LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 227 users in the forums

Are the 49ers finally headed in the right direction?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Ive been reading articles on the main page of the webzone and it seems that we just might have a chance at turning things around.
Not just because of Troy Smith, but because the whole team seems to have a revived feeling about the season.

Troy Smith did well and we expect more of that.

Frank is contributing day in and day out.

Crabtree is stepping it up big time.

Our o-line still needs some work, but with Troys mobility, we might not have to worry too much.

Manny is stepping it up, using his speed to his advantage.

Patrick Willis eating people alive as usual.

Coach is always optimistic about everything... (Team makes game winning FG) *Singletary claps*

Our CB's need some work as well, but our overall defense, when they play well, we win games because after all...

"Defense Wins Games".
[ Edited by rEspEctdA49ers on Nov 3, 2010 at 12:08 PM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
After Sing is gone and hopefully Gruden is HC then it will be headed in the right direction.
The Line can definetly get the confidence up if they know that if they can hold up there guy for another second or two that the QB can make a play
NO. we need to fire sing at end of season and draft an actual franchise QB and hire a real coaching staff. then we might be....
Originally posted by susweel:
After Sing is gone and hopefully Gruden is HC then it will be headed in the right direction.

No not Gruden.... TIme to move forward, someone new and energic......
No. Just false hope.

Need:

~ New owner.
~ New HC
~ New OC.
~ Better QB.
~ New secondary.
~ Consistent pass rush.
~ New RG.
~ Better RT play.
~ Speed at WR finally for the first time in almost a decade.

Then we are headed in the right direction.

• Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by rEspEctdA49ers:
Ive been reading articles on the main page of the webzone and it seems that we just might have a chance at turning things around.
Not just because of Troy Smith, but because the whole team seems to have a revived feeling about the season.

Troy Smith did well and we expect more of that.

Frank is contributing day in and day out.

Crabtree is stepping it up big time.

Our o-line still needs some work, but with Troys mobility, we might not have to worry too much.

Manny is stepping it up, using his speed to his advantage.

Patrick Willis eating people alive as usual.

Coach is always optimistic about everything... (Team makes game winning FG) *Singletary claps*

Our CB's need some work as well, but our overall defense, when they play well, we win games because after all...

"Defense Wins Games".

Not sure that "Crabtree is stepping it up big time." He played better last season IMO. New coach, new QB, and we'll be rollin' with.......er.......we'll be groovin' with Gruden... and kicking the NFC West's ass (though I think the Rams will be a thorn in our side for 10+ years now that they have a real qb).
potential new head coach + potential work stoppage = no time in off season to install new system
Uh, no. We're starting our 3rd string QB, and we've only just beat one of the worst teams in the league. A win is a good thing, but we're far from going in the right direction.
Well, I think we have been heading vaguely in the right direction for some time, excluding the drop off between this season and the last. But one game is not sufficient to draw too many conclusions.

We do however need a new defensive backfield, pass rush and some decent play calling.

No - you're grasping at straws. I know how you feel but we need to take some drastic steps.
First - Fire Sing

2nd Find a WCO coach

3rd Draft a Franchise QB

4th Get a top CB
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
No. Just false hope.

Need:

~ New owner.
~ New HC
~ New OC.
~ Better QB.
~ New secondary.
~ Consistent pass rush.
~ New RG.
~ Better RT play.
~ Speed at WR finally for the first time in almost a decade.

Then we are headed in the right direction.

By "right direction", do you mean Los Angeles? If so, yes.
Originally posted by area49:
By "right direction", do you mean Los Angeles? If so, yes.

Ed Roski...
I do think our defense has the core to be special; next year, IF we can keep manny and get a shutdown corner. This year it has the potential to be better than what the first half has shown us with improved physical play from our corners, because they're not shutdown cover guys.

So headed in the right direction (on defense) will be evident with our coach scheming our strengths to help our corners-and that is bringing the house on blitzes. First!

And second, locking up the player(s) who make our defense above average. Manny, a top cover corner in the draft, Laboy, and possibly T. Gibson becoming a steal and replace Haralson at Lb.

Clements should be kept. This offseason, I was Goldson's main backer, but he wont be missed even if we replace him with ONLY R. Smith. I didn't think think his play would drop off like he is having.

RJF is awesome and I think he ll get dominant on nickel downs too with Smith and Mcdonald along side him.

MCDONALD NEEDS TO BE RESIGNED YESTERDAY
Share 49ersWebzone