LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 262 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. SAN DIEGO CHARGERS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 15)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by kidash:
Originally posted by global_nomad:
damn just talked to some family in SD they said it will be 34-7 chargers. I hope they are overconfident.

They are.... It's gonna be 34-14.

No wayz, it'll be 34-31 - 9ers!!!

I can't freaking stand Phillip Rivers!!!
Originally posted by Jt8786:
We lose this game. Alex will struggle, defense will be picked apart.

It truly pains me to say it and I hope I'm wrong. There wasn't anything emotional about this win, but I don't think we're a good enough team to capitalize on momentum.

This! Chargers will win the division and game!
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:

It truly pains me to say it and I hope I'm wrong. There wasn't anything emotional about this win, but I don't think we're a good enough team to capitalize on momentum.

It's hard to argue with that. I can't think of the last +.500 team we beat out of division on the road. The Chargers' pattern is start slow, then pick up momentum into the playoffs, then get schooled by Brady or Manning or Roethlisburger.

Our pattern is losing on the road, but gaining momentum in the end of the season when the we are mathematically eliminated. Last week, however, was completely unusual for us. Does our old trusty bad coaching, conservative approach win out or can we build a winning streak...?

I'm still on board the playoffs bandwagon, GO NINERS!
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:

It's hard to argue with that. I can't think of the last +.500 team we beat out of division on the road. The Chargers' pattern is start slow, then pick up momentum into the playoffs, then get schooled by Brady or Manning or Roethlisburger.

Our pattern is losing on the road, but gaining momentum in the end of the season when the we are mathematically eliminated. Last week, however, was completely unusual for us. Does our old trusty bad coaching, conservative approach win out or can we build a winning streak...?

I'm still on board the playoffs bandwagon, GO NINERS!

The Broncos in 2006. We went into their house and destroyed their playoff dreams.
Originally posted by mr2324jgf:

Lulz at kwame harris
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by mr2324jgf:

Lulz at kwame harris

41 is getting man handled! Who was 41???
Anything can happen on a short week. SD just played a big game that they probably focused highly on. Let's hope they didn't get time last week to work on anything Niners related. Same goes for us but we don't really prepare anyways so we are coming in with house money. And we play well on national tv.
I took a look at how various QBs have fared against SD's #1 pass defense this year. It is scary! Here are a few examples: T. Brady - 82.7, Schaub - 78.5, K. Orton - 76.3, and P. Manning - 59.8. Those are some fairly good QBs with good support casts and they had a tough time of it.

Judge Alex as you will, but even if SF loses and Alex only performs at a 75 to 80 level he will have done as well or better than a number of pretty good QBs did against SD this year.

We will have to see, but keep an open mind.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Anything can happen on a short week. SD just played a big game that they probably focused highly on. Let's hope they didn't get time last week to work on anything Niners related. Same goes for us but we don't really prepare anyways so we are coming in with house money. And we play well on national tv.

truth.

Originally posted by excelsior:
I took a look at how various QBs have fared against SD's #1 pass defense this year. It is scary! Here are a few examples: T. Brady - 82.7, Schaub - 78.5, K. Orton - 76.3, and P. Manning - 59.8. Those are some fairly good QBs with good support casts and they had a tough time of it.

Judge Alex as you will, but even if SF loses and Alex only performs at a 75 to 80 level he will have done as well or better than a number of pretty good QBs did against SD this year.

IT won't matter. Alex Smith could have an NFL record day and some won't be happy with it. He could go 40-40 for 600 yards and 8 TD's and there will be the haters chiming in saying "Oh it was because of broken tackles, the receivers made the plays, the defense won the game "
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by excelsior:

IT won't matter. Alex Smith could have an NFL record day and some won't be happy with it. He could go 40-40 for 600 yards and 8 TD's and there will be the haters chiming in saying "Oh it was because of broken tackles, the receivers made the plays, the defense won the game "

prediction 20-35 290yds 2td 1int 91.4 QB rat; 3rush 25yds
Just interested to see what people think we need to do win this Thursday.

I'll start with the obvious. I really think the chances of us limiting the Chargers offense is very small. I really think our secondary is going to struggle against Rivers. I really think our best chance to win is by airing it out. Try and see if we can beat them in a shootout, cause I really find it hard to believe we are going to be able to keep it close any other way. I actually think our offense could be successful in an arial battle. The only thing I wonder is if the short week will have an affect on both teams offenses and we see a sloppy and defensive game like against the bears last year.
[ Edited by The_Distort on Dec 13, 2010 at 11:34 PM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
D-E-F-E-N-S-E.

Film their practice, load up on performance enhancers, take a shovel to Rivers' knee, etc.
Share 49ersWebzone