LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 269 users in the forums

Post Game Analysis (vs. Carolina Panthers)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • 8to80
Originally posted by binary2nd:
Originally posted by 8to80:
Everyone is bagging on Carr, when they forget to realize that he is a better overall QB than Smith. Is he better than Smith this season? No, but overall, he is a better QB. Remember, he is the most sacked QB in the NFL on what used to be a terrible Texans team. Yet, he still managed much better statistics than Alex Smith. Do I think he is the answer? Hell no! He has the "Carr Syndrome" where he gets rid of the ball way too quickly. But, that doesn't change the fact that he's a better player than Smith. If he was with the 9ers last year, I think he would have beat Smith for the starting position this season.

You can't be this dense, it's not possible.

If you watched Carr play as a starter and compared that with Smith as a starter, I'm sure you would agree with me. Stats before today's game:
Smith: QB rat=70.2, TD=46, INT=52, Comp %=56.8, Sacks per game started=2.47
Carr: QB rat=75.2, TD=65, INT=70, Comp %=59.8, Sacks per game started=3.35

They both suck, but Carr is better in my books. You can't be this dense, it's not possible.
Everyone is bagging on Carr, when they forget to realize that he is a better overall QB than Smith. Is he better than Smith this season? No, but overall, he is a better QB. Remember, he is the most sacked QB in the NFL on what used to be a terrible Texans team. Yet, he still managed much better statistics than Alex Smith. Do I think he is the answer? Hell no! He has the "Carr Syndrome" where he gets rid of the ball way too quickly. But, that doesn't change the fact that he's a better player than Smith. If he was with the 9ers last year, I think he would have beat Smith for the starting position this season.

If you watched Carr play as a starter and compared that with Smith as a starter, I'm sure you would agree with me. Stats before today's game:

They both suck, but Carr is better in my books. You can't be this dense, it's not possible.

Hard to argue the facts!

lol how about u take out smiths rookie seasonw here he was what 20 yrs old and his best OL was kwme harris and his best WR was arnaz batttle

we just have found our #1 WR in crabtree before crabs our best WR was our RB gore other than that maybe it was antonio cryant who is a #3 WR everywhere else

bottom line put manning on a team with no o line and pathethic targets he wont have his hall of fame stats now
Originally posted by kstolai:

Hard to argue the facts!

f**k the stats toward the end of Carr's career he had Andre Johnson and a couple other guys to throw to and he still sucked. Now he comes here and loses the game for us. If Smith plays we win that game point blank period. I don't care about stats, I'll trust my friggin eyes thank you very much.
Carr is not going to win a game. Nate Davis is NOT going to come in and play. He's not the answer. If we want to have any chance of at least playing competitive football, our best option at QB is to play Troy Smith until Alex is healthy again, if that even happens this season.

As far as I'm concerned, this season is done, and as much as I like Sing as a person, he's done here. We can't win with a coach who can't outsmart his counterpart.

Ironic as it is and as sad as it is to say it -- I'm sorry coach.. but "I want winners." And you're not one of them.
  • 8to80
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

Hard to argue the facts!

f**k the stats toward the end of Carr's career he had Andre Johnson and a couple other guys to throw to and he still sucked. Now he comes here and loses the game for us. If Smith plays we win that game point blank period. I don't care about stats, I'll trust my friggin eyes thank you very much.

I agree w/you, that we had a better chance to win today if Smith was playing. But, Smith has been in this offense for a year more than Carr and he has been taking all the practice snaps. But Carr is a better OVERALL QB.

Carr's last year w/Texans, he had a 82.1 QB rating with a 68.3% comp %. That's better than Smith's best season as a pro. Oh yea, I forgot to mention that Carr was sacked 41 times that season which was lower than usual. He holds the record for most sacks in a season w/76. It's hard to get the ball to Andre Johnson when he is double teamed, let alone, when the defense is constantly sacking, knocking you down, and hurrying your throws. He was sacked so much that analysts have created a new term to describe QB's who throw the ball too soon: "The David Carr Syndrome".

[ Edited by 8to80 on Oct 24, 2010 at 16:28:39 ]
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

Hard to argue the facts!

I agree w/you, that we had a better chance to win today if Smith was playing. But, Smith has been in this offense for a year more than Carr and he has been taking all the practice snaps. But Carr is a better OVERALL QB.

Carr's last year w/Texans, he had a 82.1 QB rating with a 68.3% comp %. Oh yea, he was sacked 41 times that season which was lower than usual. He holds the record for most sacks in a season w/76. It's hard to get the ball to Andre Johnson when he is double teamed, let alone, when the defense is constantly sacking, knocking you down, and hurrying your throws.

I'm sorry, I couldn't disagree more. Carr is not a better QB and that clearly showed on the field today. Put Smith on Carr's team that same year and he'd have exceeded Carr's numbers.

We saw what happened with Carr on "Smith's team" today. A big disgusting turd of an effort and a game-changing, game-losing turnover. We saw the coaches petrified to use him at all, and we quickly found out why. As inconsistent as Alex is, Carr is nowhere near his level. I would not shed a single tear if he were released tomorrow.
Originally posted by nanticoke:
Originally posted by mrbusinessman499:
so let me get some things straight here!

people in this zone still support smith??????

annoying huh?

No, it's because the stupid management gave us no choice...David Carr is GARBAGE! Who would bring him in? You are forced to like A Smith...he sux but everyone else is worse...
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

lol how about u take out smiths rookie seasonw here he was what 20 yrs old and his best OL was kwme harris and his best WR was arnaz batttle

we just have found our #1 WR in crabtree before crabs our best WR was our RB gore other than that maybe it was antonio cryant who is a #3 WR everywhere else

bottom line put manning on a team with no o line and pathethic targets he wont have his hall of fame stats now

so why not take out Carr's rookie season ?
If the Niners were an animal, someone decent soul would put it out of its misery...

Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
We any smith

we wouldve won if smith was still in the game

oh ya chief sunswell zrf and fly gtfo for cheering alex's injury

Nobody "cheered" his injury. The guy has been part of this team's downfall. Regardless of where you place him on the list (I list him number 1, you list him lower), no one will argue that he is not part of the problem. Parts of the problem need to be eliminated from this team. It's obvious that Sing has no plans to change course with this team. He's willing to take the entire roster down with him. Smith's injury may be a "blessing in disguise". Need because he got injured, but rather than Sing will NOW be forced to make some changes. Putting in a new QB means tweaking the playbook somewhat to that QB's strength. Clearly, whatever plan SIng had for Smith DID NOT WORK. If you guys cant see this, then I feel sorry for you.

But please, dont make blatant comments that people that dont support SMith were ccheering his injury. No one wants players to get hurt. We were cheering the circumstance that Sing was forced into......thats all.
It's well documented you cheered the first time Smith hurt his shoulder. You were screaming at us that Dilfer was the answer, remember that? You cheered that he got hurt, and then said you were glad because now Dilfer gets to start. Dilfer was a disaster.

Anyone who watches the team understands that Smith is not the only problem.
So sad
"Rookie receivers David Gettis and Brandon LaFell combined for 14 catches for 216 yards and two touchdowns as the Panthers' youngsters proved to be better than the 49ers' secondary in a 23-20 victory that sent the 49ers to their sixth loss in seven games."

http://www.csnbayarea.com/10/24/10/49ers-Notebook-Panthers-Rookie-WRs-Rise-/landing_maiocco_v3.html?blockID=338001&feedID=5936

The secondary was terrible today.

And still way too many holes to fill on this team. No legit pass rusher, terrible corners, no quarterback, offensive line still sucks. I feel stupid for even believing the preseason hype.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
"Rookie receivers David Gettis and Brandon LaFell combined for 14 catches for 216 yards and two touchdowns as the Panthers' youngsters proved to be better than the 49ers' secondary in a 23-20 victory that sent the 49ers to their sixth loss in seven games."

http://www.csnbayarea.com/10/24/10/49ers-Notebook-Panthers-Rookie-WRs-Rise-/landing_maiocco_v3.html?blockID=338001&feedID=5936

And still way too many holes to fill on this team. No legit pass rusher, terrible corners, no quarterback, offensive line still sucks. I feel stupid for even believing the preseason hype.

Clements and Spencer looked terrible today. Getting schooled by rookies. They ought to be ashamed of themselves. Not to make any excuses but there was no pressure either. We need to try stunts, we need to try more blitzes. The team as a whole is way too vanilla.

Seems like the exact same team and exact same plays that we saw in the pre-season. ZERO creativity
Originally posted by Thorhawk:

Totally agree...we make any QB look like a Pro-Bowler...just an awful performance...
Share 49ersWebzone