There are 305 users in the forums

Post Game Analysis (vs. Carolina Panthers)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
its pathetic that all anyone can talk about is Smith.

The bitter truth that this game cemented, and that has been the horrible reality of this entire season, is that we overachieved to reach 8-8 last year. We are not a few pieces away from a championship caliber team. We are a mess from the coaching staff on down, and perhaps from the ownership on down, and we are going to have to bring in a lot of new players this offseason.

Our defense is incredibly overrated. Our offensive line is not ready and might have two busts holding down the right side. We have a #2 WR playing as the #1, and no one behind him. We have so many problems, and maybe a lot of them can be fixed by coaching, but this promising season is not only OVER now, it has made it painfully obvious that we are going to need to make major changes in order to become as competitive as we all thought we were going to be.

I couldn't agree more. Everything that this season was riding on has fallen apart. Absolutely nothing has gone right. Not the defense, not the QB, not the OC, nor even the HC.

I absolutely agree that this season is evidence that a whole bunch of coaches are needed to be relieved and a full coaching staff replacement is necessary.

*sigh* it never crossed my mind that we would be 1-6 and likely heading into 1-7 by the bye week. What a disaster of a season. Further proof of how meaningless winning preseason games are.

-9fA

I agree with you 2 100%, and have been saying some of this stuff for a while but all anyone wants to do is whine about 1 person here or 1 person there. The whole group is just bad, the whole team is just bad, we have some talent but it's not even being used correctly and we need to just revamp and reevaluate everything. So frustrating.
This ENTIRE season falls on nobody other than the coach.

I have never ever seen a more clear example of poor coaching than i have seen this year.

The players adopt the personality of the coach. everybody noes this. If the coach doesn't give the team a margin to succeed, then the players WON'T SUCCEED.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
that pass from Carr that Ginn alligator-armed? Anyone else see that? That was pretty bad. Does anyone have a gif of that? It should become a webzone classic....
Originally posted by Shaj:
that pass from Carr that Ginn alligator-armed? Anyone else see that? That was pretty bad. Does anyone have a gif of that? It should become a webzone classic....

haha I saw that. But it was an awful pass that was gonna get him DeSean Jacksoned. I don't blame him, especially if it wasn't gonna be a first down. I don't remember if it was or not.
Soooo when receivers alligator arm passes from Smith it is all his fault. When the receivers alligator arm passes from Carr it is a webzone classic

DOUBLE STANDARD!!!
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by backontop:
Soooo when receivers alligator arm passes from Smith it is all his fault. When the receivers alligator arm passes from Carr it is a webzone classic

DOUBLE STANDARD!!!

I haven't seen anyone alligator arm Smith's passes. More often, I've seen them have to do a rendition of plastic man to try and catch them.
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:

haha I saw that. But it was an awful pass that was gonna get him DeSean Jacksoned. I don't blame him, especially if it wasn't gonna be a first down. I don't remember if it was or not.

agreed
smith alligator throws it? nah dont think so bud.

DOUBLE STANDARD!!!

I haven't seen anyone alligator arm Smith's passes. More often, I've seen them have to do a rendition of plastic man to try and catch them.

Who can forget this classic

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a368/amono21/lloyd_ducks.gif

[ Edited by AZ9erfan520 on Oct 25, 2010 at 14:40:00 ]

DOUBLE STANDARD!!!

Oh come on. That pass by Carr was horrible; there was no way any receiver would have caught it. It was high and behind him, and had he tried to even reach for it he would have gotten killed. Ginn obviously wanted no part of it.

DOUBLE STANDARD!!!

Morgan has been alligator arming passes all season. Passes that are perfectly catchable. But I am not going to turn this into another Smith thread.

I think that Ginn realized catching the ball would have had him on the MR list for the rest of season.
The pass sucked but Ginn's effort was even worse. He followed that up with a couple of slide jobs on returns trying to avoid contact.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
I can't believe my Ginn Alligator Arm thread was merged into this. overzealous modding.
I can't believe my Ginn Alligator Arm thread was merged into this. overzealous modding.

revolt!!!! Rise up and take back your thread.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame

revolt!!!! Rise up and take back your thread.

sometimes modding is confused with 'housekeeping'. it results in monolithic mega threads where all the independently meaningful sub-topics get unceremoniously lumped together like laundry. The result of this housekeeping is that NT will look nice and pretty with a bow on it, but lots of meaningful conversations get submerged, diffused, and lost in the process.
Share 49ersWebzone