There are 62 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Next week in this division is HUGE

Seattle will lose AT New Orleans. Saints are at home, a better team and coming of a bye. Arizona is done so I am not worried about them. The Rams will lose to Atlanta. I like our chances vs Tampa and the following week @ Arizona. The key will be beating Seattle at home Dec 12th.
Originally posted by 49ersfaninohio:
In order for the 49ers to win the division, it is going to take a lot of hard work, less penalties, less turnovers on offense and more takeaways on defense, more creativity with the offense, and luck with the other teams losing inside and outside of the division.

Also, could someone please explain to me why our defense cannot stop anybody with less than 2 minutes on the clock? Every time we have a chance to win in regulation, the defense allows teams to march down the field on them with less than 2 minutes. Examples, Saints, Panthers, Falcons, and Rams. Am I missing anyone?

Because we have a weak secondary and a fantastic run defense...when teams abandon the run, like you do in a 2-min drill, they shred us.
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Seattle will lose AT New Orleans. Saints are at home, a better team and coming of a bye. Arizona is done so I am not worried about them. The Rams will lose to Atlanta. I like our chances vs Tampa and the following week @ Arizona. The key will be beating Seattle at home Dec 12th.

I agree, but we must also avoid goofing up on the road in Arizona in two weeks.

Most 49er fans are also writing off the game in Green Bay as a sure loss. Aside from the buffalo and Dallas games, they haven't won a single game by more than one score.
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by nickbradley:

Most 49er fans are also writing off the game in Green Bay as a sure loss. Aside from the buffalo and Dallas games, they haven't won a single game by more than one score.

9-0 is more than one score...I'm just sayin'
Your post is incorrect. Arizona is playing at kansas city and are 7 point underdogs.
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Your post is incorrect. Arizona is playing at kansas city and are 7 point underdogs.

Oops -- I thought the game was at home for them.
Originally posted by KRS-1:

9-0 is more than one score...I'm just sayin'

Oh yeah - -that was the game where the Jets kept driving down the field in the wind, then commencing each drive with a fumble or a pick. I just looked up the stats on the game, and the Jets out-gained them 360-237. Green Bay also got a gimme FG with 30 seconds left to make it a 2-score game...the Jets went for it on 4th and 11 on their own 22 -- they failed and Crosby kicked a chippy FG.

A win is a win, but my point still works -- that Green Bay has not exactly dominated like the pundits predicted...
We're 3-point favs against Tampa next week, while Seattle has to travel to New Orleans as 12-point underdogs, while Arizona (-7) hosts a Kansas City team that was embarrassed by the Broncos and are now tied with the Raiders for 1st-place -- the Rams host ATL and are 3-point home dogs (I'm worried the Rams might pull that one off).

Clearly, Seattle is over-matched in New Orleans and should lose, so if we follow through against Tampa at home, we're one game out of first place with four division games to go!

Week 12 looks good for us too -- with us going to Arizona, Seattle hosting the Chiefs, and St. Louis going to Denver (I would not want to play Denver right now).

Week 12 will be the second week in a row that the 49ers are the only favorite in the whole division...we can be tied for first-place on Thanksgiving weekend!

Seattle probably re-takes sole possession of first place in week 13 (they play CAR, we play GB), but in week 14 we get Seattle at home while STL plays in New Orleans.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/gaming/sheridan.htm

I don't know. TB is really playing well right now. I am also concerned about the Green Bay game just to name a few. AZ is not a for sure win and niether are Seattle or the Rams. We really need to play lights out and hope Seattle dropps an extra one to have a chance. We also need to hope that the Rams or Seattle don't pull off a big win.
I don't know if this team could do it, we would have to lose no more than one game or none at all
Originally posted by aclarke49:
We're 3-point favs against Tampa next week, while Seattle has to travel to New Orleans as 12-point underdogs, while Arizona (-7) hosts a Kansas City team that was embarrassed by the Broncos and are now tied with the Raiders for 1st-place -- the Rams host ATL and are 3-point home dogs (I'm worried the Rams might pull that one off).

Clearly, Seattle is over-matched in New Orleans and should lose, so if we follow through against Tampa at home, we're one game out of first place with four division games to go!

Week 12 looks good for us too -- with us going to Arizona, Seattle hosting the Chiefs, and St. Louis going to Denver (I would not want to play Denver right now).

Week 12 will be the second week in a row that the 49ers are the only favorite in the whole division...we can be tied for first-place on Thanksgiving weekend!

Seattle probably re-takes sole possession of first place in week 13 (they play CAR, we play GB), but in week 14 we get Seattle at home while STL plays in New Orleans.

I don't know. TB is really playing well right now. I am also concerned about the Green Bay game just to name a few. AZ is not a for sure win and niether are Seattle or the Rams. We really need to play lights out and hope Seattle dropps an extra one to have a chance. We also need to hope that the Rams or Seattle don't pull off a big win.

Well, we control our own destiny vis-a-vis STL, and Seattle still has to play NO, KC, ATL, and TB -- those teams have a combined 24-12 record.

If you exclude us from their remaining schedule, Seattle faces a 29-25 strength of schedule -- 28-17 if you exclude Carolina and assume they win that one.

STL also faces a 29-25 strength of opponent (excluding SF).
ARI's remaining opponents (excluding SF) are 15-30, but one of those is against Dallas (much better than their record) -- but AZ's done (I think).
I don't see how we're 3 pt favorites against the Bucs...they're 6-3 and playing better than we are. They have a rising QB in Freeman, and with Blount, a potent RB. Their defense is very opportunistic...so Troy and Co. had better play lights out against them. I'd agree, all 4 NFC West teams are likely to lose this Sunday. If we could pull it out against Tampa Bay, it'd be a huge boost, but I'm sure not counting on it.
I think it's safe to say every week will be HUGE from here on out.

The players are already treating every game as do or die.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I don't see how we're 3 pt favorites against the Bucs...they're 6-3 and playing better than we are. They have a rising QB in Freeman, and with Blount, a potent RB. Their defense is very opportunistic...so Troy and Co. had better play lights out against them. I'd agree, all 4 NFC West teams are likely to lose this Sunday. If we could pull it out against Tampa Bay, it'd be a huge boost, but I'm sure not counting on it.

The betting lines dont even come out this early. IDK wtf the original poster is talking about. Thursday check back and I`m sure the line will be different.
Team Overall Divison

This is Seattle's remaining schedule
@AZ 5-4 3-1-- Beat AZ to control West
@NO 5-5 3-1 --Can see a loss here
KC 5-6 3-1-- The same here, but at home they may pull it off
CAR 6-6 3-1 -- This one is almost a gimme for them and we play GB this week
@SF 6-7 3-2 -- This is going to one heck of a game with the division on the line, IMO
Atl 7-7 3-2 -- A difficult game for them even at home we could make head way
@TB 7-8 3-2 -- Another tough game on the road. We have to catch up in these 2 wks
StL 8-8 4-2 -- I believe they will win at home here.

If we match the 8-8 record, then we would beat them because we would have to end up 5-1 in divisional play where they end up 4-2.

Right now, it's TB, period. One game at a time.
Originally posted by Dominate:
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:

The betting lines dont even come out this early. IDK wtf the original poster is talking about. Thursday check back and I`m sure the line will be different.

The lines are set, +/- a half point. You just can't get a line for Philly or WAS -- can't get the SUN night game either. Teams with major injury questions are often off as well.