LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 264 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. SAN DIEGO CHARGERS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 15)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Offense

We need to execute
provide protection for Alex Smith
the receivers need to actually catch the ball and do something with it after the catch like last week.
Westbrook and Dixon need to keep running strong.
limit turn overs and penalties

Defense

Create pressure on Rivers consistently
Stop the Chargers run game
Create turn overs
DB's need to step up and not get burned for the big play

ST
Ginn please run 1 back for a TD!!!
prevent big returns .
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Film their practice, load up on performance enhancers, take a shovel to Rivers' knee, etc.
We need to play well on offense period. We're going to have to be able to throw the ball and be able to run it on them. We need our special teams to come up big and we need our D to create some turnovers. If we do that we can win.
just score 1 more point than them and we're in business.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Film their practice, load up on performance enhancers, take a shovel to Rivers' knee, etc.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

sing would be too busy watching our film to watch theirs too...
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Chargers don't show up. The 49ers have won ONE road game all year against the hapless Cardinals, London doesn't count as both teams were on the road. The 49ers will get slaughtered.
via ESPN Injury Report: Iupati may sit
This game is going to be all about how PREPARED the 49ers are. If we are prepared, well coached, and we scheme properly...we'll have a good shot. The SEA game was the FIRST game all year where I felt we prepared and planned properly.
via ESPN Injury Report: Iupati may sit

Damn it!

• gage
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:
Anything can happen on a short week. SD just played a big game that they probably focused highly on. Let's hope they didn't get time last week to work on anything Niners related. Same goes for us but we don't really prepare anyways so we are coming in with house money. And we play well on national tv.

I lold so freaking hard at the bolded.
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by mr2324jgf:

Lulz at kwame harris

41 is getting man handled! Who was 41???

Chris Hetherington

Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by mr2324jgf:

Lulz at kwame harris

41 is getting man handled! Who was 41???

Chris Hetherington

I still remember when PJ Fleck and Johnny Morton were Alex's "go to" weapons.
to be honest, if you think we have the ability to get into a shootout with these guys, you are in for a RUDE AWAKENING.

They are the #1 Pass Defense in the NFL for a reason and we just don't have the speed to stretch the field on them.

I think a big key to winning the game, as much as I do not want to say it, is running the ball and controlling the clock. Our defense has shown up quite a few times against ELITE QB's and with Gates not having a RIDICULOUS mismatch against Man-law like he does against the rest of the NFL, I still think keeping them off the field is our only bet.

We have to run the ball as it as shown that because of their run defense and ST's, they have lost some games to teams they shouldnt have lost to (SEA, STL, OAK twice).

Dixon and Westbrook will be key and the offensive line needs to open up holes. they have been playing better in the past 4 games but for some reason, our running attack is HORRENDOUS against poor run defense teams

We need to come out there, convert and keep the chains moving, sustaining long drives against these guys. Wow, I sound like Mike Singletary right now
A better team...
Share 49ersWebzone