LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 213 users in the forums

Post Game Analysis (vs. Denver Broncos)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SolRebe1:
Has anyone discussed those roughing the passer calls. It seems Orton helmet fell in to the hands of the rushers.

2 sacks negated

Yeahup. Both those were Sacks that were negated by the stupidity of the Refs.

Also that sideline completion where the Receiver was knocked out of bounds before he could get his second foot down.

We had one where Tree GOT both his feet down this season and they called it an incompletion. In the EXACT same scenario.

I'm tellin ya, someone has got some money against us this season and it's probably Mike Perriera. That fool will snoggle the Officials and show how what we "didn't" see made their call the right one. Which is a rare thing in itself.

The Government got involved with Steroids in Baseball? They SHOULD have got involved with the blatant miscalls of the NFL. That's what needs to be cleaned up. But they won't cause the NFL is bigger than Baseball.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by 8to80:
Originally posted by SolRebe1:
Has anyone discussed those roughing the passer calls. It seems Orton helmet fell in to the hands of the rushers.

2 sacks negated

Orton surprised them by going down prematurely like a Nancy, instead of standing up and taking the tackle like a man. So when they were trying to grab his waist, they ended up grabbing his helmet.

Screw drafting the QB with the most talent; we need to draft the most Nancy QB with the biggest head.

Jack's kid is a Junior now.Wonder if he could get us free grub after games too.

~Ceadder
I keep replaying it & with 4:15 to go Norris was handed the ball. If time out was called there the clock should not have been stopped at 3:53 to go. Plus there is no reaction by anyone that a timeout is called until 3:53 when the whistles blow & the ref says "Timeout Broncos". The game goes to commercial & when they come back the niners are set up to run 3rd down?? Mistake made by someone somewhere.
[ Edited by JoeCool031619 on Oct 31, 2010 at 3:18 PM ]
The playcalling was exactly right considering the circumstances. The defense we were playing, our QB situation, and how well (poorly) our O-line has played in pass protection up to this point. I'm 100% certain that if Johnson called the plays as if Alex Smith was still in there it would have resulted in more mistakes, probable turnover(s), and possibly a different outcome in the game.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
oh yeah, and the broncos Oline was holding all game, and the refs called it maybe once.

Only on their Punt unit. Their RT had our LE in a freakin head lock on most every passing down. WTF is the Backfield Judge's Job again?

I was when Manny lowered the boom on Orton with the cleanest form tackle I seen in a long time. Looked better than when Spencer leveled Kitna.

~Ceadder

That one long pass to the one yard line to Lloyd and Justin Smith was held from the line of scrimmage all the way to the QB, who somehow managed to have just enough time to get it off.

That really pissed me off. The miss holding all the time, but that was blatant, obvious, and was going on for a long time (seconds).
Clipping call changed the game. If its a no call, we probably lose.

Originally posted by Gavintech:
That really pissed me off. The miss holding all the time, but that was blatant, obvious, and was going on for a long time (seconds).

You're not alone. It looked like the Boston Strangler was back in business on that play.
[ Edited by BubbaParisMVP on Oct 31, 2010 at 3:35 PM ]
I got frustrated watching refs not call the Broncos' O-linemen holding all game long. Those bogus "blow to the head" calls against Lawson and Brooks (J. Smith was called for the penalty, but was no where near) had me spittin' mad, too. Overall, I'm glad we won, but we still have a lot of work to do.

Dan
49ers Fan in NC
A few of us in the GameDay thread noticed it. But nobody could really figure out any explanation. Strange.
null post
[ Edited by BubbaParisMVP on Oct 31, 2010 at 3:35 PM ]

heres the play by play for the drive

They called a time out
That was odd. I was b***hing about why give it to Norris on 3rd and goal what a waste. Something wasn't right about that series.
Yea I think we got an extra down as well.
Originally posted by SacRock14:
A few of us in the GameDay thread noticed it. But nobody could really figure out any explanation. Strange.

I was going to say I saw the Norris run and thought it said 3rd and goal and went to b***h to my brother about how stupid the play call was when you should have boot legged and used Troy's legs. Then I came back and seen it and said what the heck it says 3rd and goal and seen Gore score. We probably wouldn't have went for it if they had known it was 4th down. If it was a timeout called before the Norris run I had no idea or no indication that it was.

As for the penalties:
Things evened out because I think the Broncos ended up getting a TD on a 3rd down (I think it was 3rd down) where Lawson had blow to the head which was ridiculous. Also, on the last drive I think another one was called that was B.S. but luckily the Spencer picked stopped the drive. They had a TD called back because of the block on LaBoy. It was ticky tacky because I don't think Moreno tried to go low and if he did it was unfortunate that the OL touched LaBoy as Moreno blocked him.

The KR TD was a block in the back and Brooks probably makes the tackle if he doesn't get hit in the back. So basically the two blows to the head vs the LaBoy block. Of the 3 they got 7 points and we got 7 points back because of the TD called back. So I guess it evened out.
Originally posted by CrAnKD4TCRabTree:
heres the play by play for the drive

They called a time out

Could have been that the CBS scoreboard said 3rd and goal on the Norris run and meant 2nd and goal.
Share 49ersWebzone