There are 155 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What Veteran QB will Harbaugh get and why?

What Veteran QB will Harbaugh get and why?

• ZRF80
Originally posted by mryan1004:
Originally posted by ZRF80:
I think McNabb would be the best fit, since he's already familiar with the WCO and wouldnt have as much difficulty adjusting. Plus, he'd be a good mentor to any rookie trying to learn the ropes in 2011.

However, Im thinking that Harbaugh goes for the "franchise" quarterback. Especially since Luck has decided to hold off on going pro. I wouldnt be surprised to see Kolb here as the QB of the future..........

I have to ask, what has kolb proved? ty detmer looked decent in andy reid's offense...

He's proven enough. He's had success (albeit limited) in the league, which puts him above any rookie QB available in this year's draft. He's MUCH better than Alex; if anyone fails to see that, then they're blind.

He hasnt played enough to warrant a future HOF batch, but he's better than anyone else out there......and his age makes him a franchise QB.
Originally posted by maxsmart:
Originally posted by HarbaughEra49:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I would probably take Alex over any of those guys. He can coach Alex up.

Do you really think Alex still wants to be with this team? And I think the organization doesn't want him either, it's time for a fresh start.

At least the door open for AS to return, IF Harbaugh wants him

I hate to say it i kind of agree. Draft one high and if you cant get Orton, Mcnabb, or Kolb then might want to at least think about keeping Alex. I have not been fond of what alex has done but if the fore mentioned three arent available i just dont see much we could get. In the end its up to the coach and new staff. I just dont want to have a throw away season with someone totally ridiculous while harbaugh and everyone prepare the next.
I think McNabb would be the best fit, since he's already familiar with the WCO and wouldnt have as much difficulty adjusting. Plus, he'd be a good mentor to any rookie trying to learn the ropes in 2011.

However, Im thinking that Harbaugh goes for the "franchise" quarterback. Especially since Luck has decided to hold off on going pro. I wouldnt be surprised to see Kolb here as the QB of the future..........

I have to ask, what has kolb proved? ty detmer looked decent in andy reid's offense...

He's proven enough. He's had success (albeit limited) in the league, which puts him above any rookie QB available in this year's draft. He's MUCH better than Alex; if anyone fails to see that, then they're blind.

He hasnt played enough to warrant a future HOF batch, but he's better than anyone else out there......and his age makes him a franchise QB.

McNabb sucks. He's dropped off badly. At this point he's not any better than Alex.
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
Alex Smith is nothing close to a West Coast QB. He lacks everything necessary, besides mobility, to strive in that offense. Your main goal in a WCO is to get YAC, and you do that by hitting your receivers in stride, which he has proven that he is inept at. McNabb would be a decent fit, I think Orton would be a better fit, and the same goes with Kolb, just because they are more accurate passers. Overall, I think he will make a good enough choice for now, I don't expect to find our franchise QB during this offseason, unless they find another Tom Brady like player in the draft...who knows.

LOL. Find a Tom Brady type player in the draft. Good plan...

read the bolded part again, stop trying to make your own agenda and spinning things around. when did i mention that should be our plan, or that is our plan?
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
He might be able to do something none of the last couple of coaches could do...coach up Alex Smith.

I wanna make a thread about that, but no math-magician can count how many bashers are gonna be in there...

I understand their reasoning, but all we need is for everyone to have an open mind especially since money might conflict with who we get. (QB)

Idk, if we get someone better than Alex, I'm all for it, but the chances of that, well aren't really known and so for now I say keep him as a backup. I just think he will serve as a better alternate than anyone else we may have.

I also would have liked to see how Nate Davis performed, but I guess he will have to wait his turn.

Overall, Harbaugh is an intelligent guy, he's no Bill Walsh, (as of now) but we can definitely count on him to really help rebuild this organization just like he did for other teams.

Finally, in good spirits and worry-free confidence, I can indeed say...

Go Niners!

[ Edited by rEspEctdA49ers on Jan 7, 2011 at 20:49:44 ]

his last game he was 1 touchdown 3 interceptions sacked 5 times and lost a fumble........not impressed his other games werent' far off, thats why reid didnt hesitate to throw vick in early in the season
  • ZRF80

McNabb sucks. He's dropped off badly. At this point he's not any better than Alex.

(MCNABB) Because he had one bad season after so many great ones ?

(ALEX) Or because Alex has had so many bad ones that he's bound to have a good one eventually ?
I think Orton would be the best choice...Kolb is the guy I really want to see come to SF, but I don't think Reid will be anxious to make a deal as long as Vick continues to absorb so much punishment. After the 2011 season, Kolb will be a FA...but for now, I think Orton would be an excellent QB to run Coach's WCO.

(ALEX) Or because Alex has had so many bad ones that he's bound to have a good one eventually ?

McNabb and Westbrook reunion! plenty of success in the wco

2010 Stats.

Donovan McNabb 14 TD's 15 Int's 77.1 Rating.

Alex Smith 14 TD's 10 Int's 82.1 Rating.

That's the guy you want...
Originally posted by longtime49erfan:
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
From that list I think McNabb has the most experience in the WCO. I'll pick McNabb.

I tend to agree.

I think he will bring in a veteran QB while he develops a rookie. That veteran would be McNabb, who is extremely familiar with the WCO. I believe McNabb will provide the perfect balance of WCO veteran player and rookie teacher.

but is he willing to accept that role? I think McNabb is going to want to go somewhere where he is the undisputed "man". Min will prob land McNabb to be their franchise QB for 4-5 years. I think we end up going after Orton maybe Kolb but I'd prefer Orton for 1-3 years while someone Harbaugh likes is drafted/developed.
  • ZRF80

2010 Stats.

Why dont you go back and tally the stats from 2005 to 2009 and post them for us as well.......so we a better idea of exactly you're comparing.....

2010 Stats.

Why dont you go back and tally the stats from 2005 to 2009 and post them for us as well.......so we a better idea of exactly you're comparing.....

you're asking him to provide actual facts that are not taken out of context? lol...GOODf**kINGLUCK.
I actually like Kolb. Is there a way to get this guy?
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I think Dennis Dixon will be signed by the Niners this offseason.

i wanted us to draft him