LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 266 users in the forums

Next week in this division is HUGE

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We're 3-point favs against Tampa next week, while Seattle has to travel to New Orleans as 12-point underdogs, while Arizona (-7) hosts a Kansas City team that was embarrassed by the Broncos and are now tied with the Raiders for 1st-place -- the Rams host ATL and are 3-point home dogs (I'm worried the Rams might pull that one off).

Clearly, Seattle is over-matched in New Orleans and should lose, so if we follow through against Tampa at home, we're one game out of first place with four division games to go!

Week 12 looks good for us too -- with us going to Arizona, Seattle hosting the Chiefs, and St. Louis going to Denver (I would not want to play Denver right now).

Week 12 will be the second week in a row that the 49ers are the only favorite in the whole division...we can be tied for first-place on Thanksgiving weekend!

Seattle probably re-takes sole possession of first place in week 13 (they play CAR, we play GB), but in week 14 we get Seattle at home while STL plays in New Orleans.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/gaming/sheridan.htm
[ Edited by nickbradley on Nov 15, 2010 at 6:14 AM ]
the entire NFC west will lose this coming week.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

Very good chance, but we are the only team favored right now.
Originally posted by nickbradley:

oh wow, we're favored over the Bucs?? What the????

Being favored doesn't mean anything. They always give 3 points to the home team.

Yes -- I linked to it. There are only three home 'dogs nest week: STL, MIN, and CAR.

Tampa is 4-0 in games decided by 3 points or less -- people are betting that trend won't continue (historically, it can't).
Originally posted by TheChozen:

Being favored doesn't mean anything. They always give 3 points to the home team.

OK -- then its a pick 'em if it were on neutral ground...but its not.
Where do you see this week's spreads already?

Edit: Sorry, Didn't see the link
[ Edited by Gelder on Nov 15, 2010 at 6:26 AM ]

it all depends on what kind of team the niners are....look at the bucs losses, teams that are considered good destroy them, teams that are bad lose to them. They are a perfect middle of the road team and will define if we are are can be good or just a bottom feeding team.
[ Edited by mryan1004 on Nov 15, 2010 at 6:32 AM ]
Originally posted by mryan1004:

it all depends on what kind of team the niners are....look at the bucs losses, teams that are considered good destroy them, teams that are bad lose to them. They are a perfect middle of the road team and will define if we are are can be good or just a bottom feeding team.

All I have to say is that Tampa is 4-0 in games decided by 3 points or less...those teams are a combined 12-24. The team they've lost to -- of which only the Atlanta game was close, are 19-8. I excluded their two beat-downs of Carolina. Also, three of the four close wins were 'hero comebacks'.

We, on the other hand, are 1-4 in games 3 points or less -- those teams are 23-20. We also beat a good raiders team in a close game (but was more than 3 points).

What I'm saying is that we play better against good competition than Tampa does, but Tampa has avoided shooting themselves in the foot.

definitely winnable. Our D is going to have to step it up. Oh and Anthony Davis too!

I lost track, but I think we would of been up by 2 TD's yesterday had it not been for A.Davis. Add more if you count the INT that was called back. Mental errors!
Originally posted by Gelder:
Where do you see this week's spreads already?

Edit: Sorry, Didn't see the link

giving 12 points to Seattle is a massive spread in the NFL -- the spread is probably due to the home/away differential for SEA and NO. NO is very good at home, while Seattle doesn't play nearly as well on the road (although they did beat ARI in ARI).
definitely winnable. Our D is going to have to step it up. Oh and Anthony Davis too!

I lost track, but I think we would of been up by 2 TD's yesterday had it not been for A.Davis. Add more if you count the INT that was called back. Mental errors!

Footballoutsiders also has us ranked as a better team:

http://footballoutsiders.com/stats/teameff
In order for the 49ers to win the division, it is going to take a lot of hard work, less penalties, less turnovers on offense and more takeaways on defense, more creativity with the offense, and luck with the other teams losing inside and outside of the division.

Also, could someone please explain to me why our defense cannot stop anybody with less than 2 minutes on the clock? Every time we have a chance to win in regulation, the defense allows teams to march down the field on them with less than 2 minutes. Examples, Saints, Panthers, Falcons, and Rams. Am I missing anyone?
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Just don't start counting the chickens yet, remember the easy win game last year against the Seahawks that was suppose to help our playoff hopes?
Share 49ersWebzone