There are 69 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Post Game Analysis (vs. Denver Broncos)

I HATE SINGLETARY SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH
For once the defense held a lead and our team prevailed!

The defense was lights out in the first half, giving up zip.

Created a crucial turnover, which gave us the ball in a position to score quick and put the game away.

Held one of the better passing teams in check.

Only bad part was our DC playing the prevent during the last 2 drives.

52 was great once again.

Mays made rookie mistakes but will learn and had a decent overall game.

What say you?
They gave up 400 yards off offense.
I swear in the broncos game on 3rd down (on the goaline) norris got blown up, and on 3rd down #2 we scored.

Was I seeing things? or did this happen?
The play calling sucks and Singletary really needs to go! It seemed as thought Singletary thought the 3 points was enough to win the game and once again attempted to run out the clock with more than a half of football left. He has no killer instincts and will always allow for the other team to hand around long enough to win the game during the last second. There should never have been a chance for the Broncos to come back. I am pretty sure Singletary is still influencing the play calling. If I recall at one point on a span of 3 different drives we ran the ball 9 times in a row.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
I swear in the broncos game on 3rd down (on the goaline) norris got blown up, and on 3rd down #2 we scored.

Was I seeing things? or did this happen?

Check out pages 7 and 8 of this thread for an explanation of what happened. In short, CBS' production crew botched the down counter.
Did our oL get better in pass protection?
Originally posted by Joecool:

I don't think so. The usual free man hunting our quarterback down. Same ol' s**t
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

You didn't see the game?
Originally posted by TexasNiner84:

I don't think so. The usual free man hunting our quarterback down. Same ol' s**t

So, the QB made better plays?
Originally posted by TexasNiner84:

So, the QB made better plays?

I would say so. Troy definitely showed he can scramble around when needed (better than any quarterback on our roster). But he showed poise in the pocket as well. Hopefully he can keep it up
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Wodwo:

You didn't see the game?

Hello, Everyone. I am a first time poster, but have been a Niner fan all my life.

Like everyone else, I have hated the fact that Manusky uses a prevent at the end of games. Didn't rewatch the game, but I believe he finally dialed up a blitz on our last defensive play of the game that netted an INT by Spencer. Maybe it was a timely call or a time when Manusky finally tried to do something other than prevent, but that's what I want to see more of here on out.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
oh yeah, and the broncos Oline was holding all game, and the refs called it maybe once.

I yelled "holding" at the television the whole game. Olson has web feet, so there is no other way he was able to avoid our defense without holding. The ref'made a boat load of bad calls yesterday.
Originally posted by cypherninja:
Hello, Everyone. I am a first time poster, but have been a Niner fan all my life.

Like everyone else, I have hated the fact that Manusky uses a prevent at the end of games. Didn't rewatch the game, but I believe he finally dialed up a blitz on our last defensive play of the game that netted an INT by Spencer. Maybe it was a timely call or a time when Manusky finally tried to do something other than prevent, but that's what I want to see more of here on out.

welcome cypherninja! can you bust a freestyle flow!?!