LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 189 users in the forums

CB Chris Culliver, South Carolina

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Ugh we should've traded back some more. We could've got this guy in the 4th. Baalke is a dumbass.

Or he could have been taken with the next pick by the Raiders, all sites I've seen had Culliver rated higher than Van Dyke. All you folks who can predict the future you should been working on Wall Street.

[ Edited by Niners6262 on Apr 29, 2011 at 19:03:11 ]
Eric_Branch tweeted

Culliver ranks third in SEC history in kickoff returns (106) and kickoff return yards (2,476), average of 23.3 yards per return.
bydavidwhite: Culliver played CB and S. Mike Mayock had him as a sixth-rounder. "A height-weight-speed guy but he worries me."
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

lmao
Eric_Branch: #49ers Culliver (6-0, 200) ran the 40 in 4.35 seconds at combine. Had a 38 1/2-inch vertical, 10-3 b. jump. He's an athlete, at the least.
49ers

Listen to CB Chris Culliver's conference call with the #49ers media http://bit.ly/iRNKSJ #SFdraft
I like the pick, very physical and can run with anyone
I'm wondering what other CB we could have gotten who has this combination of size and speed? I don't think there is one. They are putting a lot of pressure on the new staff to coach these guys up. If they win more games than last year, I'm happy. I'm interested to see who they pick up in the late rounds, that's where this scouting staff seems to really shine.
Originally posted by PTulini:
bydavidwhite: Culliver played CB and S. Mike Mayock had him as a sixth-rounder. "A height-weight-speed guy but he worries me."

Thought they were going to grab that CB from Louisville. Bad pick.
Eric_Branch: Culliver ranks third in SEC history in kickoff returns (106) and kickoff return yards (2,476), average of 23.3 yards per return.

Looks like Baalke wants his guys at key positions and drafts them no matter what.

He drafted a bunch of projects last year as well....
dude is prolly a nickel-back, special teams guy. 3rd rounder? meh
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
4.35 40, built like a tank, strong and fast, raw but there's a lot of potential there.

Built like a tank? Would be a pretty skinny tank. Looks like he was projected by many in the 5th-6th round. Here we go again, ANOTHER year of questionable mid-late round picks.

Pro football weekly said he was gifted athletically, but was a soft tackler. He also had some injury issues in college. At 6-0, 199, he apparently is thin-framed and needs to get stronger. Both Myock and Pro football Weekly say he is a late-round prospect. Mel Kiper said that Culliver's speed is first round, but he plays like a fourth-rounder. [/b]
Depth in the secondary, and an immediate special teams contributer.

Worthy of a 3rd round pick?
Originally posted by RDB4216:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
4.35 40, built like a tank, strong and fast, raw but there's a lot of potential there.

Built like a tank? Would be a pretty skinny tank. Looks like he was projected by many in the 5th-6th round. Here we go again, ANOTHER year of questionable mid-late round picks.

Pro football weekly said he was gifted athletically, but was a soft tackler. He also had some injury issues in college. At 6-0, 199, he apparently is thin-framed and needs to get stronger. Both Myock and Pro football Weekly say he is a late-round prospect. Mel Kiper said that Culliver's speed is first round, but he plays like a fourth-rounder. [/b]

He may have gotten by on his athletic ability but sucks at football.
Share 49ersWebzone