LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 255 users in the forums

If T. Smith lights the world on fire

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I think if Troy Smith wins a bunch of games that would be enough for me to keep coach. Its seems like we have been looking for a qb forever. If by some miracle Troy Smith takes us to the playoffs then thats enough for me.
Originally posted by nevadalove9ers2:
I think if Troy Smith wins a bunch of games that would be enough for me to keep coach. Its seems like we have been looking for a qb forever. If by some miracle Troy Smith takes us to the playoffs then thats enough for me.

If he does that, let's just keep everyone BUT Singletary!!!!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Lets not get ahead of ourselves.

Not for me. That would mean that Sing had a winner sitting on the bench and did not allow that winner to compete for a starting position. Isn't the coach supposed to know the talent he has on his roster and encourage competition so that the best guy can play? Sing has more or less dug a hole that he won't be able to get out of.
Leave the coach....take the QB.

its not gonna happen..we aren't that lucky
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
its not gonna happen..we aren't that lucky

What do you mean?

we're 1 for 1 so far
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Nov 3, 2010 at 2:55 PM ]
i'll call 911 to put out the fire
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Stoney will attempt to smoke it.
T.Smith playing well only prolongs Sing certain firing

Then we all die...
Seems like the number 1 job of a coach in todays NFL is to find a winner at qb. Thats really the only thing I resent Sing for not doing it to this point. If he did finally find us a qb I say we keep him. Ericson, Nolan these tools could not do it. With the ownership we have whats the odds we get a great coach? Judging our recent history its very unlikely.
Singletary says the reason he won't play Alex Smith---He Fears the Beard!
Originally posted by susweel:
Lets not get ahead of ourselves.

We will probably make Mike Johnson the HC because we don't want to lose him as an OC by acquiring a new HC.

Personally,

We don't take ANYTHING from this season, even if we make the playoffs (unless we win the superbowl) and hire a legitimate head coach to let him decide how to use the players.

The good thing is that if we make the playoffs, the new head coach won't feel compelled to overhaul the personnel.
Share 49ersWebzone