LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 242 users in the forums

Next week in this division is HUGE

Shop Find 49ers gear online
if we can limit turnovers/penalties and stupid mistakes we win this game.

but that's a lot to ask for with this team
Originally posted by ninertico:
Team Overall Divison

This is Seattle's remaining schedule
@AZ 5-4 3-1-- Beat AZ to control West
@NO 5-5 3-1 --Can see a loss here
KC 5-6 3-1-- The same here, but at home they may pull it off
CAR 6-6 3-1 -- This one is almost a gimme for them and we play GB this week
@SF 6-7 3-2 -- This is going to one heck of a game with the division on the line, IMO
Atl 7-7 3-2 -- A difficult game for them even at home we could make head way
@TB 7-8 3-2 -- Another tough game on the road. We have to catch up in these 2 wks
StL 8-8 4-2 -- I believe they will win at home here.

If we match the 8-8 record, then we would beat them because we would have to end up 5-1 in divisional play where they end up 4-2.

Right now, it's TB, period. One game at a time.
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:

Yup. We went from Turnovers killing us, to penalties killing us. Just gotta straighten s**t out! Anthony Davis should be doing up/downs till he s**ts himself today.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

Yup. We went from Turnovers killing us, to penalties killing us. Just gotta straighten s**t out! Anthony Davis should be doing up/downs till he s**ts himself today.

A lot of those calls were ticky-tack.
Originally posted by nickbradley:

the roughing the passer ones are f**king ridiculous!!!! Drives me nuts!
Originally posted by 49ersfaninohio:
In order for the 49ers to win the division, it is going to take a lot of hard work, less penalties, less turnovers on offense and more takeaways on defense, more creativity with the offense, and luck with the other teams losing inside and outside of the division.

Also, could someone please explain to me why our defense cannot stop anybody with less than 2 minutes on the clock? Every time we have a chance to win in regulation, the defense allows teams to march down the field on them with less than 2 minutes. Examples, Saints, Panthers, Falcons, and Rams. Am I missing anyone?

It's not going to be easy. We almost lost to the Rams at home. Like you said, we must decrease the penalties and keep it going with our limited turnovers during the past 4 weeks.

As for our defense: we stopped them in OT. Also, other teams' defenses haven't really stopped us either. We have stopped ourselves with INT's when we really need it.
Originally posted by nickbradley:

the roughing the passer ones are f**king ridiculous!!!! Drives me nuts!

that call was pathetic
Originally posted by Chief:
Just don't start counting the chickens yet, remember the easy win game last year against the Seahawks that was suppose to help our playoff hopes?

Perhaps you saw it as an "easy" win. I didn't. I saw it as a game where anything could happen with Alex at QB -- and "anything" happened.

Of course -- the late Gore fumble didn't help matters much either.

Honestly? I think we're out of the playoffs. Unless there's some sort of bloody miracle -- I think we're done. As much as I would like to see Troy Smith keep it going -- the doubter in me says otherwise.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by 49ersfaninohio:
In order for the 49ers to win the division, it is going to take a lot of hard work, less penalties, less turnovers on offense and more takeaways on defense, more creativity with the offense, and luck with the other teams losing inside and outside of the division.

Also, could someone please explain to me why our defense cannot stop anybody with less than 2 minutes on the clock? Every time we have a chance to win in regulation, the defense allows teams to march down the field on them with less than 2 minutes. Examples, Saints, Panthers, Falcons, and Rams. Am I missing anyone?

It's not going to be easy. We almost lost to the Rams at home. Like you said, we must decrease the penalties and keep it going with our limited turnovers during the past 4 weeks.

As for our defense: we stopped them in OT. Also, other teams' defenses haven't really stopped us either. We have stopped ourselves with INT's when we really need it.

Also, Tampa is terrible against the run and in applying pressure to the QB. Reminds of me of Denver but Tampa has a better pass defense. However, overall, our Defense and Offense is better for the season.

Now if you only include the past 4 weeks, I bet our defensive and offensive stats dominate Tampa Bay.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
the doubter in me says otherwise.

http://www.raiders.com

Just don't start counting the chickens yet, remember the easy win game last year against the Seahawks that was suppose to help our playoff hopes?

Perhaps you saw it as an "easy" win. I didn't. I saw it as a game where anything could happen with Alex at QB -- and "anything" happened.

Honestly? I think we're out of the playoffs. Unless there's some sort of bloody miracle -- I think we're done. As much as I would like to see Troy Smith keep it going -- the doubter in me says otherwise.

I wonder what our team stats are in the last 4 weeks where we are now 3-1? We are averaging 21 and allowing 17 but I wonder what our yardage stats are.
Originally posted by redrathman:

Say what you will sir -- at least I'm man enough to say "I'm wrong." And if I'm wrong -- I'll say it.

Do you keep that troll boat and your red cap in the Raiders forum too?

I wonder what our team stats are in the last 4 weeks where we are now 3-1? We are averaging 21 and allowing 17 but I wonder what our yardage stats are.

I don't think we would have scored five TD's had three not been called back due to penalty -- but we probably would have scored three or more had those crucial penalties not happened. If that's the case -- we would have won the game going away (no OT).

So FootballOutsiders compared actual performance to "weighted" performance -- weighted performance values recent games more than eariler ones. By that metric, we have improved slightly -- from -4.2% to -0.4% -- but still 17th in the NFL. Seattle has dropped off in a significant manner.
Originally posted by redrathman:

Say what you will sir -- at least I'm man enough to say "I'm wrong." And if I'm wrong -- I'll say it.

Do you keep that troll boat and your red cap in the Raiders forum too?

Dead wrong. Always.

Quote:
Here's something that does bother me just a tad.

The offensive game plan was FAXED to Troy Smith -- who is in Ohio -- according to the Matt Barrows report.

Question: What is Troy doing there?

Don't get me wrong now. He's probably got family back there. But -- for the first time -- he's been handed the keys to an NFL franchise. If he can lead this team out of the woods and into the playoffs -- then he's got a good shot of retaining his hold on the starting QB spot into next season.

Question? Why isn't he at 49er central WORKING HIS TAIL OFF? Not Tuesday or Wednesday but -- RIGHT NOW!

You don't often get a golden opportunity to play QB in this league. Very rarely does a starting opportunity come your way for a second time.

It seems -- to me -- that you would embrace that opportunity by staying AT THE WORKPLACE until the season is over.

Now -- all of you probably know how I feel about Alex Smith My feelings are fairly well documented.

But I don't like this development one bit. Alex is in Santa Clara and Troy is??????

Not?

Don't like it.

Troy plays better than any QB we have but the usual story of self destruction causes us to lose.

This
Share 49ersWebzone