LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 297 users in the forums

Grade Troy Smith's Performance

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Grade Troy Smith's Performance

Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
I thought he looked good, especially after just one week of first team reps.

But I didn't think he looked like someone that will beat good teams. He just a looked a little too erratic and inaccurate.

I don't want to tear the guy down because he made some great plays and got us a win. But that was a pretty bad team we went up against, and we punted a lot.

While I agree somewhat with your assessment, I bolded the part I disagree with. Yes, it was a bad team and yes we punted a lot but running the ball up the middle 85 times and doing 4 3rd down draws contributed 100% to this. I blame the play-calling solely on how terrible we were on third down.

I mean, they're afraid to let him throw the ball? And when we get the lead, it is truly a pathetic offense we run. I don't get why we don't play to win. We just play to not lose.

sums up all my frustration, and IMO the reason we suck. Sing wants winners but all his focus is on losing (or trying not to)
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
No way you can give this guy a solid B. C'mon what game were you guys watching? If this was 9ers Saints we'da gotten our asses kicked in.

This is 9ers Broncos. A team that has ZERO Pass Rush and has Bad Run Defense. You make the kind of mistakes that T.Smith was making today and this is yet another Loss.

I'm happy that we got the W and I'll take it gratefully but I'm not gonna give the kid a B. He doesn't deserve it and you know it. Your letting your emotions affect your grade.

~Ceadder

Classic Ceadderman post.
No way you can give this guy a solid B. C'mon what game were you guys watching? If this was 9ers Saints we'da gotten our asses kicked in.

This is 9ers Broncos. A team that has ZERO Pass Rush and has Bad Run Defense. You make the kind of mistakes that T.Smith was making today and this is yet another Loss.

I'm happy that we got the W and I'll take it gratefully but I'm not gonna give the kid a B. He doesn't deserve it and you know it. Your letting your emotions affect your grade.

~Ceadder

You'd give Alex Smith an A for this very same performance, admit it.

~Ceadder

But you have been give Alex and A+ all season. Your credibility is lost my friend..LOL!
[ Edited by ttime1 on Oct 31, 2010 at 2:00 PM ]
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Everyone knows how much I admire Troy Smith (I stated in the pregame that I thought he would play well), but let's get real here. He made about 4-5 very good throws today, got a lot of good luck (Walker play, blown coverage on Crabtree), but made some erratic throws as well. He's a work in progress.

This is still Alex Smith's team, and he still is the better QB of the two. He just needs to ignore Singletary and just play the game. I'm hoping the time off will help him psychologically become a better QB.

I think people tend to forget that he was playing pretty well against the Panthers before he went down, and Troy was playing against a team that just gave up 549 points seven days ago.

I know that had to hurt to say, and I appreciate the candor MadDog.

~Ceadder

~Ceadder

Cmon man...give credit where credits due. Troy did a good job today. He at least deserves a B at the least.
Originally posted by ttime1:

~Ceadder

But you have been give Alex and A+ all season. Your credibility is hsot my friend..LOL!

When? I never graded ANY game by Alex and if I did it sure as hell wouldn't be an A+. You're talking out your ass.

~Ceadder
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
A

Playcalling - F

worst play calling of the year.
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
A

Playcalling - F

worst play calling of the year.

Well, it was pretty standard for SingBall.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Easily the best game in 49er history.

• dj43
The odds against completing that long throw to Walker were unbelievable. It was a horrible decision to throw that pass...still, it was completed and a TD followed.

If that pass is picked, as it should have been, the final result might have been different.

He had several other poor throws on misreads and the like.

I give Troy a C for performance and an A+ for being lucky.
I'd say C+
[ Edited by LAFortyNinerfan on Oct 31, 2010 at 2:05 PM ]
This is hilarious, everyone would be suckling Alex's teet if it was him out there today.
The difference between alex and troy is troy makes something out of nothing. for alex to win, everything has to go perfect and he still blows it. I hope Alex Smith never see's the field again!
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:

~Ceadder

Cmon man...give credit where credits due. Troy did a good job today. He at least deserves a B at the least.

Sorry but if this was Alex everyone here that wants to move on would have given him a D and you know it.

He played decently but nothing to lose all perspective about. It was one Win against a crappy Defense. This is how people acted when Shaun Hill beat crappy teams and it is frustrating for the rest of us who want to see what we have before anointing anybody the Savior of the 49ers.

~Ceadder
Share 49ersWebzone