LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 218 users in the forums

Training Camp 2011-2012

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
lol most posters want to disregard AS's seasons prior and blame crappy coaching for his play...but then bring up past stats to prove a point that he's good when he sucked in the RZ with a better coach

Do you even comprehend football? The whole team was bad at third downs and red zone, these are the last parts of an offense to be installed. The reason for these struggles don't fall on one person, but on the offense as a whole. What you are complaining about is not as ridiculous as your posting nothing but negative stuff about your own teams qb. Your posts would be more at home on a seahawks or cardinals site.

whoooa you got me , lol

you don't need stats and %'s to comprehend football...

You said you would stop this behavior. Just can't help it, eh? Cry for attention?
I did, i haven't wrote anything bad..

You know what I'm talking about. Obtuse is an ugly color.
lol most posters want to disregard AS's seasons prior and blame crappy coaching for his play...but then bring up past stats to prove a point that he's good when he sucked in the RZ with a better coach

Please stop this crap. It doesn't add anything to the discussion.
  • Jiks

Do you even comprehend football? The whole team was bad at third downs and red zone, these are the last parts of an offense to be installed. The reason for these struggles don't fall on one person, but on the offense as a whole. What you are complaining about is not as ridiculous as your posting nothing but negative stuff about your own teams qb. Your posts would be more at home on a seahawks or cardinals site.

Yet since 2006, when another QB other than Alex has been under center, our 3rd down % has increased. Basically you are chalking this up to coincidence?

i said posters not AS

the back and forth from posters...is whats funny
  • Jiks
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

Can I ask why it is allowed?! It's everyday with him, and it's not like he's doing it to really state his case, he's doing it to troll. Again why is this allowed?
  • Jiks

i said posters not AS

the back and forth from posters...is whats funny
Trolling
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Trolling

Just let the mods handle this.. and if they don't? Then sadly, it must be allowed here.

Can I ask why it is allowed?! It's everyday with him, and it's not like he's doing it to really state his case, he's doing it to troll. Again why is this allowed?

Trying to point out whats going on here and hopefully posters would stop manipulating stats to prove a point. When both Parties will not agree no matter what.

I say turn this thread into AS 2012 Training Camp thread and no past AS discussions allowed

Hmmmm

1.troll One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument

1c. Noun A member of an internet forum who continually harangues and harasses others. Someone with nothing worthwhile to add to a certain conversation, but rather continually threadjacks or changes the subject, as well as thinks every member of the forum is talking about them and only them. Trolls often go by multiple names to circumvent getting banned.

2a. Noun Sometimes compared to the Japanese 'Oni', a troll is a supernatural creature of Scandinavian folklore, whose race was thought to have carried massive stones into the countryside (although actually the result of glaciers). Lives in hills, mountains, caves, or under bridges. They are stupid, large, brutish, hairy, long-nosed, and bug-eyed, and may also have multiple heads or horns. Trolls love to eat people, especially small children. The Females of the species are generally kinder and more intelligent, but still fairly hideous.

Im gonna go with a combination of ALL OF THE ABOVE

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=troll&defid=1241830
[ Edited by whiskywarlord on Aug 9, 2012 at 9:49 AM ]
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:

Yet since 2006, when another QB other than Alex has been under center, our 3rd down % has increased. Basically you are chalking this up to coincidence?

I would guess most of us are... He needs to improve his 3rd down conversion along with the whole team offense. How is this even argued about is just amazing. Unless your contention is that Smith has to convert 3rd downs all by himself in a team game of football. Which is ridiculous on a whole new level.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:

I would guess most of us are... He needs to improve his 3rd down conversion along with the whole team offense. How is this even argued about is just amazing. Unless your contention is that Smith has to convert 3rd downs all by himself in a team game of football. Which is ridiculous on a whole new level.

Exactly, its not like every 3rd down is a pass play. The team as a whole, including coaches, are also responsible for the conversion rate. Alex has his share of it aswell, for the mistakes that are his fault.

Trying to point out whats going on here and hopefully posters would stop manipulating stats to prove a point. When both Parties will not agree no matter what.

I say turn this thread into AS 2012 Training Camp thread and no past AS discussions allowed

See thats the problem. You state both parties. This isnt the hatfields and McCoys dude. You want people to pick sides on Alex Smith. That means you are coming in this thread just to argue against people who like him, or want to talk about Alex Smith in the upcoming season.

And frankly, I can care less if you want to turn this into an AS 2012 training camp thread. Its not your decision dude. Its the Alex Smith thread. Quit being argumentative. If you want to discuss stuff, by all means discuss. But arguing is not the point of the thread.
If Frank gets a hand off on 3rd and 2, for instance, and he gets stuffed at the line because he took the wrong gap that the play was designed to go at, then thats on Frank....but alot of these details WE DO NOT KNOW, not any of us. If Alex makes a bad read or bad throw, thats on him right?, but what we as fans dont know, are the details. Like if the WR's were in the right spot,right patterns, if the line picked up the correct blocks ect.,

Lots of speculations around here, but thats what forums are for, but like at any Zoo, you'll see the signs, " Dont feed the animals..." same rule should apply to the internet, dont feed them
[ Edited by whiskywarlord on Aug 9, 2012 at 10:04 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone