There are 313 users in the forums

Post Game Analysis (vs. Carolina Panthers)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I didn't get to watch this game untill just before half time, but once again... it was just the same 'ol song and dance from the coaching standpoint.
I truly belive we are just a big joke right now, from management on down. So damn frustrating to watch, Dingletary can't be sent walking quick enough.
We were playing not to lose and look what that got us?!
So I just went through the first page of this thread, a thread titled: 'Post Game Analysis (vs. Carolina Panthers)' and found ZERO analysis of the game. Is there actually any analysis in this thread (and if so please point me to the right page)?
Originally posted by Gavintech:
So I just went through the first page of this thread, a thread titled: 'Post Game Analysis (vs. Carolina Panthers)' and found ZERO analysis of the game. Is there actually any analysis in this thread (and if so please point me to the right page)?

here's my analysis.

somewhere between 2-15.

Are analysis threads always like this here?
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PlasmaHero:

Hehehe....

Yes.
I dunno why, but for some reason I LOLed pretty loud ^

-9fA

All you need to do is read the seattle game analysis thread and that sums up every single niners game this year including our win. We are getting sick of saying the same s**t about this team.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninersrule4:

All you need to do is read the seattle game analysis thread and that sums up every single niners game this year including our win. We are getting sick of saying the same s**t about this team.

So... if the team played on the moon, do you think it'd be easier to tackle Gore or harder?
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I'm glad we lost this game....and I cheered for the Panthers to win.

Why?

1. I knew the Panthers would win this game, and called it just after the Raiders-Niners game.

2. It only accelerates the dumping of Singletary. After we lose next week to the Broncos, we will be 1-7 going into the bye, and that should be enough to get him fired. Then, we can begin the search for a real head coach, and turn this bad boy around.

Anyone who knows me, knows that I love this franchise. However, 2010 was shot, and the sooner we tank enough for Mike to be fired, the better.

Cheers.

You didn't "know", but it was an easy assumption. Remember when you knew we were going to beat Atlanta? And aren't you tired of gearing up for next season? I want to win eight of the remaining nine and make it to the playoffs in historic fashion. I think this team has a shot, call me delusional.

Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

here's my analysis.

sounds about right
Here's what I saw in the first half from our offense. Again, the mistakes that were made imo have to be put more on the players rather than the coaching. These are the series After the initial scoring Drive (which I dont think anyone had a problem with ).

Second Offensive Series: 3 runs 1st Down. 1 run, one screen pass to Westbrook, one out to Crabtree, 1st down.

Deep pass to Josh Morgan, inaccurately thrown. 2nd down. Run to Gore for 6 yards. 3rd down. Smith passes incomplete to Ginn on sidelines. Inaccurate throw. (on 3rd down play, Staley and Rachal are out). Smith drifts away from his pass coverage, and out of the pocket which was defended well.

Third Offensive series. Gore run for 4 yards. 2nd down. Pass to Gore in Flats thrown too hard. 3rd and 6. False Start Iupati. 3rd and 11. Pass to Sidelines to Tedd Ginn. Dropped. Completely on Ginn.

Fourth Offensive series. Play action pass to Frank Gore 20 yards. 1st down. Quick out to Crabtree. 7 yards. 2nd and 3. Playaction roll out pass to Crabtree for 3 yards. 1st down.

Gore 12 yard run. 1st down. Dixon run for -6 yards. 2nd and 16. Pass to Nate Bynham…didn’t turn his head around in time, incomplete. 3rd and 16. Short pass to Josh Morgan, runs for 12 yards. 4th and 4. Field Goal

Fifth Offensive Series. Frank Gore run up middle for 7 yards. 2nd and 3. Drag route to Crabtree for 18 yards. 1st down.
Smith feels pressure, throws it away. 2nd down. Tries Screen pass to Frank Gore, its deflected. Vernon Davis meanwhile is open running the seam route. 3rd down. Anthony Davis falls for stunt. Smith feels pressure, could scramble to the left side but instead tries to stand tall and force it to Gore. Bad pass, incomplete, 4th down.

Alex was injured at the beginning of the Second Half, and we all saw what happened when David Carrbage came in and threw that limp dick pass to a wide open Vernon Davis. He sucks and the only reason he's still on the roster is because the Yorks dont want to lose the 1.875 mil in cap bonus Scotty mac signed him to.

But other than wisely trying to keep the ball out of Carr's hands for the rest of the game (which was the smart move) I dont see how anyone can say Singletary meddled with or got in the way of the offense.
Again, the mistakes that were made imo have to be put more on the players rather than the coaching.

This means that the players are poorly coached. That ultimately falls on the shoulders of...coaching.

Players making the same mistakes every game is inexcusable, and what does Singletary do?! Claps his hands on the sideline like a f*cking cheerleader.
Originally posted by verb1der:
Again, the mistakes that were made imo have to be put more on the players rather than the coaching.

This means that the players are poorly coached. That ultimately falls on the shoulders of...coaching.

Players making the same mistakes every game is inexcusable, and what does Singletary do?! Claps his hands on the sideline like a f*cking cheerleader.

Ginn has had drops issues his entire career, and Jesus couldn't teach Alex Smith accuracy. Coaches can't fix everything, its up to the players to continue to put the time and effort in. Vernon Davis had brick hands, and he kept practicing and working on it, and now he's much much more sure handed.
Its just like when you would do something f*cked up at school, and the teachers would tsk tsk and blame the parents. You knew that your parents were good parents (well...mine was anyway), you just had a lapse in judgement...or enjoyed being a dick.
Originally posted by verb1der:

Ginn has had drops issues his entire career, and Jesus couldn't teach Alex Smith accuracy. Coaches can't fix everything, its up to the players to continue to put the time and effort in. Vernon Davis had brick hands, and he kept practicing and working on it, and now he's much much more sure handed.
Its just like when you would do something f*cked up at school, and the teachers would tsk tsk and blame the parents. You knew that your parents were good parents (well...mine was anyway), you just had a lapse in judgement...or enjoyed being a dick.

I agree that sometimes you can't fix a players problem, it's obvious no player is perfect.

But from a team standpoint, the 49ers makes the same mistakes EVERY SINGLE GAME, with no accountability (with the exception of Alex Smith who Sing crucified on national television). But everyone else will be applauded for penalties.

And what does Sing say?! "We will keep working on it."

What are the results?! = NOTHING.

This is a product of poor-coaching, and/or players no longer giving a f*ck, and no matter how you look at it, Singletary will be fired for how badly this team has failed.

[ Edited by verb1der on Oct 25, 2010 at 17:54:17 ]
Share 49ersWebzone