LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 255 users in the forums

How do we right the ship in the middle of the perfect storm?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by father49er:
Time to bring in a real head coach. Jon Gruden please.

I agree. NO COLLEGE COACHES. NO INEXPERIENCED COACHES.

We NEED coaches with WINNING/CHAMPIONSHIP backgrounds.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:

The problem with Gruden is he isn't that good, sure he went to championship games, but once the teams had more of the players he picked than the ones he inherited, he sucked and then he was let go. There have to be better coaches than him out there.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:

The problem with Gruden is he isn't that good, sure he went to championship games, but once the teams had more of the players he picked than the ones he inherited, he sucked and then he was let go. There have to be better coaches than him out there.

This is why I think Gruden will be good for us. We have a good group of young players, not counting the QB, and we need a coach that has coached championship teams with winning game plans to lead them.
Originally posted by rawdel:
Originally posted by rk1642:
Its all about the little things for us right now.

No pass protection

No push or open holes for Frank to run thru - hes not going to make the whole season at this pace.

Smith has to clean up the tipped balls - ints.

Better seperation for our WR's

Offense game plan was better today but must go down the field more often.

How about planned roll outs with a flooded zone for once that way the defenders must hang back to cover and then if nobody gets open Smith can run.

On defense, we play well but in tight spots we always fold!

I blame alot of that on the DC for playing a form of prevent. Lets go all out and force the issue and if we get beat, fine but make something happen and not just play not to lose.

Sorry my friend, but these are BIG problems. A QB with no touch or accuracy, a running back with no holes?? Offensive game plan better? We didn't score a single point on offense since the opening drive. The D is what kept us in the game. Holding an explosive offense to 16 points is good. Especially when two field goals were off Alex Smith INT's
I honestly don't see the harm in playing Troy or Davis

Carr will basically be the same as Smith
How do we right the ship in the middle of the perfect storm? Did you watch the movie with Clooney and Wahlberg? The ship went down...
How do we right the ship in the middle of the perfect storm? Did you watch the movie with Clooney and Wahlberg? The ship went down...

At least that ship going down helped to inspire New England's lobstermen. Our ship inspires Sing to say he's happy with the way Smith plays.
Originally posted by kstolai:

At least that ship going down helped to inspire New England's lobstermen. Our ship inspires Sing to say he's happy with the way Smith plays.

If you saw the clip of Sing on one knee after Bryant made the FG to close the game, you would know that Sing has absolutely no inspiration. He had the look of a broken man. Lets just see if he's as honorable as he claims and does career hari-cari and resigns...

Yah, Sing will hang in and go down with the ship. Jed & Co. have 13 weeks to prepare for changes at year end. January 3, 2011 we start over again. Do we have any hope that he'll know how to get it right this time?
Originally posted by Maui9er:
We're in rough waters my friends. Players jumping overboard. Coaches and GM's forced to walk the plank. Offense can't score, defense can't stop scores, special teams can't catch punts nor cover punt returners. Captain of the ship in need of temper management and navigating 101. We were in rough waters before; 1979 Joe Thomas GM storm - Bill Walsh sails us to calm waters and the treasure chests; 2003 Terry Donahue storm - Mike Noland shiprecks; Mike Singletary - ?

How do we get proactive before the ship sinks? You've got Jed York's ear. What do you tell him? Is it time to hire an old warhorse footman to consult with the young prince? How do we get out of these rough waters safely and back to the home lands, the playoffs and super bowls?

A swift kick in Sing's and Smith's balls should do it.
[ Edited by ObePwnD on Oct 3, 2010 at 6:09 PM ]

Yah, Sing will hang in and go down with the ship. Jed & Co. have 13 weeks to prepare for changes at year end. January 3, 2011 we start over again. Do we have any hope that he'll know how to get it right this time?

With the Yorks track record... Good luck.
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
We're in rough waters my friends. Players jumping overboard. Coaches and GM's forced to walk the plank. Offense can't score, defense can't stop scores, special teams can't catch punts nor cover punt returners. Captain of the ship in need of temper management and navigating 101. We were in rough waters before; 1979 Joe Thomas GM storm - Bill Walsh sails us to calm waters and the treasure chests; 2003 Terry Donahue storm - Mike Noland shiprecks; Mike Singletary - ?

How do we get proactive before the ship sinks? You've got Jed York's ear. What do you tell him? Is it time to hire an old warhorse footman to consult with the young prince? How do we get out of these rough waters safely and back to the home lands, the playoffs and super bowls?

A swift kick in Sing's and Smith balls should do it.

lol
Share 49ersWebzone