LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 149 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. SAN DIEGO CHARGERS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 15)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
A better team...

lol. I heart your posts
[ Edited by mr2324jgf on Dec 14, 2010 at 12:48 AM ]
Kidnap Philip Rivers.... Like in Celtic Pride.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by mr2324jgf:

Lulz at kwame harris

41 is getting man handled! Who was 41???

Chris Hetherington

I still remember when PJ Fleck and Johnny Morton were Alex's "go to" weapons.

lulz

Pray
Win
I just bought my tickets! Where is everyone going to hang out at for the tailgate?
Let me know if you want to meet up before the game for some tailgating!!!! Send me message
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
A better team...

I've seen Phillip Rivers at Bar West here in Pacific Beach a few times this year, I'm thinking I can hit him over the head a few times with a bottle, Anthony Cromartie style. I was also thinking of finding out where he lives and placing banana peels all over his driveway... maybe hid his keys in his fish tank
  • TJA85
  • Veteran
Definitely keep the offense more "open".
Originally posted by jrg:
D-E-F-E-N-S-E.

What he said..

Also, hot read slants, crossing. Some disguised pick plays off the slants would be nice; like Walsh used to run.

The #1 D, SD has, there is going to be major hitting. Smith has to get the ball out faster than he ever has, ever..
[ Edited by Bali-Niner on Dec 14, 2010 at 2:03 AM ]
Make a pact with Satan.

Originally posted by binary2nd:
Make a pact with Satan.

ok done! I can haz a win now?
  • Tombo
  • Veteran
Get new owners.
[ Edited by Tombo on Dec 14, 2010 at 2:05 AM ]
Originally posted by Tombo:
Get new owners.

That would help thou, at some later date..
We have to play our @sses off and we have to be mistake free and we will need some turnovers too. Short week and on the road against a good team ...... it doesn't look likely.
Wow. I thought this was a 49ers fan site yet all I see is negetivity. I understand we are not the Patriots or the Saints, but we sure as hell are not the Panthers. I understand that the 0-5 start was tough but have some faith, as we have won 5 of our last 8. It should have been 6 of 8, but Alex went down in Carolina after a great start. We were picked to win our divison not because we are stacked with talent or because we have the best coaching staff in the league. We were picked to win because we play in a divison full of rebuildig teams. The truth of the matter is that we can and most likely will win this divison and if this team continues to play like they did last week, we can make a run like AZ did in 08-09. You just have to keep grinding and keep your head up. I think we have one of the most balanced teams in the NFL and with this second wind we seem to have I think we could ruin a lot of teams parties going down the road. Okay end of my rant.

Keys to win the game;

Ant Dixon and Westbrook will have to win this game for us. Ant Dixon has to use his rare combo of speed and size to wear the Chargers front 7-8 down early. Westy will have to be the go to veteran guy that convert short 2nd downs and tough 3rd downs. The man is one of the best ever working with the screen, dump off, flip pass and turning it into a big play. I think if we can extend drives on 2nd downs instead of thirds we should be able to get out of SD with a win.

The Raiders ran it 42 times for 192 with their main backs. Jason Campbell also chipped in for 7 rushes for 37 yards and a td. Darren McFaddden caught 3 passes out the backfield for 30 yards. They basically nickle and dimed the hell out of the Chargers. I think if we do this it will also allow us to keep D.Walker and Vernon out on the field as blockers and cause a lot of mismatches with SD's linebackers. Just keep it simple and dry to develop plays withn 5-15 yards on the pass. I think all of our te's, wr's, and rb's have the after the catch ability to extended the play for a big gain.

I think this works in our favor as it's coming off a short week, due to our horrible first half of the season the Chargers don't have much to gameplan for. I just see the Chargers falling asleep at the wheel like they always do. Us keeping it simpe and only dropping Alex back 10-15 times and getting out of SD with a 24-17ish win.
Share 49ersWebzone