LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 267 users in the forums

Round 4, #118, the San Francisco 49ers selects Kendall Hunter (RB) Oklahoma St.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by King49er:
if he starts getting more carries going into the 2nd half of the season then I think he's going to have some huge games. I notice we don't throw to him either, I'd like to see them put him in space and see what he can do

touchdown every time.
damn i can't wait until he busts out...i'm hoping he breaks a 50+ yarder for a TD this week
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
damn i can't wait until he busts out...i'm hoping he breaks a 50+ yarder for a TD this week

He's due

Even if Gore
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Even if Gore

Even if Gire

He's due

it seems like whenever he subs in for gore, theres no open running lanes or the oline completely fails
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Even if Gore

Even if Gire

lol.

Please enlighten me about the "Even if Gire" joke.

I'm a long-time reader, short-time user in the webzone but I missed where this joke came from -- and it kills me that I see it everywhere lol.

Considering the humor on this board, I'm very curious
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
lol.

I'm a long-time reader, short-time user in the webzone but I missed where this joke came from -- and it kills me that I see it everywhere lol.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/157660-peter-wouldnt-surprised-kendall-hunter-gains-yards---even/search=even%20if%20gore
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
lol.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/157660-peter-wouldnt-surprised-kendall-hunter-gains-yards---even/search=even%20if%20gore

After weeks of waiting, thank you, donniedarko.

I finally understand. haha

He's due

it seems like whenever he subs in for gore, theres no open running lanes or the oline completely fails

That's not going to last, as he see's more playing time the D whill hone in on the run less because it won't be a high percent bet that we're going to be running with him. Some more touches and some more passing plays to him, look at what he did in the Philly game, he should have had that damn TD.

His pass blocking alone should warrant him more playing time, and it will. The kid's going to be good and will get his shots, Harbaugh and the RB coach's know this too.

He needs the ball more, especially in passing situations
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Dude is killer in the screen game, don't why we don't do that more.
Gotta bring this back...thanks for the video Triolanto.

Originally posted by Triolanto:
hello everyone I am new to the forums but im not a new 49ers fan, just wanted to throw that out there. well anyways check my new Kendall Hunter highlight video. thanks!

Hunter: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNiLQR_LV1M
Sproles: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gSa_Vgzbto
LaMichael James: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjljPTvR9b8

Like HoneyBadger49er & susweel noted above, I always wondered why we didn't use more of Hunter in the run game (he blocks well in passing situations too) and especially in the screen/passing game. The dude is electric and gets from 0-60 in under 3 seconds.

He reminds me so much of Sproles (super quick and fast, zero hesitation, sets defenders up nicely, follows blocks & hides behind them very well, great patience and then burst, excellent vision, finishes drives, great hands, RAC, slippery, etc.). And then we drafted LMJ who is a similar player.

Are we looking for Kendall Hunter to replace Gore this year - next? And LMJ to become Sproles-like this year?
[ Edited by NCommand on Jun 21, 2012 at 1:27 PM ]
Thank you for the video a lil grainy (could just be my crappy screen) but still a good watch. I think hunter will start getting more carries and when the time comes will take over for gore and LMJ will be used much like sproles. I'm sitting here salivating at the though of a LMJ-KHunter tandem. Harbs and Roman have a unique running scheme and opposing defenses are going to have there hands full with this backfield. Can't wait to see it in action.
Share 49ersWebzone