LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 230 users in the forums

Are the 49ers finally headed in the right direction?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I think even if T. Smith pans out, just not yet. I think if we start to win a few games, it will be a bandaid, but we cant be headed into the right direction until we make the moves in coaching/and or upper management that needs to be made.
Absolutely, positevily, undoubtly NOT.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by area49:
By "right direction", do you mean Los Angeles? If so, yes.

Ed Roski...

Dude, have you SEEN that stadium? And you KNOW Ed will spend the money to bring in a good GM and HC. He could bring this team its sixth ring.

Now THAT's the right direction.
no just no
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by rEspEctdA49ers:
Ive been reading articles on the main page of the webzone and it seems that we just might have a chance at turning things around.
Not just because of Troy Smith, but because the whole team seems to have a revived feeling about the season.

Troy Smith did well and we expect more of that.

Frank is contributing day in and day out.

Crabtree is stepping it up big time.

Our o-line still needs some work, but with Troys mobility, we might not have to worry too much.

Manny is stepping it up, using his speed to his advantage.

Patrick Willis eating people alive as usual.

Coach is always optimistic about everything... (Team makes game winning FG) *Singletary claps*

Our CB's need some work as well, but our overall defense, when they play well, we win games because after all...

"Defense Wins Games".

Not sure that "Crabtree is stepping it up big time." He played better last season IMO. New coach, new QB, and we'll be rollin' with.......er.......we'll be groovin' with Gruden... and kicking the NFC West's ass (though I think the Rams will be a thorn in our side for 10+ years now that they have a real qb).

Hangin' with Harbough?
is this thread from last year?
No
Originally posted by HessianDud:
[ Edited by Thorhawk on Nov 3, 2010 at 1:02 PM ]
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
Originally posted by HessianDud:

As compared to the first couple of games this year, I'd say Yes; but, as far as where we should be, based off of last year, No...

Originally posted by Jersey9er:
I think even if T. Smith pans out, just not yet. I think if we start to win a few games, it will be a bandaid, but we cant be headed into the right direction until we make the moves in coaching/and or upper management that needs to be made.

As a fan since the glory days... '80's-- i can't say that we're even close yet. The above moves are big ones and necessary but won't happen this year, unfortunately.
Not until the Niners are doing what the Giants are doing downtown today.
Originally posted by ninersush:
NO. we need to fire sing at end of season and draft an actual franchise QB and hire a real coaching staff. then we might be....
As long as Singletary is the HC, the answer is no.
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
As long as Singletary is the HC, the answer is no.

this.

Improved QB play hopefully, same coaching woes.
Share 49ersWebzone