There are 226 users in the forums

49ers likely to be fined for Harbaugh's workouts with Alex Smith

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by bigmike55:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
I like how the COACH choosing to meet with AS is somehow AS' fault 100%.

Classic NT.

After putting us fans through 6 years of wretched football and horrible QB play, everything is his fault. If Joe Nedney misses a FG, it's Alex Smiths fault he didn't score a TD. He just needs to go already.

Because he made so much money as the 1st overall pick, it's actually his fault there's a lockout. Damn him.
Reportedly, there were 4-6 other teams who'll be fined for similar infractions. Not sure if Harbaugh was aware he was violating rules or not, but I'd say he'd probably do it again. As the new head coach, he was doing whatever he could to get to know as many players as possible.
  • fryet
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
Oh wait, look what I just found on a blog. Niners got fined for getting too many fines, Roger don't like us any more. See, what I said; Don't pay, flip em off. Here you go, check it out:

You're not going to believe this one that just hit profootballtalk: League Fines 49ers For Getting Too Many Fines Key quotes - Goodell: "It's clear that a culture of violation has become ingrained in the 49er organization. Today I'm sending them a clear message - the violation must end."

On whether the 49ers were really doing anything different than every other NFL team, Goodell said: "I can only comment on what I know. I know the 49ers have had multiple violations, I know I can fine them, and I know they will pay it quickly and without complaint."

On whether Goodell would level a similar fine on the Rooneys or Jerry Jones, Goodell said, "Each circumstance is unique. All of the criteria I laid out on why I could fine the 49ers are not necessarily there with the Steelers or Cowboys." On whether the 49ers have become Goodell's whipping boy: "I just think that sometimes you need to send a message to the other teams or players or whomever, and when you do that, you kind of choose the path of least resistance."

On whether a possible $100 million loan for new stadium construction from the NFL to the 49ers gives Goodell undue leverage over the 49ers: "Let's just say it doesn't make my position any weaker." John York: "We respect the NFL's rules and Commissioner Goodell's decision." Here's the link: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/23/league-fines-49ers-for-getting-too-many-fines/

Read more: Report: 49ers 'likely violator' of pre-lockout rule
Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story
~~ F**K Off!!!!!!!!!

Um, the link is not valid, and that doesn't look like a valid article. Why would a veteran fabricate something like this? Can't you get warned/banned?
To bad..but still just $$$...as long as we don't lose any draft picks i can live with it, especially as it ain't my money. ha...
this is retarded, but unfortunately it is the rules. Players should be able to sign waivers if coaches, etc. ask to meet with them. It's not like they were running full contact drills or anything major, they were tossing the ball around. Some parts of the CBA are ridiculous as the NFL lab negotiations...
lol the 9ers could likely see a fine for coach and Smith throwing ball at the back of the field. But nothing comes up when we have Westbrook talking to Reid about wanting to go back to the Eagles?

GOODELL MUST GO!
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ace49ers:
lol the 9ers could likely see a fine for coach and Smith throwing ball at the back of the field. But nothing comes up when we have Westbrook talking to Reid about wanting to go back to the Eagles?

GOODELL MUST GO!

I know..it's bullsh-t
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Goodell worst commissioner in a generation. Completely impotent.

maybe your just not trying hard enough

Classic NT.

haha, I don't really believe this. But this is pretty funny one to joke about, after all that has happened here.

Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Originally posted by djfullshred:
I'd hardly describe a potential fine as a nightmare for the 49ers. These things keep happening because this team has kept bringing in inexperienced people in to run the place. I am not saying Harbaugh was not the perfect choice, but saying there will be growing pains whenever someone starts learning a new job.

The fine is not the nightmare my friend.

Exactly.

Also, if the reports are true but Alex benefits then the fine may be worth it.
  • Otter
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Goodell worst commissioner in a generation. Completely impotent.

maybe your just not trying hard enough

pwnr
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by djfullshred:
I'd hardly describe a potential fine as a nightmare for the 49ers. These things keep happening because this team has kept bringing in inexperienced people in to run the place. I am not saying Harbaugh was not the perfect choice, but saying there will be growing pains whenever someone starts learning a new job.

Or that Goodell is a closet DAL fan and has it in for the Niners.

Oh, you mean the Dallas team that just got fined for the exact same thing?
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:

Classic NT.

• mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fryet:
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
Oh wait, look what I just found on a blog. Niners got fined for getting too many fines, Roger don't like us any more. See, what I said; Don't pay, flip em off. Here you go, check it out:

You're not going to believe this one that just hit profootballtalk: League Fines 49ers For Getting Too Many Fines Key quotes - Goodell: "It's clear that a culture of violation has become ingrained in the 49er organization. Today I'm sending them a clear message - the violation must end."

On whether the 49ers were really doing anything different than every other NFL team, Goodell said: "I can only comment on what I know. I know the 49ers have had multiple violations, I know I can fine them, and I know they will pay it quickly and without complaint."

On whether Goodell would level a similar fine on the Rooneys or Jerry Jones, Goodell said, "Each circumstance is unique. All of the criteria I laid out on why I could fine the 49ers are not necessarily there with the Steelers or Cowboys." On whether the 49ers have become Goodell's whipping boy: "I just think that sometimes you need to send a message to the other teams or players or whomever, and when you do that, you kind of choose the path of least resistance."

On whether a possible $100 million loan for new stadium construction from the NFL to the 49ers gives Goodell undue leverage over the 49ers: "Let's just say it doesn't make my position any weaker." John York: "We respect the NFL's rules and Commissioner Goodell's decision." Here's the link: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/23/league-fines-49ers-for-getting-too-many-fines/

Read more: Report: 49ers 'likely violator' of pre-lockout rule
Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story
~~ F**K Off!!!!!!!!!

Um, the link is not valid, and that doesn't look like a valid article. Why would a veteran fabricate something like this? Can't you get warned/banned?

yeah wtf is this garbage?
Share 49ersWebzone