There are 217 users in the forums

What Veteran QB will Harbaugh get and why?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What Veteran QB will Harbaugh get and why?

My vote goes for Trent Edwards. He was a Stanford guy, and he can thrive under Harbaugh. If not, Orton if he can be had for a 3rd round pick instead of the 2nd they broncos want.
I'd rather have Alex Smith than more than half of those guys.

They don't want some old vet. They want a young guy to develop, though may bring in a vet temporarily to compete/mentor.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Maybe Flynn from Green Bay.
I would guess Trent Edwards, Josh Johnson, Mcnabb in that order.
I think Dennis Dixon will be signed by the Niners this offseason.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
I'd take Smith over all of them minus Kolb and Orton, but they'll be far more expensive. Would rather save the money/picks for other needs.
He might be able to do something none of the last couple of coaches could do...coach up Alex Smith.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
He might be able to do something none of the last couple of coaches could do...coach up Alex Smith.

Yes, according to Matt Williamson of Scouts.Inc:

"The 49ers were the worst schematic team in the league," Williamson said. "That starts with Singletary and goes down to the way they handle quarterbacks, put together game plans, have no stability. Harbaugh will erase all that. He is worth more to the Niners than any other team in the league."

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/31052/jim-harbaugh-a-home-run-for-49ers

[ Edited by vaden on Jan 7, 2011 at 19:51:34 ]
Orton gets my vote for a stopgap until Harbaugh can develop a QB.

Charlie Batch? lmao
orton

From that list I think McNabb has the most experience in the WCO. I'll pick McNabb.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I think Dennis Dixon will be signed by the Niners this offseason.

I don't think anyone else has brought him up before, didn't know he was a free agent. I think he was pretty decent when he got playing time, minus that game deciding interception.
My First Choice Would Be To Try Getting Kolb By Trading A Draft Pick.

2nd Option Would Be To Sign A FA...Example: Orton Or Mcnabb, Draft Cam Newton If He's Available At 7th And Let Him Grow Under Mcnabb...I Would Not Take Any Other QB With Our 7th Pick. I Think All Other Qb's In The Draft Are 2nd Rounders, Mallet Is Good But Did Not Like How He Moved In The Pocket. If We Cant Get Newton @ 7 I Say We Go For a CB Or DE And Draft A QB Like Kellen Moore Or Blaine Gabbert In The 2nd Round..........
Favre
McNabb ......... CHAMPIONSHIP!
Share 49ersWebzone