There are 188 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Sense of optimism in the locker room?

Do you guys think the players feel rejuvenated with the play of Troy Smith? He is a young player who seems to have a sense of confidence while on the field (and he can actually hit the open receiver). I believe that the team will get behind Troy and carry this energy into the future. I'm not talking about playoffs (Jim Mora voice), but I think that players like Crabtree, Vernon, Delanie, Frank and even the defense are all very happy about the play of Troy Smith. Thoughts?
Let's see, the Rams are a pretty good team, but they haven't won on the road. Unfortunately, Sam Bradford is going to be the best QB in the division for the foreseeable future. Considering how bad they were last year, its surprising how much confidence and comfortability he demonstrates.

Hopefully the winless-on-the-road trend continues for us and we rally behind Troy Smith.

Optimism yes, doubt more
Well for sure Delaine like the guy already. And the celebration between Crabtree and Troy Smith after the TD was exciting.

But guys like Vernon and Gore are big Alex Smith supporters. I wonder how their perspective is now.

I know the OL likes Troy's ability to move around back there, it covers there a$$es more times than none.
Originally posted by FourNine49:
Well for sure Delaine like the guy already. And the celebration between Crabtree and Troy Smith after the TD was exciting.

But guys like Vernon and Gore are big Alex Smith supporters. I wonder how their perspective is now.

I know the OL likes Troy's ability to move around back there, it covers there a$$es more times than none.

Agree
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Let's see, the Rams are a pretty good team, but they haven't won on the road. Unfortunately, Sam Bradford is going to be the best QB in the division for the foreseeable future. Considering how bad they were last year, its surprising how much confidence and comfortability he demonstrates.

Hopefully the winless-on-the-road trend continues for us and we rally behind Troy Smith.

Optimism yes, doubt more

Yeah, I'm a bit scared of the Rams, we've tormented them for years (even after being a s**tty team ourselves) for almost half a decade, they're gonna want to make an impression.
Originally posted by FourNine49:

That's a fair point, but there's nothing more convincing than winning. If Troy can keep banking W's in the win column they'll soon forget about Alex. But, at the moment, that's a big "if."
We'll see.
  • dj43
  • Veteran
Anytime you win it is a positive, however, let's not forget; this was DENVER. The Broncos are a mess defensively and in the locker room. McDaniel chased away not only Mike Nolan, who had done a very good job with their defense, but also Brandon Marshall and a couple others that he personally didn't like. In Denver they are talking about McDaniel like we talk about Singletary. Lots of dissension there.

The big test will come after the bye. This was a nice win but we should be guarded in our enthusiasm.
This is a question for the players not the fans. I am sure they are happy with the win, but did TS do something to blow us away?, I think not.
Troy isn't the future y'all I still think we need to tank the season if not and we finish 7-9 or 8-8 or some gay s**t like that the dumb ass yorks will believe dingleberry should have another year which will have them feeding us false hope.AGAIN
There was an interesting quote from a player after the game to the effect that "Troy believes in his receivers, his offensive line, and his running backs...."

That definitely sounded like some players were starting to rally behind him. But more interestingly, it sounded more like an indictment of others that haven't beleived in the players -- which could be pointing a finger at Alex Smith, Sing, or even Johnson.
optimistism yes...but still have the worst coaching and management in all pro sports, not only football.....so it wont matter anyway....it will be doom and gloom after the next loss in 2 weeks.
Originally posted by dj43:
Anytime you win it is a positive, however, let's not forget; this was DENVER. The Broncos are a mess defensively and in the locker room. McDaniel chased away not only Mike Nolan, who had done a very good job with their defense, but also Brandon Marshall and a couple others that he personally didn't like. In Denver they are talking about McDaniel like we talk about Singletary. Lots of dissension there.

The big test will come after the bye. This was a nice win but we should be guarded in our enthusiasm.

True, but we couldn't even beat winless Carolina a week ago. I don't think we as fans can really appreciate how good this win feels to the players...espcially how they found ways to win, as opposed to inventing new ways to lose winnable games.
Of course there will be optimism, just because we haven't racked a win in so long this is what they will believe to be the turning point of the season.

Everyone who is optimistic believes that putting in Troy Smith had something to do with this win and will help turn around the season.

Anyway...

(Old mans voice) HOW BOUT THEM GIANTS!!!!!!!
There is now a sense of optimism in me!
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home