There are 201 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Grade Troy Smith's Performance

Grade Troy Smith's Performance

Originally posted by blunt_probe:
A

One week of practice, and he has the best QB performance of the year. Definitely cannot ask more than that.

True dat. I agree boi got up to speed in a week. NO PICKS maybe one roll out and throw away, yes he did have a stupid throw with a lucky catch BUT great players are made with risks like that one.

I like how he played with nothing to lose but everything to gain which is, hopefully, a starter position.
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by ttime1:
No way you can give this guy a solid B. C'mon what game were you guys watching? If this was 9ers Saints we'da gotten our asses kicked in.

This is 9ers Broncos. A team that has ZERO Pass Rush and has Bad Run Defense. You make the kind of mistakes that T.Smith was making today and this is yet another Loss.

I'm happy that we got the W and I'll take it gratefully but I'm not gonna give the kid a B. He doesn't deserve it and you know it. Your letting your emotions affect your grade.

~Ceadder

But you have been give Alex and A+ all season. Your credibility is hsot my friend..LOL!

When? I never graded ANY game by Alex and if I did it sure as hell wouldn't be an A+. You're talking out your ass.

~Ceadder

It's (just) out of basic logic/jest that we all know you love Alex Smith (all due respect). -Joe Montana's (genetically 'lab-producted') younger clone could be out there throwing 10 TDs, and you'd still give him an F as long as Alex were still on the roster.

*waits for dorky/mandatory Ceadermann comeback involving a 'homo' joke*

Solid B-
  • NickV
  • Veteran
He would have had a A+ had the coaching staff not tied him down in the first half.

Dude has wicked fast release The throw up to Walker was 110% luck and could have f**ked us over. But we needed a break, dammit lol

Solid B.
No way you can give this guy a solid B. C'mon what game were you guys watching? If this was 9ers Saints we'da gotten our asses kicked in.

This is 9ers Broncos. A team that has ZERO Pass Rush and has Bad Run Defense. You make the kind of mistakes that T.Smith was making today and this is yet another Loss.

I'm happy that we got the W and I'll take it gratefully but I'm not gonna give the kid a B. He doesn't deserve it and you know it. Your letting your emotions affect your grade.

~Ceadder

But you have been give Alex and A+ all season. Your credibility is hsot my friend..LOL!

When? I never graded ANY game by Alex and if I did it sure as hell wouldn't be an A+. You're talking out your ass.

~Ceadder

Simply putting the magnifying mirror on your assessment and obvious bias! Get real. You have been exagerating Alex's performance all year. Now, Troy is lucky and playing against a weak NFL team. He made plays. His pass to Walker was ON THE MONEY. CAUGHT HIM IN STRIDE AND THERE WAS NO JUMP BALL. HIS PASS TO CRABTREE WAS THERE. He recognized the one on one coverage and took advantage of it. Troy made plays despite only getting maybe 1% of the total first string snaps compared to Alex over the past two years. I'm not saying that he played perfect, but compared to what this team has produced over the past six years, Troy is a breath of fresh air!
[ Edited by ttime1 on Oct 31, 2010 at 1:50 PM ]

~Ceadder

~Ceadder

What about the game against the Saints?
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:

~Ceadder

~Ceadder

C+ and Troy was about a C in this one.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

~Ceadder

~Ceadder

It's (just) out of basic logic/jest that we all know you love Alex Smith (all due respect). -Joe Montana's (genetically 'lab-producted') younger clone could be out there throwing 10 TDs, and you'd still give him an F as long as Alex were still on the roster.

*waits for dorky/mandatory Ceadermann comeback involving a 'homo' joke*

You didn't even need to go there.

And why shouldn't I be offended when people make stupid innuendoes?

I like Smith yes, but I've said he's on a short leash. Well after today that leash got shorter, regardless of the luck involved in todays win. If #11 can't get it done at least we won't have to draft another QB.

I've never said one way or the other about Smith being our future, so I really wish you would stop implying that I have some stake in this other than seeing our team be successful.

All things being equal, you can say whatever you want about "leadership" but this was a MUST win game against a weak Defensive Opponent. As much as Troy Smith got results the surrounding cast had to put up or shut up.

So no, I do not grade others out of loyalty for #11.

In fact Troy Smith >>>> Shaun Hill. I even stated that David Carr lost his rank on the depth chart. So if you think I play favoritism well that's your mistaken belief. I just want the best guy.

We got the same thing that we've gotten through most of the season from QB1. If you're any kind of Football fan you see this.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by Peanut49:
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:

~Ceadder

~Ceadder

C+ and Troy was about a C in this one.

Thank you. If I were to grade(or if I did grade it) it would've had to be a C+.

I'm starting to think this is a 2nd half team.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
A

One week of practice, and he has the best QB performance of the year. Definitely cannot ask more than that.

Damn Skippy. Dude has been sitting gathering rust for most of the season. He hasn't been getting any reps.

Then -- with one week of practice -- Troy Boy steps up and makes plays with his arm and legs.

Can't believe you haters who graded him out a B performance.

This was Grade A Beef all the way through.
the play calling was horrible. Loved that 3rd n 7 play up the middle to Gore. hahaha Smith played nice though
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Everyone knows how much I admire Troy Smith (I stated in the pregame that I thought he would play well), but let's get real here. He made about 4-5 very good throws today, got a lot of good luck (Walker play, blown coverage on Crabtree), but made some erratic throws as well. He's a work in progress.

This is still Alex Smith's team, and he still is the better QB of the two. He just needs to ignore Singletary and just play the game. I'm hoping the time off will help him psychologically become a better QB.

I think people tend to forget that he was playing pretty well against the Panthers before he went down, and Troy was playing against a team that just gave up 549 points seven days ago.

I have nothing to add. Good post.
Originally posted by Ajanke:
B

He should not of thrown that pass to Delanie and the first throw he made was a bad read.

Other than he did fine but the play calling was atrocious. I hope sing is fired soon. I will be livid if we keep him another year.

I think he was throwing it to Ginn wide open in the Zone, but it fell short to Walker.
No Mistakes..made plays when we needed him to.. I say B-. I want to see more of him with better play calling and it could get interesting.
A solid B considering he barely knows the offense and VD was barely in the game.