LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 287 users in the forums

At 1-6 and no starting QB how do you approach final 9 games?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
How can Davis be worse than Carr? That was the most pathetic play I have seen in a long time. The guy is totally useless. I heard the NFL is calling an urgent meeting to discuss sending another team to London instead of the 49ers. They obviously are not a good representative of what the league wants to show. I guess they can now embarrass themselves internationally. Is embarass one r or two? Who cares already.
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by ozanter:
throw the season away that we we can secure the 1st pick because if we end up with a better record than Buffalo they will select Andrew Luck

1-15 baby!!!!

Agreed, tank the season for Luck.

want to be my friend?

WOO HOO!

YOU TOO??

must be my lucky day

i was on this since the KC game!
Originally posted by BenQ:
win enough games so we get the 12th pick in the draft with sing as draft scout and take someone who can't jumpstart a NEW rebuilding project...

we should win every game from now on, but my suggestion is more likely to happen

That very well could happen...
Now that my emotions have died down, I can make a realistic evalutation.

# 1. Fire Singletary : He still can't make in-game adjustments. There's NO way our new OC called all those run plays in a row. Sing just doesn't trust Carr.

# 2 . IF Alex Smith is done for the year ( he probabaly will be ), then bench Carr, and play Troy Smith, if that fails, play Davis. We need to know what depth we have @ QB. I'm glad Alex is broken, that way he can't somehow salvage another contract with us.

# 3 . Bench A.Davis @ RT. This guy is committing drive killing penalties, and QB killing mistakes.

#4. Bench N.Clements. For all the good plays he makes agains the run, he's becoming a liability on pass plays, getting burned all year on double moves.

#5. Either go after Vick or Kolb (whichever one is let go by Philly), or draft a QB with our high # 1 pick.

One last thought : I really do think this team is better than it's record, but it's time we turn the page on Alex Smith, and start over. Even if we play a rookie next year, he's gonna have what Alex never did : Weapons on offense. Vernon, Crabs, Gore, etc. I think rookie QB's are playing better in their first year than ever before. Our O-line will be better with a full season under their belts, and our D will still be good after we cut Nate, and re-sign Goldson. I know it looks bleak 'Niner fans, but it will get better.
I would let Sing and Alex continue to fail so at the end of the year we will get a good draft pick and completely clean house. I would get rid of Sing, Alex, Carr, manusky and johnson and start over fesh. I am tired of this madness. I have been a 49ers fan since 1960 and have been through alot of losing years and I am quite frankly tired of this crap. I am not really sure if the ownership has enough footbal smarts to find a quaility HC and get this team back to the winning years that they have had in the past.
Well I would fire Sing in the offseason, and talk Cower out of retirement. :-) In the short term I would see what I have with Troy Smith ( he had a good connection in college with Ginn, could it happen in the NFL????) or check out Nate davis,
next I would Tinker with the line. I would see if Iupati would make a good LT ( Why not most of the time he owns his man hard core!) bump Staley to the right side. possibly movie A-Davis to guard- give him some help (similar to what Oakland did with Robert Gallary)-sp... keep Snyder at the other guard.
I would see how Phillip Adams does put him in, in Nickle situations, see what Reggie smith can do over Goldston.
I would put in Dixon in a bit more, and maybe give him more carries than Gore once Gore breaks 1000yrds (as many have said, extend his carreert a bit, don't waiste him on such a horrible season.
I don't think Luck will come out, he is going to Stanford, people go there to get a degree. Locker will go to buffalo, and I'm not sold on Mallet. So I don't know what to do about getting a better Qb,
What we really need is to pay all the money we have to get a true GM and let him call the shots.
Originally posted by Kurtz49:
Bench Clements. I don't care who replaces him...just get him off the field.

Start Nate Davis.

Give Dixon at minimum 30% of the snaps, (develop him and save Frank on a wasted season).

I think we need to bench Chilo too...put Snyder, Heitmann, or Wragge next to A Davis to help him mature.

Get Reggie Smith more snaps in case we don't keep Goldson (not sure I care if we do or not).

Get RJF more snaps.

So hard to tell where we are at with WR since our QB play has been so bad, but I would not mind seeing more of Zeigler too. Find out if he is a solid #3 or maybe even better than Morgan.
All of this, except bench morgan and let kyle williams get some snaps.. I bet that dude would be baller.
Play Nate Davis.
Originally posted by diehardfor20yrs:
Now that my emotions have died down, I can make a realistic evalutation.

# 1. Fire Singletary : He still can't make in-game adjustments. There's NO way our new OC called all those run plays in a row. Sing just doesn't trust Carr.

# 2 . IF Alex Smith is done for the year ( he probabaly will be ), then bench Carr, and play Troy Smith, if that fails, play Davis. We need to know what depth we have @ QB. I'm glad Alex is broken, that way he can't somehow salvage another contract with us.

# 3 . Bench A.Davis @ RT. This guy is committing drive killing penalties, and QB killing mistakes.

#4. Bench N.Clements. For all the good plays he makes agains the run, he's becoming a liability on pass plays, getting burned all year on double moves.

#5. Either go after Vick or Kolb (whichever one is let go by Philly), or draft a QB with our high # 1 pick.

One last thought : I really do think this team is better than it's record, but it's time we turn the page on Alex Smith, and start over. Even if we play a rookie next year, he's gonna have what Alex never did : Weapons on offense. Vernon, Crabs, Gore, etc. I think rookie QB's are playing better in their first year than ever before. Our O-line will be better with a full season under their belts, and our D will still be good after we cut Nate, and re-sign Goldson. I know it looks bleak 'Niner fans, but it will get better.

Alex Smith will be a good QB, it seems like you are blaming him for this loss. We just need a head coaching change and rest clements because he is obviously still injured.

As much as a high pick may help I am never for tanking a season. This team was starting to find winning methods last year. This year for many reasons they blew that learning process out the window. For the rest of this season I hope this team fights and claws for every damn yard. Going 1-15 would mess up this screwed up team even worse than they are. This team needs to get over the now obvious mental hurdle and win some tough games this season.

Singletary does not need to return next year. Firing him midseason may create a spark like when he took over for Nolan but it simply wont fix this season. I want a proven successful coach. No more friggin projects please. I dont care for up and coming experiments anymore.

I dont want to get into the Pro/anti Alex Smith discussion but this team has to move on and start new. I dont hate the kid but the back and forth with him has set this team back. Carr has never worked so I know he isnt the answer.

Building through the draft seems to be a popular opinion. I agree the draft is necessary but for the love of god if you can get a PROVEN player for a pick that may or may not make the team.....get the proven player. Moss for a 3rd are you kidding me? Especially offensive lineman. Solid vet pro bowl lineman can be had especially since most teams over value the draft.

The fans deserve better than this. Sundays absolutely suck for me now. The only thing I have to look forward to is listening to the Bears post game show with Ed Obranivich and Doug Bafone when the bears lose.
Give our current rookies as much game experience as possible. Play anyone we have questions or concerns about to see if they are worth keeping. Hire additional college scouts to find the best hidden gems. Pray.
Originally posted by rudedog:
I would let Sing and Alex continue to fail so at the end of the year we will get a good draft pick and completely clean house. I would get rid of Sing, Alex, Carr, manusky and johnson and start over fesh. I am tired of this madness. I have been a 49ers fan since 1960 and have been through alot of losing years and I am quite frankly tired of this crap. I am not really sure if the ownership has enough footbal smarts to find a quaility HC and get this team back to the winning years that they have had in the past.

But at least Pragg will sign him to a reasonable contract....
Trade our entire 2011 draft for Tom Brady.

You know Belichik would accept that deal in a heart beat :P
Hire GM. Fire Sing. Work with young players/stars. Install WCO NOW.

Pretend this is preseason, and install WCO now. Then we get a draft with a new WCO GM/Coach, and have a whole preseason to perfect it...
Share 49ersWebzone