There are 201 users in the forums

How many years before Harbaugh turns us around?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I was reading the 2011 expectations thread and it got me wondering. If things don't turn around as quickly as you would like how long will you give Jim to turn it around? Personally I will give him at least 4 years to turn it around. Nolan was givien 3.5 and Sing was given 2.5, so I think Jim at least get that amount of time if not more. Luckily I would be supprised it took that long. I don't know if we will get instant results, but I think we will see a big jump between year 1 and 2. Year 1 might be a little to soon though with a new system, no QB, and the CBA lockout looming. Despite these factors the optimist in me is hoping for at least an 8-8 record but we'll see. I just wanted to see how long of a leash the rest of you will allow before you turn negative and nasty.

MODS: I know this post is kind of related to the 2011 expectations post, but thought it was different enough since it delt with Harbaugh and looked beyoned 2011, but if you need to merge the threads please do so. Thank you.
This year
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
This year
If the CBA negotiations are lengthy and system installation is delayed into the late summer it could be ugly . . . maybe even Andrew Luck ugly . . .
[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on Jan 15, 2011 at 10:56 PM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Really depends on how he looks as head coach. If the offense is top 15 and we go 8-8 id say that's a good season. If we go 6-10 and the QB position is still up in the air and he isn't looking like the coach we thought then we have a problem. If we look like the Texans have the last few years aka strong offense, weak defense.... id take that for year one.
Depends on when the cba gets done. Soon, and we'll be in good shape this year. If it's late into the season, then we'll be really far begin.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
If we're not 10-0 coming out of the gates! fire his a$$!
Originally posted by jrg:
This year
Depends on how long it takes him to locate a legit QB.
by year 3 i would like to see a legitimate QB running the team and a divisional title. maybe that's asking too much but i feel like fans have been faithful long enough through the bad times to be rewarded.

If Carrol can win the division at 7-9 and win a playoff game, Harbaugh better get us to our first winning season since 2002 and hopefully win the division and a playoff game..
Originally posted by 49ersnum1:
If Carrol can win the division at 7-9 and win a playoff game, Harbaugh better get us to our first winning season since 2002 and hopefully win the division and a playoff game..

isn't 8-8 a winning season? Didn't we go 8-8, 2 years ago?
Originally posted by PickNo24toGB:
by year 3 i would like to see a legitimate QB running the team and a divisional title. maybe that's asking too much but i feel like fans have been faithful long enough through the bad times to be rewarded.

This.

Marked improvement from the QB position and at least one division title would be enough.
Originally posted by 49ersnum1:

isn't 8-8 a winning season? Didn't we go 8-8, 2 years ago?

How can .500 be considered a winning season? You won as much as you lost.
2 - 3 years. We need to get a QB in and develop him.
Share 49ersWebzone