LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 293 users in the forums

Post Game Analysis (vs. Carolina Panthers)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kray28:

The truth being that you are a miserable, vindictive little bag of douche.

Chill.

Don't you realize that everyone on this forum are just imaginary people living in your computer?

We're not real.

We have no power over you.

You can hit the power button and we go away.

Mmmm... interwebs.
Originally posted by Wodwo:

Chill.

Don't you realize that everyone on this forum are just imaginary people living in your computer?

We're not real.

We have no power over you.

You can hit the power button and we go away.

Mmmm... interwebs.

internet...serious business
Originally posted by ZRF80:
SMH @ ZRF80.

Just shut the eff up.

The truth hurts........

Thanks for the insult.

Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Once again we lose because our QB can't f**ken stop giving them the ball. This ones on the entire team. Y'all wish we had Hill now.

Hill sucks dick too and is up there in INTs as well. This ISNT on QB play its on the line and the D. Im tired of the D getting a pass. They f**king suck. Matt Moore looked like Brady! Every f**king week. This staff needs to go.

Use Troy or Nate

I sat through the game, on the Panthers' side of the field, and just cringed at our defense. The Panthers seemed to move the ball and pick up 1st downs against our defense when they needed them. I know they made some key turnovers, but they couldn't close out the game when they needed to. I found myself groaning with frustration at our defense way too often today.

The defensive backs seemed like they were high schoolers going against NFLers - especially on some of the big plays made by the Panthers. There was a play late in the game when a Panthers WR dropped a would-be TD. Our DBs blew the coverage on that play. They let the WR get behind them and seemed to forget about him. Nate Clements whiffed on several tackles and allowed his guy to get by him for big gains.

I had so many high hopes for the 49ers this year, and they've all been flushed down the toilet.

Dan
49ers Fan in NC

PS - Some people may have been great NFL players, but that doesn't make them great NFL coaches. It's time for the Singletary experiment to end.
Singletary is coach = loss

That is basically what hapened today.
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Singletary is coach = loss

That is basically what hapened today.
Originally posted by CHAMBAZ:
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by Thorhawk:

exactly. i don't see why people can't understand this.

the "we want carr" chants were just really "we want change"

Well, they got what they asked for. [/b][b]Change does not always make things better.

Ur right. The country wanted change and look how that's going!

I know! This depression is killing me right now! Oh wait, we didn't go into a depression. Oh well next time!
lol, ZRF supported Dilfer, what a fail.
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
We any smith

we wouldve won if smith was still in the game

oh ya chief sunswell zrf and fly gtfo for cheering alex's injury

Nobody "cheered" his injury. The guy has been part of this team's downfall. Regardless of where you place him on the list (I list him number 1, you list him lower), no one will argue that he is not part of the problem. Parts of the problem need to be eliminated from this team. It's obvious that Sing has no plans to change course with this team. He's willing to take the entire roster down with him. Smith's injury may be a "blessing in disguise". Need because he got injured, but rather than Sing will NOW be forced to make some changes. Putting in a new QB means tweaking the playbook somewhat to that QB's strength. Clearly, whatever plan SIng had for Smith DID NOT WORK. If you guys cant see this, then I feel sorry for you.

But please, dont make blatant comments that people that dont support SMith were ccheering his injury. No one wants players to get hurt. We were cheering the circumstance that Sing was forced into......thats all.

I would argue against Alex being the problem. And so would Gore VD and the rest of the offense. The first drive looked damn good, but I bet Alex gets no credit for that from you. The offense was again littered with penalties and poor routes, and then you ask Alex to cover their mistakes. Alex is the glue holding us together as a semi-functioning offensive team, with Carr we are in complete disarray.

So Ill assume you were in the We Want Carr bandwagon, just by your banter. And with the venom some of you fans have towards Alex, it wouldnt be surprising if some of you cheered for Alex gong down, whether you'd admit it or not. So youre happy he had to come out, but not that he got hurt? I guess thats reasonable, but you deserve to suffer through every second your boy Carr is in there. Then you'll see just how much Smith contributes to this team.

It's called being INCONSISTENT. Alex pulls off a great opening drive, then disappears for the rest of the half. This is the story of his career. Did the team make mistakes ? Yes. But good QBs can overcome at least SOME of those mistakes. Whenever we have a penalty, the drive is automatically stalled. Smith never pulls us out of 2nd/3rd and deep situation.

As for today, he was under pressure a few times, but he also had good coverage from the line as well. A couple time he ran OUT of the pocket just for the hell of it. Same roll out passes out of bounds. Same checkdowns without looking for a deep receivers........same 3-and-out drives.

You guys are basing your support of him today solely on Carr's play. Alex did nothing for us in the first hald aside from the opening drive. Stop blaming the receivers/oline, when in reality, it's not always the case.

This
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I'm glad we lost this game....and I cheered for the Panthers to win.

Why?

1. I knew the Panthers would win this game, and called it just after the Raiders-Niners game.

2. It only accelerates the dumping of Singletary. After we lose next week to the Broncos, we will be 1-7 going into the bye, and that should be enough to get him fired. Then, we can begin the search for a real head coach, and turn this bad boy around.

Anyone who knows me, knows that I love this franchise. However, 2010 was shot, and the sooner we tank enough for Mike to be fired, the better.

Cheers.

But say Manusky gets the job as interim, and they win out and then Jed makes the same mistake of naming him hc when it was just a fluke!

The broadcast mentioned that Fox would get picked up right away if Carolina hires him, would he be a good choice?

I think we are going to go on a mini run after the break, but whoever takes over is not going to run the table, so I doubt we have anything to worry about. This team is going to hire a proven winner from the offensive side of the ball in the offseason.

The best thing the Niners could do is hire Johnson, as he is a minority. This would help us circumvent the Rooney Rule, and begin the process of interviewing and hiring Gruden, Cowher, or another proven winner, as soon as possible.

Originally posted by sdaddy101269:
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
We any smith

we wouldve won if smith was still in the game

oh ya chief sunswell zrf and fly gtfo for cheering alex's injury

Nobody "cheered" his injury. The guy has been part of this team's downfall. Regardless of where you place him on the list (I list him number 1, you list him lower), no one will argue that he is not part of the problem. Parts of the problem need to be eliminated from this team. It's obvious that Sing has no plans to change course with this team. He's willing to take the entire roster down with him. Smith's injury may be a "blessing in disguise". Need because he got injured, but rather than Sing will NOW be forced to make some changes. Putting in a new QB means tweaking the playbook somewhat to that QB's strength. Clearly, whatever plan SIng had for Smith DID NOT WORK. If you guys cant see this, then I feel sorry for you.

But please, dont make blatant comments that people that dont support SMith were ccheering his injury. No one wants players to get hurt. We were cheering the circumstance that Sing was forced into......thats all.

I would argue against Alex being the problem. And so would Gore VD and the rest of the offense. The first drive looked damn good, but I bet Alex gets no credit for that from you. The offense was again littered with penalties and poor routes, and then you ask Alex to cover their mistakes. Alex is the glue holding us together as a semi-functioning offensive team, with Carr we are in complete disarray.

So Ill assume you were in the We Want Carr bandwagon, just by your banter. And with the venom some of you fans have towards Alex, it wouldnt be surprising if some of you cheered for Alex gong down, whether you'd admit it or not. So youre happy he had to come out, but not that he got hurt? I guess thats reasonable, but you deserve to suffer through every second your boy Carr is in there. Then you'll see just how much Smith contributes to this team.

It's called being INCONSISTENT. Alex pulls off a great opening drive, then disappears for the rest of the half. This is the story of his career. Did the team make mistakes ? Yes. But good QBs can overcome at least SOME of those mistakes. Whenever we have a penalty, the drive is automatically stalled. Smith never pulls us out of 2nd/3rd and deep situation.

As for today, he was under pressure a few times, but he also had good coverage from the line as well. A couple time he ran OUT of the pocket just for the hell of it. Same roll out passes out of bounds. Same checkdowns without looking for a deep receivers........same 3-and-out drives.

You guys are basing your support of him today solely on Carr's play. Alex did nothing for us in the first hald aside from the opening drive. Stop blaming the receivers/oline, when in reality, it's not always the case.

This
ThAT is not true, there have been many 2nd and 3rd and longs that alex has converted this year..

And we can blame the WR's and the Oline because its obvious as hell that they arent up to par.

As a sidebar though, there were a few times this game I could tell what the 49ers play on offense was, and where the blitz was coming from on defense, and alex didn't audible... (so alex has a share of the blame, but saying he is why we suck, is not accurate)
Maybe the niners will finally go with an actual head coach that will bring a decent OC with him.

Mike Johnson threw in the towel after smith went down. That was about as vanilla as you could get when car entered the game. The commentators talked about how the mistrust of car was evident by the play calling.

Its too bad that I am entering draft mode this early in the season. At least Carolina is picking behind the niners now.
Our team went downhill since they started getting defensive minded coaches (unproven).

We........need..........a..........new............coach.
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mr2324jgf:
Jeff. Garcia.

150k buyout from UFL. We free up salary room by gettin rid of a few people and pay the man and let him play.

yep yep yep

THIS and we SHOULD have re signed TO wtf is up with our office man. We should have gone after a vet qb this year. Hired TO and we should pick up merriman if he is gonna come cheap. we need a pass rush even if merriman suck his potential is still there and is young
Originally posted by HessianDud:
its pathetic that all anyone can talk about is Smith.

The bitter truth that this game cemented, and that has been the horrible reality of this entire season, is that we overachieved to reach 8-8 last year. We are not a few pieces away from a championship caliber team. We are a mess from the coaching staff on down, and perhaps from the ownership on down, and we are going to have to bring in a lot of new players this offseason.

Our defense is incredibly overrated. Our offensive line is not ready and might have two busts holding down the right side. We have a #2 WR playing as the #1, and no one behind him. We have so many problems, and maybe a lot of them can be fixed by coaching, but this promising season is not only OVER now, it has made it painfully obvious that we are going to need to make major changes in order to become as competitive as we all thought we were going to be.

I couldn't agree more. Everything that this season was riding on has fallen apart. Absolutely nothing has gone right. Not the defense, not the QB, not the OC, nor even the HC.

I absolutely agree that this season is evidence that a whole bunch of coaches are needed to be relieved and a full coaching staff replacement is necessary.

*sigh* it never crossed my mind that we would be 1-6 and likely heading into 1-7 by the bye week. What a disaster of a season. Further proof of how meaningless winning preseason games are.

-9fA
Share 49ersWebzone