LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 419 users in the forums

Post Game Analysis (vs. Denver Broncos)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by bush1680:
Originally posted by 49ersEastCoast:
Originally posted by SolRebe1:
Has anyone discussed those roughing the passer calls. It seems Orton helmet fell in to the hands of the rushers.

2 sacks negated

What a joke the officiating rules are becoming. Flag football soon.

Was sayin this during the game... getting mighty rediculous!

So true, those were some of the most stupidest penalties I've ever witnessed. Orton ducks so his head hits the oncoming rusher's body and it's flagged as a penalty.

-9fA
Truly the strangest sequence of downs in the history of the NFL.
Sing's stupid idea of running out the clock with a 3:0 lead and 3 1/2 Quarters to play allmost costed us dearly.
I honestly belive that if the flea-flicker TD throw did not came back the Broncos would have dismantled us.

A lot of people talk trash about Johnosn's playcalling, he just does what Sing wants.
Sing porobaly aks for a run play and Johnson has to follow, sometimes Sing maybe forgets that and Johnson calls something nice.
Originally posted by saj4423:
That was odd. I was b***hing about why give it to Norris on 3rd and goal what a waste. Something wasn't right about that series.

I was doing the same s**t I swear the niners got a extra play. That run to Norris was the 3rd run.
Originally posted by JoeCool031619:
Originally posted by gravelburn:
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by CrAnKD4TCRabTree:
heres the play by play for the drive

They called a time out

Could have been that the CBS scoreboard said 3rd and goal on the Norris run and meant 2nd and goal.

What the play-by-play says is that on the second play listed, Gore didn't get the 1st down, making it 3rd and 1 at the 9. On TV, they said he got the 1st down and listed the following downs in succession. But if it was 3rd and 1 and not 1st and goal, then that explains the extra down, though I'm going to rewatch to see what the field downmarker says after Gore's run to the 9 (which I thought was to the 8).

I just watched that down and you're right, the field markers do say 3rd down. Well that explains that. Lazy commentators to focused on making sure the world knows Sing hates Alex Smith too notice which down it is.
On the play where it says 1st and goal on the TV it was actually 3rd and 1. After the play you can hear the stadium announcer say 1st and goal. I had to re watch the sequence a few times to figure out what the hell was going on.
I am glad I am not the only one who noticed that we got and extra third down. In between watching the game and giving out halloween candy to the kiddies I thought I missed something.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Crown:
Ok, So I thought I noticed something fishy about this series of downs when I was watching the game but I just remembered to watch this series again and noticed something odd. With 6:16 to go in the 4th Gore runs for a 1st down at the 8 yd line making it 1st & goal. the 1st play was a Gore run to the 5yd line making it 2 & goal. On 2nd down Gore runs it to the 2 yd line making it 3rd & goal. On 3rd down Norris gets stuffed making it 4th down...Right? With 3:53 to go Denver calls a timeout. When the game returns the field markers & commentators both say 3rd down. Gore then runs in to the end zone on the next play making it a none issue but did I miss something? Even if Sing did go for it on 4th & goal instead of taking the 3 while up by 7 with less than 4 min to go don't you think the guys in the booth & the rest of the media would be questioning this decision. Especially after getting stopped on 3 runs in a row? If I missed something please let me know.

i was thinking the same thing. I saw it too.

however i assumed that i missed a penalty or something that started a redo of 3rd down.

no chance the Broncos staff would have let the refs off the hook for this.

we clearly missed something

ok, it's not just me then. I thought we got two 3rd downs as well.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by saj4423:
That was odd. I was b***hing about why give it to Norris on 3rd and goal what a waste. Something wasn't right about that series.

I was doing the same s**t I swear the niners got a extra play. That run to Norris was the 3rd run.
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Maybe open it up for Troy Smith? Notice when given the chances to make plays he did. Both with his arm and feet. FREE TROY SMITH!!

Agree, with two weeks we should be able to open up the offense for sure.
Go Niners!!!

Singletary is brilliant.

Troy Smith is doing what Singletary is asking him to do. Simple.

Alex Smith had to be ragged on to perform. You saw it, when Singletary balled him out, he would play better. Otherwise Alex was flat.

Troy Smith is brilliant, too.

Go Niners!!!!

• hb123
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by Crown:
Ok, So I thought I noticed something fishy about this series of downs when I was watching the game but I just remembered to watch this series again and noticed something odd. With 6:16 to go in the 4th Gore runs for a 1st down at the 8 yd line making it 1st & goal. the 1st play was a Gore run to the 5yd line making it 2 & goal. On 2nd down Gore runs it to the 2 yd line making it 3rd & goal. On 3rd down Norris gets stuffed making it 4th down...Right? With 3:53 to go Denver calls a timeout. When the game returns the field markers & commentators both say 3rd down. Gore then runs in to the end zone on the next play making it a none issue but did I miss something? Even if Sing did go for it on 4th & goal instead of taking the 3 while up by 7 with less than 4 min to go don't you think the guys in the booth & the rest of the media would be questioning this decision. Especially after getting stopped on 3 runs in a row? If I missed something please let me know.

i was thinking the same thing. I saw it too.

however i assumed that i missed a penalty or something that started a redo of 3rd down.

no chance the Broncos staff would have let the refs off the hook for this.

we clearly missed something

ok, it's not just me then. I thought we got two 3rd downs as well.

i thought they went on it on 4th down.. i was trippin thinkin like sing had balls on a 4th n goal from like 4 yards away.. trippin out man trippin out
Correct me if I am wrong, but did the 49ers just play thier first game of the season without a single turnover? I believe they did and that's probably the reason why we won this game.
Originally posted by NJNiner:
Correct me if I am wrong, but did the 49ers just play thier first game of the season without a single turnover? I believe they did and that's probably the reason why we won this game.

I don't think we turned it over last week.

I believe Oakland was our first game and CAR would have been the 2nd but Carr wrecked that for us.
Originally posted by redmanc07:

I believe Oakland was our first game and CAR would have been the 2nd but Carr wrecked that for us.

Cut Carr!
Share 49ersWebzone