LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 207 users in the forums

At 1-6 and no starting QB how do you approach final 9 games?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We are 1-6 with no starting QB for who knows how long. You have a backup veteran QB that seems clueless after all this years, and your defense allowed a career day of over 300 passing yards to a no name QB.

How do you fix this mess?
Stating the obvious, the season is shot. With that said, how would you like the Niners to use the rest of our 2011 preseason games? Is there a certain rookie that you want to see on the field more? Is there a coach you would like to see come in mid-season? Or would you prefer we go 1-15 and pick at the top of the draft? Whatever it is, we'd like to hear it!
I'd prefer not to watch another game this season.

but I know I will watch all of them and cry myself to sleep.
I want to see what Nate Davis can do! We have nothing to lose!
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

I will keep saying this....if he is any good there is no need to shell shock the kid
tank tank tank
I would love to see Troy Smith play. I heard he was pretty good with Bmore, but he got hurt, Flacco came in and they never looked back.

I would also like to see Philip Adams in nickel situations.

[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Oct 24, 2010 at 13:58:13 ]
I want to see nate davis get some playing time. At this point, we suck, so might as well find out what the kid can do. I wouldn't mind seeing troy smith either.

Maybe some shuffling on the OL too, to see what other options we have
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

Very important to see what he gives us before we draft another QB high!
I'd say tank it, but that'll happen anyway. So........, lets establish the fact that NONE of our 3 active QB's have what it takes.

i would like to see Troy Smith and Nate Davis get playing time so we can evaluate what we have there.

I would also like to see Dixon and Westbrook to play more. Dixon so we can evaluate him/get him experience, Westbrook mostly to keep Gore from being banged up unnecessarily in a lost season. Gore doesn't deserve to waste himself on this s**t team, and if we protect him we can maybe extend his career long enough to get a winning team around him.

Philip Adams should get some playing time in place of Brown.

something needs to be done about the offensive line, just so we can get a good look at whoever we play at QB.

But, really, the important things that are going to happen on this team are after the season, when we should fire Singletary and draft a QB.
I said the same thing that i will not watch any more games this year, and my freinds just laughed and said no you will and will cry through them all!!!
Originally posted by boriken_9er:
We are 1-6 with no starting QB for who knows how long. You have a backup veteran QB that seems clueless after all this years, and your defense allowed a career day of over 300 passing yards to a no name QB.

How do you fix this mess?

Put in as many backups as possible?

Naw, I don't know. In all honesty, retain all the veteran players we can, go out and spend money on a real coaching staff and succeed. Sorry Alex, you were the man. You played your heart out. Too bad you were plagued with arguable the worst coaching staff in history, though probably not the worst. Having Norv Turner shows how you were advancing, but having crappy coaches shows how you cannot compete.

Honestly, out of all days, I'm finally ashamed to be a Niner's fan for the first time in my life. This is just downright pathetic.
We should utilize our ability to fire Singletary.

Utilize the offense we used in the first 3 quarters the whole game. ESPECIALLY when we have the lead.

Utilize Troy Smith.

Utilize someone else at RT... Sorry A. Davis but you are now a liability unfortunately. He needs a game to sit and digest. I still feel like he'll be good in the future but right now he is not looking too hot.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
With Smith out, this team is going to struggle just to be competitive. Tank the season and draft Luck or Locker and see if Gruden want's to leave the MNF booth and coach again. At this point winning games becomes a negative because it knocks us further away from drafting Luck or Locker. It sucks now, but when the draft comes around, everybody will be jacked that we have a chance at a top 5 pick.
Share 49ersWebzone