LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 409 users in the forums

Post Game Analysis (vs. Carolina Panthers)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Carr is not going to win a game. Nate Davis is NOT going to come in and play. He's not the answer. If we want to have any chance of at least playing competitive football, our best option at QB is to play Troy Smith until Alex is healthy again, if that even happens this season.

As far as I'm concerned, this season is done, and as much as I like Sing as a person, he's done here. We can't win with a coach who can't outsmart his counterpart.

Ironic as it is and as sad as it is to say it -- I'm sorry coach.. but "I want winners." And you're not one of them.

Season is done homie even Troy Smith isn't good enough to come in and think he's gonna win some games.

Good last line.
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
We any smith

we wouldve won if smith was still in the game

oh ya chief sunswell zrf and fly gtfo for cheering alex's injury

Nobody "cheered" his injury. The guy has been part of this team's downfall. Regardless of where you place him on the list (I list him number 1, you list him lower), no one will argue that he is not part of the problem. Parts of the problem need to be eliminated from this team. It's obvious that Sing has no plans to change course with this team. He's willing to take the entire roster down with him. Smith's injury may be a "blessing in disguise". Need because he got injured, but rather than Sing will NOW be forced to make some changes. Putting in a new QB means tweaking the playbook somewhat to that QB's strength. Clearly, whatever plan SIng had for Smith DID NOT WORK. If you guys cant see this, then I feel sorry for you.

But please, dont make blatant comments that people that dont support SMith were ccheering his injury. No one wants players to get hurt. We were cheering the circumstance that Sing was forced into......thats all.
It's well documented you cheered the first time Smith hurt his shoulder. You were screaming at us that Dilfer was the answer, remember that? You cheered that he got hurt, and then said you were glad because now Dilfer gets to start. Dilfer was a disaster.

Anyone who watches the team understands that Smith is not the only problem.

Ah, good times.
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
"Rookie receivers David Gettis and Brandon LaFell combined for 14 catches for 216 yards and two touchdowns as the Panthers' youngsters proved to be better than the 49ers' secondary in a 23-20 victory that sent the 49ers to their sixth loss in seven games."

http://www.csnbayarea.com/10/24/10/49ers-Notebook-Panthers-Rookie-WRs-Rise-/landing_maiocco_v3.html?blockID=338001&feedID=5936

The secondary was terrible today.

And still way too many holes to fill on this team. No legit pass rusher, terrible corners, no quarterback, offensive line still sucks. I feel stupid for even believing the preseason hype.

Clements and Spencer looked terrible today. Getting schooled by rookies. They ought to be ashamed of themselves. Not to make any excuses but there was no pressure either. We need to try stunts, we need to try more blitzes. The team as a whole is way too vanilla.

Seems like the exact same team and exact same plays that we saw in the pre-season. ZERO creativity

Especially Clements. He needs to be released. At this point, he's a liability and he's way overpaid. The entire league has caught on his over-aggressiveness. Man are there so many holes on this team...

We just made Matt Moore look like an All-pro. *sigh*

-9fA
"Rookie receivers David Gettis and Brandon LaFell combined for 14 catches for 216 yards and two touchdowns as the Panthers' youngsters proved to be better than the 49ers' secondary in a 23-20 victory that sent the 49ers to their sixth loss in seven games."

http://www.csnbayarea.com/10/24/10/49ers-Notebook-Panthers-Rookie-WRs-Rise-/landing_maiocco_v3.html?blockID=338001&feedID=5936

And still way too many holes to fill on this team. No legit pass rusher, terrible corners, no quarterback, offensive line still sucks. I feel stupid for even believing the preseason hype.

Clements and Spencer looked terrible today. Getting schooled by rookies. They ought to be ashamed of themselves. Not to make any excuses but there was no pressure either. We need to try stunts, we need to try more blitzes. The team as a whole is way too vanilla.

Seems like the exact same team and exact same plays that we saw in the pre-season. ZERO creativity
Our defense is just bland. Thats it. There is nothing special scheme wise, and the blitz packages are horrendous. Lack of pressure and abysmal DB play has been the theme this season.
Nate Davis is a superstar. The reasons provided for not playing him all concern his perceived lack of intelligence...and learning disability. Why would those things matter...he is by far the best athlete at the QB position on this team. Dude throws 70yd td bombs while scrambling. David Carr is so horrible, he makes Alex Smith look like Manning or Brady. Alex Smith is not terrible, but Nate Davis is just an exciting player with tremendous upside. Going 1-6 is obviously an indication that the status quo and what we are doing is not working. Give Nate Davis a shot please. He could be an all star...if he's not at least you can shut us all up...keep going the way you are and guaranteed firing for Sing...and bring on Gruden.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
What Takeo said on his twitter:
Quote:
On the plane headed to London. Today was one of the worst performances(Team) I've had to deal with especially with all the talent we have
followed by
Quote:
FRUSTRATING AS HELL!!!

[ Edited by Kalen49ers on Oct 24, 2010 at 17:09:44 ]
Yeah, 300 yards for Moore. Are you kidding. Watch, this team wont have any more success to any other teams like they had on us. Im going to be paying attention. These mediocre players we just played clowned us. Its on Manusky. It has to be. Other coaches will make gameplans for stopping these average players. We ran vanilla. Rush the f n house with 1 deep safety. Make sure you put Moore on his back. How hard is it. I believe spencer and clements can't possibly be that bad or they wouldn't be starters. Its these coaches that must believe that a Haralson can get to the qb when in fact he can't get to the qb. Its decisions like that that get the snowball rolling; rushing Manny in practice and of course he'll beat our oline in practice. But Brooks is clearly needing to be on the field more.

Two things; with Mays our fastest man, bring the f n pain on the edge. Dashon can hold down the back for 1.8 sec every play.
Nobody can block Soap, Manny and a man on a mission. Its called DISRUPTION Manusky. You got to go.
...and Mcdonald should've been resigned last year. Even w/o the INT, management should've put a priority on him instead of Haralson so soon. I will tune in only if Nate Davis plays on Sundays, he's the best qb on our team, no question.

Fans make a mistake when they just blame the offense on Sing. His influence is everywhere. He insists that everyone play the Sing Way and I'll bet that he does not allow them there fancy defenses or nuthin.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

Especially Clements. He needs to be released. At this point, he's a liability and he's way overpaid. The entire league has caught on his over-aggressiveness. Man are there so many holes on this team...

We just made Matt Moore look like an All-pro. *sigh*

-9fA
What pisses me off is that Clements gambles all the time and it NEVER pays off. He is not good enough to gamble. His play has fallen off dramatically from even his below average season last year, and I doubt he returns to the team next season.
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
We any smith

we wouldve won if smith was still in the game

oh ya chief sunswell zrf and fly gtfo for cheering alex's injury

Nobody "cheered" his injury. The guy has been part of this team's downfall. Regardless of where you place him on the list (I list him number 1, you list him lower), no one will argue that he is not part of the problem. Parts of the problem need to be eliminated from this team. It's obvious that Sing has no plans to change course with this team. He's willing to take the entire roster down with him. Smith's injury may be a "blessing in disguise". Need because he got injured, but rather than Sing will NOW be forced to make some changes. Putting in a new QB means tweaking the playbook somewhat to that QB's strength. Clearly, whatever plan SIng had for Smith DID NOT WORK. If you guys cant see this, then I feel sorry for you.

But please, dont make blatant comments that people that dont support SMith were ccheering his injury. No one wants players to get hurt. We were cheering the circumstance that Sing was forced into......thats all.
It's well documented you cheered the first time Smith hurt his shoulder. You were screaming at us that Dilfer was the answer, remember that? You cheered that he got hurt, and then said you were glad because now Dilfer gets to start. Dilfer was a disaster.

Anyone who watches the team understands that Smith is not the only problem.

If by "cheering" you refer to me supporting Smith being replaced, you're right. And I do agree, that at the time...........I preferred Dilfer over Smith, cause I thought Smith was absolute garbage.......my theory was proven correct because HILL (not Dilfer) replaced both of them and played admirably under Hostler's flawed system. At this point, I dont care much for Carr.....I never did. I just want Smith off the roster. The season is lost, there are no playoffs. There's no point to play just for show. Time to develop young talent and move on from this 6 year waste of an experiment (or in my opinion, a 3 year waste of an experiment in 07).

But if you get your jollies off from the notion that I supported Dilfer and I was wrong, go right ahead and have yourself a party. In my mind, the anti-Smith party was right all along. The guy never amounted to anything......the difference between you and I..........I realized it in 2006, while it took you until 2010.

Congrats.......welcome to the team.

• kray28
  • Veteran
SMH @ ZRF80.

Just shut the eff up.
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by kray28:
SMH @ ZRF80.

Just shut the eff up.

The truth hurts........
  • kray28
  • Veteran
SMH @ ZRF80.

Just shut the eff up.

The truth hurts........

The truth being that you are a miserable, vindictive little bag of douche.

[ Edited by kray28 on Oct 24, 2010 at 18:21:27 ]
  • ZRF80
SMH @ ZRF80.

Just shut the eff up.

The truth hurts........

The truth being that you are a miserable, vindictive little bag of douche.

Thanks for the insult.
its pathetic that all anyone can talk about is Smith.

The bitter truth that this game cemented, and that has been the horrible reality of this entire season, is that we overachieved to reach 8-8 last year. We are not a few pieces away from a championship caliber team. We are a mess from the coaching staff on down, and perhaps from the ownership on down, and we are going to have to bring in a lot of new players this offseason.

Our defense is incredibly overrated. Our offensive line is not ready and might have two busts holding down the right side. We have a #2 WR playing as the #1, and no one behind him. We have so many problems, and maybe a lot of them can be fixed by coaching, but this promising season is not only OVER now, it has made it painfully obvious that we are going to need to make major changes in order to become as competitive as we all thought we were going to be.
Share 49ersWebzone