There are 190 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What Veteran QB will Harbaugh get and why?

What Veteran QB will Harbaugh get and why?

Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I think Dennis Dixon will be signed by the Niners this offseason.

always liked him, and he's a bay area product..
Originally posted by HarbaughEra49:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I would probably take Alex over any of those guys. He can coach Alex up.

Do you really think Alex still wants to be with this team? And I think the organization doesn't want him either, it's time for a fresh start.

That might be the case. But a lot of guys on that list are washouts. And a rookie will take time to develop. So if you have a guy who can buy you a year I would not overlook it.

Do you really think Alex still wants to be with this team? And I think the organization doesn't want him either, it's time for a fresh start.

At least the door open for AS to return, IF Harbaugh wants him
Originally posted by Nuns:
Originally posted by 9erred:
My vote goes for Trent Edwards. He was a Stanford guy, and he can thrive under Harbaugh. If not, Orton if he can be had for a 3rd round pick instead of the 2nd they broncos want.

I may be a bit of a masochist, but I would love to see what harbaugh get get out of Alex smith

I think that at this point, the fans might accept Smith staying if:
- Harbaugh wants to keep Smith.
- The 49ers also bring in another credible veteran and really have Smith and the guy competes for the short-term starting job.
  • GORO
  • Veteran
Originally posted by B650:
Maybe Flynn from Green Bay.

Greenbay might not let him go to easily. Maybe they ask more then we are willing to pay.
Kyle Orton seems to be the most groomed qb on that list. Hopefully he'll try to force Denver to trade him.

That might be the case. But a lot of guys on that list are washouts. And a rookie will take time to develop. So if you have a guy who can buy you a year I would not overlook it.

Yeah you have a great point there. I also believe Alex Smith isn't as bad as people make him seem, he was just brought up in the NFL in a stupid way. I just registered today but I have been following the webzone for a long time, and ive seen how people blamed alex his whole career. I just think that Alex and the 49ers have had enough of eachother and it's time to move on. The 49ers will be a great organization without Alex and Alex will be a good QB without the 49ers.
Originally posted by cuhran:
My First Choice Would Be To Try Getting Kolb By Trading A Draft Pick.

2nd Option Would Be To Sign A FA...Example: Orton Or Mcnabb, Draft Cam Newton If He's Available At 7th And Let Him Grow Under Mcnabb...I Would Not Take Any Other QB With Our 7th Pick. I Think All Other Qb's In The Draft Are 2nd Rounders, Mallet Is Good But Did Not Like How He Moved In The Pocket. If We Cant Get Newton @ 7 I Say We Go For a CB Or DE And Draft A QB Like Kellen Moore Or Blaine Gabbert In The 2nd Round..........

Uhh Blaine Gabbert is now the top Qb prospect coming out this draft. And i would be weary of guys like Cam newton, kind of reminds me of jamarcus russel and i think he gets away with alot of plays on his own being he is just so much more athletically gifted than college players. In the NFL he will be matched up against the best. me personally i would rather have a guy like gabbert or maybe mallet. or dalton in a later round
Alex Smith is nothing close to a West Coast QB. He lacks everything necessary, besides mobility, to strive in that offense. Your main goal in a WCO is to get YAC, and you do that by hitting your receivers in stride, which he has proven that he is inept at. McNabb would be a decent fit, I think Orton would be a better fit, and the same goes with Kolb, just because they are more accurate passers. Overall, I think he will make a good enough choice for now, I don't expect to find our franchise QB during this offseason, unless they find another Tom Brady like player in the draft...who knows.
Originally posted by 49erfoeva:
Kyle Orton seems to be the most groomed qb on that list. Hopefully he'll try to force Denver to trade him.

groomed?? you see that nasty beard he rocks!

Yeah you have a great point there. I also believe Alex Smith isn't as bad as people make him seem, he was just brought up in the NFL in a stupid way. I just registered today but I have been following the webzone for a long time, and ive seen how people blamed alex his whole career. I just think that Alex and the 49ers have had enough of eachother and it's time to move on. The 49ers will be a great organization without Alex and Alex will be a good QB without the 49ers.

He never had good QB coaching and development. Now we have the best guy for that. I'm not saying he's necessarily the answer. But he can buy you a year.
i know theyre a little bit older but a mcnabb to westbrook wco did wonders in philly!
Matt Flynn, aka Matt Hasselbeck of the future

Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
Alex Smith is nothing close to a West Coast QB. He lacks everything necessary, besides mobility, to strive in that offense. Your main goal in a WCO is to get YAC, and you do that by hitting your receivers in stride, which he has proven that he is inept at. McNabb would be a decent fit, I think Orton would be a better fit, and the same goes with Kolb, just because they are more accurate passers. Overall, I think he will make a good enough choice for now, I don't expect to find our franchise QB during this offseason, unless they find another Tom Brady like player in the draft...who knows.

LOL. Find a Tom Brady type player in the draft. Good plan...