LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 275 users in the forums

Grade Troy Smith's Performance

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Grade Troy Smith's Performance

Originally posted by Kolohe:
Oh one more thing, no turnovers.

To my miind, that's the decisive aspect of today's performance. Do we win that game with Alex's obligatory turn overs?
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:

To my miind, that's the decisive aspect of today's performance. Do we win that game with Alex's obligatory turn overs?

We know that Nate deserved to have 2 turnovers caused in that game... but shoot, I'll take good luck over bad luck any day for the W.
stop saying the Hail Mary pass to D Walker was lucky. If it was Brett Favre everyone would be saying what a great QB he is for making something happen. A win is a win and I'll take it. if it were either of the other 2 we would have lost.
Delanie Walker just said about Troy Smith

"With him having just a week of practice he did great, he made some plays and at the end he came confident in the huddle and said "look guys we gotta move this ball down the field!" and we believed in him and that's just what we did."

The black Smith FTW!
Originally posted by CheapThrill:
stop saying the Hail Mary pass to D Walker was lucky. If it was Brett Favre everyone would be saying what a great QB he is for making something happen. A win is a win and I'll take it. if it were either of the other 2 we would have lost.

Sorry guy. I'm pretty sure if any QB/anywhere made that throw and it was caught it would still be labeled stupid and lucky.
With one week to prepare, new OC, new playbook, new teammates and only three game experience, shoooot I gotta give him a A. Lets also add that Vernon Davis was out for most of the game.

Ummmm he's had SEVEN weeks and Training Camp to prepare. The lone bright spot here is that he takes his job as a backup seriously. He probably practices like he's going to start and THAT is what you are supposed to do.

I wish people would stop making this something it ain't. It's not heroic and it's not unexpected(other than by us fans) that a 3rd string QB had a decent performance.

What's sad is that Carr was above Troy Smith on the Depth Chart. I think Carr still has some gas in the tank, but he sure didn't do himself any favors with this team when he had his shot. He didn't even give the critics something to blog about.

Now they have something to blog about and as always it will be to blow smoke up our bums regarding someone not named Alex.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
A

Playcalling - F

Agreed. I like Troy's game. He was able to create plays. He looked like he had an idea of what was going out there on the field. Carr is horrible, and Alex is a back up. Troy used the pump fake and used his other abilities "like RUN" when under pressure. Troy should start the rest of the season. He can't be any worse than those other two clowns we have.
B. He played with handcuffs all day with the play calling, but he got it done with no turnovers. He got lucky on the prayer to the goal line, but the rest of his passes were crisp and where they should be.
Originally posted by Ceadderman:

Ummmm he's had SEVEN weeks and Training Camp to prepare.

Huh!? You mean all those reps he had with the first team throughout those 7 weeks of "preparation"? ......oh... wait........
Originally posted by Peanut49:

Sorry guy. I'm pretty sure if any QB/anywhere made that throw and it was caught it would still be labeled stupid and lucky.

What about the Eli Manning/David Tyree Super Bowl catch? Eli Manning was considered a God after that play.

Originally posted by Peanut49:
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
Originally posted by ttime1:
No way you can give this guy a solid B. C'mon what game were you guys watching? If this was 9ers Saints we'da gotten our asses kicked in.

This is 9ers Broncos. A team that has ZERO Pass Rush and has Bad Run Defense. You make the kind of mistakes that T.Smith was making today and this is yet another Loss.

I'm happy that we got the W and I'll take it gratefully but I'm not gonna give the kid a B. He doesn't deserve it and you know it. Your letting your emotions affect your grade.

~Ceadder

But you have been give Alex and A+ all season. Your credibility is hsot my friend..LOL!

When? I never graded ANY game by Alex and if I did it sure as hell wouldn't be an A+. You're talking out your ass.

~Ceadder

What about the game against the Saints?

C+ and Troy was about a C in this one.

Thank you. If I were to grade(or if I did grade it) it would've had to be a C+.

I'm starting to think this is a 2nd half team.

~Ceadder

I was alluding to the fact that you DID grade Alex after the Saints game and you gave him an A. I have the quote if you need it.

But I agree about Troy Smith. I'd give Troy Smith about a C+
[ Edited by LAFortyNinerfan on Oct 31, 2010 at 3:04 PM ]

I swear that I thought the same exact thing to myself! If it was Bret, it would have been an amazing play. But because it was Troy, it was lucky. The pass hit him right on stride and there was no jump ball where Walker had to ake it from a defender. That was a great play!
B- Troy, F playcalling. Even though he got lucky, he at least had the balls to throw it.
We need a spark and he made it happen. We were 1-6 who cares.

And no people this isn't Alex's team. I don't think he is going to start forthe 49ers again unless T. Smith messes up big time.
If it wasn't for that lucky pass to Walker his stats very well could have been 11/19 158yds 1td 1int, he also had a very lucky bounce on a fumble.

He didn't turn it over although and I'll give him a C+
TROY HAS JUKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone