike Johnson. Really? Enough said.

So what are we really talking about here?

^ shameless bump, in case missed from prior bottom page.
Listen, if you went into a Mcdonalds, and said "Hey everybody, Mcdonalds sucks and that clowns a b*****d..." or something along those lines. My point is, many ppl may not like Mcdonalds food all that much, they might down right hate it! but, hey its food and thats where there eating.

Fact is, your probably not gettin out of there with out a bic mac up the ass, ya know what i mean?

This made me chuckle. I think I am gonna like you.

I enjoy all your post, along with many others around here, you guys keep on fightin the good fight
I just read more than i post, which for me, is probably a good thing!
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Well there is two parties and arguing is why this thread keeps growing.

Anyone who mentions a con of AS gets ganged up on and insulted..? is that right ?

Listen, if you went into a Mcdonalds, and said "Hey everybody, Mcdonalds sucks and that clowns a b*****d..." or something along those lines,some ppl like mcdonalds, some may not like Mcdonalds food all that much, they might down right hate it! but, hey its food and thats where there eating.

I've posted my facts to my opinions in the pages back and didn't get real answers...probably because this back and fourth keeps going on over and over.

for the Record im not a AS hater..
Originally posted by Jakemall:
I'd say 13-3 makes the 9ers more like in-n-out than McDees

I agree, but for the sake of story, i think the mcdonalds anology works better
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
It's not burgers it's corn dogs... noob

Touche....

and im a veteran! cuz it says so! lol
[ Edited by whiskywarlord on Aug 9, 2012 at 10:46 AM ]
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:

Anyone who mentions a con of AS gets ganged up on and insulted..? is that right ?

No dude, if you don't like Alex that is fine and dandy. I actually understand why people feel the way they do. Just don't come on here and make it seem like it's a bad thing to root for our starting QB. You seem to do things a lot just to get a reaction and you even admitted it last page. I'm guilty of the same, I've done it to you but I only do that in response to your constant negative attitude around here.

I have seen many people here admit Alex still has work to do. His 3rd% has to improve, his redzone % needs to improve. Me personally I could even say he needs to start taking more chances. Alex takes the safe way out on many occasions, and he needs to start letting it rip. See I have no problem admitting Alex has flaws in his game at the moment. But I do not blame Alex for all these mistakes, if you do again that's your rightful opinion. But the difference is you do nothing but trash the guy around every corner. I have yet to see you post one positive thing about Alex. I don't understand why you can do that? I mean if Harbaugh wanted him back then theres obviously some good things he does right? We made it to the NFCC, and the QB touches the ball more than any other player. His stats aren't amazing but they aren't awful. Keep in mind he also threw the ball less than any QB in the league. To expect Alex to have dynamite stats while throwing 26 times a game is completely unfair.

The guy may not be Joe Montana, but he's not the worst QB in the world either. Right now he's probably about middle of the pack in the current NFL. Thing is everything you read or hear about the guy he's improving. It's been a slow incline but he's improved every single year. Right now he is not great, but at the same time it's not the end of the world. With our defense we don't need an explosive offense. What we do need is to keep drives alive, take more time off the clock, and put up 4 more points.

Originally posted by kidash98:
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:

No dude, if you don't like Alex that is fine and dandy. I actually understand why people feel the way they do. Just don't come on here and make it seem like it's a bad thing to root for our starting QB. You seem to do things a lot just to get a reaction and you even admitted it last page. I'm guilty of the same, I've done it to you but I only do that in response to your constant negative attitude around here.

I have seen many people here admit Alex still has work to do. His 3rd% has to improve, his redzone % needs to improve. Me personally I could even say he needs to start taking more chances. Alex takes the safe way out on many occasions, and he needs to start letting it rip. See I have no problem admitting Alex has flaws in his game at the moment. But I do not blame Alex for all these mistakes, if you do again that's your rightful opinion. But the difference is you do nothing but trash the guy around every corner. I have yet to see you post one positive thing about Alex. I don't understand why you can do that? I mean if Harbaugh wanted him back then theres obviously some good things he does right? We made it to the NFCC, and the QB touches the ball more than any other player. His stats aren't amazing but they aren't awful. Keep in mind he also threw the ball less than any QB in the league. To expect Alex to have dynamite stats while throwing 26 times a game is completely unfair.

The guy may not be Joe Montana, but he's not the worst QB in the world either. Right now he's probably about middle of the pack in the current NFL. Thing is everything you read or hear about the guy he's improving. It's been a slow incline but he's improved every single year. Right now he is not great, but at the same time it's not the end of the world. With our defense we don't need an explosive offense. What we do need is to keep drives alive, take more time off the clock, and put up 4 more points.

This is why i keep coming back here, nice post!

I've posted my facts to my opinions in the pages back and didn't get real answers...probably because this back and fourth keeps going on over and over.

There's not always a clear cut answer, and sometimes we get answers we dont like. Like they say, if you want better answers, ask better questions-

I dont think your a hater, your just not the kinda guy that would piss on alex smith if he was on fire?

There's not always a clear cut answer, and sometimes we get answers we dont like. Like they say, if you want better answers, ask better questions-

I dont think your a hater, your just not the kinda guy that would piss on alex smith if he was on fire?
lol, nice post

lol, nice post

Thank you sir! Its nice to have time to come on here and BS about AS and talk niner football with my internet pals

No, you are incorrect. This is what you guys are turning it into, when there is no need for it.

What this thread should do is focus on what he needs to do or is doing right now, to lead this team. If he does something well, come in the thread and state it. If he jacks something up, come in this thread and state it. Nobody will have a problem with this. What they have a problem with is bringing up 5 year old situations as relevant. (And that goes both ways, good and bad).

There are some posters who talk about today. There are some that want to bring up old s**t. There are some who cannot let go of the past and harp on it constantly. Alex Smith is the QB of the San Francisco 49ers, so people want to discuss him. Because of this, some posters will support him endlessly. He is the QB of their favorite team, that is understandable. So lets discuss him today. But quit trying to divide sides. You don't need to be pro or against him. If you cannot talk about relevant situations, or cannot bring yourself to forget about old stuff that happened, stay out of the thread. Also, if during preseason, training camp or the season he messes something up, do not come in here if you cannot let people acknowledge he made a mistake. We do that with other players, the same rules apply for him.
Listen, if you went into a Mcdonalds, and said "Hey everybody, Mcdonalds sucks and that clowns a b*****d..." or something along those lines,some ppl like mcdonalds, some may not like Mcdonalds food all that much, they might down right hate it! but, hey its food and thats where there eating.

Please post more.
Share 49ersWebzone