There are 234 users in the forums

Round 4, #118, the San Francisco 49ers selects Kendall Hunter (RB) Oklahoma St.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Lately I seem to be reading a lot about the greatness of Hunter, in the media and on the Zone and I just dont get it. Dont get me wrong, he looks like an NFL starter. However, I've seen nothing (yet) that would suggest to me he's a compete game changer or anywhere near the quality of Sproles, as one article suggested. How do you guys see it? I see a good quality back, but not top 10 material.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Aug 29, 2012 at 12:27 PM ]
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Sometimes he looks like the best RB on the roster.

In Madden 13, he's the best RB (IMO)
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Greg Rosenthal of NFL.com says this

Niners RB Hunter can be the next Darren Sproles -- with powerSan Francisco 49ers running back Kendall Hunter can be the next Darren Sproles, but with more power between the tackles.

hopefully he can make good on the hype.

Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Lately I seem to be reading a lot about the greatness of Hunter, in the media and on the Zone and I just dont get it. Dont get me wrong, he looks like an NFL starter. However, I've seen nothing (yet) that would suggest to me he's a compete game changer or anywhere near the quality of Sproles, as one article suggested. How do you guys see it? I see a good quality back, but not top 10 material.

I think we are just jaded because of the shuffling train of mediocre backups we've had. Hunter seems like he has elite burst and he can really move once he is in space. I think we will see a lot more of hunter this year, basically switching Gore's touch amounts with Hunters, giving Hunter 15 and Gore 10, Jacobs will likely only see the field on short yardage, jumbo packages and James will likely be inactive or only be on the field for 5+ touches a game. IMHO if James has proven it to the coaches I would rather see James back there on Kick Returns instead of Hunter.
He's going to be awesome
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Sometimes he looks like the best RB on the roster.

In Madden 13, he's the best RB (IMO)

False
IMO
he's nice but Gore is a BEAST!
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 99problems:
False
IMO
he's nice but Gore is a BEAST!

The two items in bold are mutually exclusive.
We gonna miss him.

BAD!!!!!!
Bump.

Anybody else feel like this guy is getting overlooked/trade blocked?
Hunter is still a proven commodity. Talking about Latt and Hyde is nice but neither have done anything so far. And...he's now another year removed from his injury. When healthy, Hunter will do fine and consequently let Latt and Hyde ease in and take the necessary time.

We still need to resign him because he's worth keeping around for another 5 years.
Both Barrows and Maiocco hvae speculated that we're going to be giving hunter an extension shortly

dafuq?
Hopefully it's really cheap. Lattimore, Hyde, Hunter are probably the future. Gore probably is gone after this year and LMJ probably this year.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Link???

Originally posted by iLL49er:
Both Barrows and Maiocco hvae speculated that we're going to be giving hunter an extension shortly
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
With our current RB situation and him being in his contract year what are you people expect to see out of Hunter this season ?

Personally I always hope that he gets more carries cause I really like what I see when he gets his chance. With his Speed, quickness and vision he brings a whole other dimension to our offense. I have my fingers crossed that he gets an extension rather sooner than later !

[ Edited by DeUh on May 31, 2014 at 6:19 PM ]
Originally posted by DeUh:
With our current RB situation and him being in his contract year what are you people expect to see out of Hunter this season ?

Personally I always hope that he gets more carries cause I really like what I see when he gets his chance. With his Speed, quickness and vision he brings a whole other dimension to our offense. I have my fingers crossed that he gets an extension rather sooner than later !

The same. I'm also interested in him getting a little work at returner. His carries are going to be limited going into the future (thinking 2015 and beyond) if he remains in San Francisco, so hoping we will find other uses for him.
Share 49ersWebzone