LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 230 users in the forums

If T. Smith lights the world on fire

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by nevadalove9ers2:
I think if Troy Smith wins a bunch of games that would be enough for me to keep coach. Its seems like we have been looking for a qb forever. If by some miracle Troy Smith takes us to the playoffs then thats enough for me.

Good thing you make those kinds of decisions for the 49ers.
I think if Troy Smith wins a bunch of games that would be enough for me to keep coach. Its seems like we have been looking for a qb forever. If by some miracle Troy Smith takes us to the playoffs then thats enough for me.

Singletary is already in a lame duck session to me. At this point, if we win, I'll feel it's in spite of Sing.
Even if Troy Smith turns out to be the missing ingredient which sparks us into the playoffs, Singletary will still be fired (unless we make the NFC Championship game).

Yorks are inept, but will not be dumb enough to think that if we starting kicking ass it was solely because of Singletary (from this point going forward).
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:

Singletary is already in a lame duck session to me. At this point, if we win, I'll feel it's in spite of Sing.

Literally Superbowl or bust for Singletary.
I'm just taking it one game at a time and not expecting much from here on out. Troy or no Troy. I've had my heart crushed by this team too many times for me to get my hopes up...
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:

Literally Superbowl or bust for Singletary.

I agree, Unless somehow the 49ers pull of some magic out of their ass for the remainder of the season. Not only will the 49ers need to get to the playoffs but they will need to win the Superbowl or Singletary is done.
Short of winning the Superbowl I want this bone-head fired.

The only way we will continue to win games is if Sing stops being Sing (Like last year). However, as soon as he is off the hot seat, I would expect the same ugly moster to rear it's head.
[ Edited by brucesf49 on Nov 3, 2010 at 4:16 PM ]
Originally posted by D_Niner:

Not for me. That would mean that Sing had a winner sitting on the bench and did not allow that winner to compete for a starting position. Isn't the coach supposed to know the talent he has on his roster and encourage competition so that the best guy can play? Sing has more or less dug a hole that he won't be able to get out of.

seriously man. no way troy smith could have competed for the starting job that fast. he barely signed just before the season started. he would have had to sit and learn the playbook anyways. which means....coach knew Carr wasn't the answer and he was correct. and coach knew T Smith would have to learn the playbook. and you got to be honest, Nate Davis just isn't ready. Sounds to me like coach knew what he was doing as far as the qb's we got. now should we have signed a different qb in the offseason. yes. but look how mcnabb is turning out in wash. not so great huh. maybe it would have turned out different in sf..who knows. only other option is keep shaun hill. been there, done that.
what else? draft a qb? bradford gone by our picks and no other rookie looks as good as him so really all options lead to bust season unless troy smith becomes a star in front of our eyes.

speaking of T Smith. seen this vid on 49ers.com. He does show us a lot of qualities Alex does not.

http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/videos/London-Postgame-Locker-Room/8c733251-53d1-4b04-8d5a-3da7716329bc

sorry for the double post. the link was wrong and i was trying to fix it.
[ Edited by brucesf49 on Nov 3, 2010 at 4:15 PM ]
Originally posted by brucesf49:

Not for me. That would mean that Sing had a winner sitting on the bench and did not allow that winner to compete for a starting position. Isn't the coach supposed to know the talent he has on his roster and encourage competition so that the best guy can play? Sing has more or less dug a hole that he won't be able to get out of.

seriously man. no way troy smith could have competed for the starting job that fast. he barely signed just before the season started. he would have had to sit and learn the playbook anyways. which means....coach knew Carr wasn't the answer and he was correct. and coach knew T Smith would have to learn the playbook. and you got to be honest, Nate Davis just isn't ready. Sounds to me like coach knew what he was doing as far as the qb's we got. now should we have signed a different qb in the offseason. yes. but look how mcnabb is turning out in wash. not so great huh. maybe it would have turned out different in sf..who knows. only other option is keep shaun hill. been there, done that.
what else? draft a qb? bradford gone by our picks and no other rookie looks as good as him so really all options lead to bust season unless troy smith becomes a star in front of our eyes.

speaking of T Smith. seen this vid on 49ers.com. He does show us a lot of qualities Alex does not.

http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/videos/London-Postgame-Locker-Room/8c733251-53d1-4b04-8d5a-3da7716329bc

I dont think I have ever seen the team that excited about an alex smith performance.

I dont think I have ever seen the team that excited about an alex smith performance.

Gets the game ball and gives 100% credit to the OL. "Believe that!" LOL! Gore hollering out at the OL comment.
1 win and were in the playoffs again LMFAO!

null

Its not an issue of when Troy could or could not compete though. It's all about Troy not being allowed to compete that bothers me; especially when the coach emphasizes competition. It's not just with the QB either; that's just the latest of many positions I've seen this with. Look at TKO @ ILB or 2 rookies + Chilo on our O-Line or even Dixon over Gore when we're trying to run out the clock for a win. Sure a players got to get game time to improve; but, when it comes to critical moments in the game we need the most talented not the more up-side guy in there. That's why I feel the way I do.

BTW Nice vid...
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by susweel:
Lets not get ahead of ourselves.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Even if Troy Smith turns out to be the missing ingredient which sparks us into the playoffs, Singletary will still be fired (unless we make the NFC Championship game).

Yorks are inept, but will not be dumb enough to think that if we starting kicking ass it was solely because of Singletary (from this point going forward).

IF Troy Smith takes this team to the playoffs, 80% of us are eating crow.
Think about this; Singletary is the one who wanted Troy Smith. It is obvious he did not want Carr. He had to give Alex Smith a try after how he finished last season. But if HIS man, Troy Smith, can pull out the miracle turnaround, not only will he not be fired, but he might earn NFL coach of the year.
Share 49ersWebzone