There are 176 users in the forums

At 1-6 and no starting QB how do you approach final 9 games?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Get the rookies as much game experience as possible. Be ultra careful not to get any of our "keepers" hurt in meaningless games. Play everyone we have questions or concerns about to see if they are worth keeping and then clean house.
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Trade our entire 2011 draft for Tom Brady.

You know Belichik would accept that deal in a heart beat :P

he would. Then brady would come here and get killed by whoever Davis is supposed to block.
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
The draft pick is our best bet. Unfortunately we have a lockout year and many top prospects won't declare. So we are screwed again. This team is not only bone headed. They have just plain bad luck...

Too true, and I'm sure the new CBA will work out in such a way that we're the last team to be yoked to a debilitating first pick contract.

If it weren't for bad luck....

Exactly, we will probably be the last team to have to pay big for a top pick and probably spend 60 million guaranteed and 100 million. It sucks but I guess if he can turn the team around I am for it. We just can't miss on this upcoming draft and we can't pick the wrong coach for the 4th straight time.
  • rob28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by egoonda:
Hire GM. Fire Sing. Work with young players/stars. Install WCO NOW.

Pretend this is preseason, and install WCO now. Then we get a draft with a new WCO GM/Coach, and have a whole preseason to perfect it...

who exactly are we going to bring in to install the WCO?
WILDCAT.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
WILDCAT.

WILDRAT
  • rob28
  • Veteran
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
#1) During the Broncos game Jed York will go to the sideline to fire Singletary and send him to the stands. He deserves to be publicly humiliated for the way he has represented the San Francisco 49ers.

#2) Greg Manusky needs to be appointed interim coach with no control of the offense. Mike Johnson has showed some flashes as coordinator even with his hands tied behind his back. If Alex Smith is out for a long period of time, David Carr needs to be cut and Nate Davis needs to get a shot. This team needs to see what is on the roster at quarterback before it is too late.

#3) Frank Gore, Takeo Spikes, and Aubrayo Franklind should only play 50% of snaps from this point on to rest during a wasted season and to get a look at Anthony Dixon, NaVorro Bowman, and Ricky Jean-Francois.
the fornt office need to start thinking about who they want as head coach next year let Singletary go in the offseason, wether it's Jon Gruden, Jim Harbaugh, Marty Mornhinweg, or some other offensive coach that can help the offense move the ball. ( maybe someone get fired that would work out good as a had coach. Like what happen to Mike Shanahan last year.) Then think about who they want at QB next year, sign Vick or McNabb to a 3 or 2 year deal and draft a QB to learn behind one of they would be nice. Not sure if they would like that idea maybe Vick would because he could still sign a big deal after 2 year this could be McNabbs last chance at a big contract. All of this depeneds on the new CBA.

as far as this season goes Singletary's job is to Win Now. he is going to do what ever he think is best to win this week. he is not thinking about next year not yet anyway. and it's not fair for the front office to tell him to start worrying about next year. later in the year that can change.

[ Edited by dlance on Oct 24, 2010 at 15:20:59 ]

Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
WILDCAT.

WILDRAT

WILD STALLION!
Member Milestone: This is post number 2,700 for MaliCali.
As long as Carr is in, cruise control to the 1st overall pick is fine with me..

if Alex can come back in a timely manner(next week) or Sing has the balls to bring Nate up and let him play, i continue my optimism for success..
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
WILDCAT.

WILDRAT

WILD STALLION!

Wild Hogs
But Sing said we will make the playoffs!
OUR PHILOSOPHY IS THIS...
WE GO OUT AND LET PEOPLE HIT US IN THE MOUTH!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone