LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 308 users in the forums

How do we right the ship in the middle of the perfect storm?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
You can fix this. It just won't happen on this team.

1) Better owners with a clue.
2) Experienced strong football guy GM.
3) Proven winner offensive minded coach like Harbaugh.
4) Better QB.
5) CB's that don't jump routes so much.

It's fixable alright. Just not here. This organization doesn't have the will and doesn't know the way. It could be 20 more years...
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

4) Better QB.

It's fixable alright. Just not here. This organization doesn't have the will and doesn't know the way. It could be 20 more years...

Man this would suck
Originally posted by kstolai:

4) Better QB.

Man this would suck

It could easily happen. Do you see this current regime honestly making those changes?

4) Better QB.

Man this would suck

It could easily happen. Do you see this current regime honestly making those changes?

This org sucks donkey d*** rite now. I wonder if Jed "Boy Wonder" York has the marbles to sit Mike "Mad Eye" Singletary down in a cold Santa Clara room tomorrow morning and give him his walking papers???
Originally posted by rawdel:

4) Better QB.

Man this would suck

This org sucks donkey d*** rite now. I wonder if Jed "Boy Wonder" York has the marbles to sit Mike "Mad Eye" Singletary down in a cold Santa Clara room tomorrow morning and give him his walking papers???

They have excellent value on coach Singletary. What does he have 2 1/2 years left? The Yorks don't want to pay that out and hire another new guy at a real high salary. It's just not going to happen. They would probably stick with him until 0 - 8 and then it will be unproven, inexperienced, defensive minded interim coach Manusky...

4) Better QB.

Man this would suck

They have excellent value on coach Singletary. What does he have 2 1/2 years left? The Yorks don't want to pay that out and hire another new guy at a real high salary. It's just not going to happen. They would probably stick with him until 0 - 8 and then it will be unproven, inexperienced, defensive minded interim coach Manusky...

At this point, something major has to change this week. I'll settle for benching Alex. I know Carr isn't much of an upgrade but somebody has to face the guillotine...
Its all about the little things for us right now.

No pass protection

No push or open holes for Frank to run thru - hes not going to make the whole season at this pace.

Smith has to clean up the tipped balls - ints.

Better seperation for our WR's

Offense game plan was better today but must go down the field more often.

How about planned roll outs with a flooded zone for once that way the defenders must hang back to cover and then if nobody gets open Smith can run.

On defense, we play well but in tight spots we always fold!

I blame alot of that on the DC for playing a form of prevent. Lets go all out and force the issue and if we get beat, fine but make something happen and not just play not to lose.
Originally posted by rk1642:

No pass protection

No push or open holes for Frank to run thru - hes not going to make the whole season at this pace.

How about planned roll outs with a flooded zone for once that way the defenders must hang back to cover and then if nobody gets open Smith can run.

I blame alot of that on the DC for playing a form of prevent. Lets go all out and force the issue and if we get beat, fine but make something happen and not just play not to lose.

Sorry my friend, but these are BIG problems. A QB with no touch or accuracy, a running back with no holes?? Offensive game plan better? We didn't score a single point on offense since the opening drive. The D is what kept us in the game. Holding an explosive offense to 16 points is good. Especially when two field goals were off Alex Smith INT's

No pass protection

Sorry my friend, but these are BIG problems. A QB with no touch or accuracy, a running back with no holes?? Offensive game plan better? We didn't score a single point on offense since the opening drive. The D is what kept us in the game. Holding an explosive offense to 16 points is good. Especially when two field goals were off Alex Smith INT's

Granted the offense and Alex did a bad job today but we did have a lead with 3 minutes to go didn't we.

We their offense on a 3rd and 15 on their own 10 yard line with 3 minutes to go. Now you tell me if a good team/defense like the Steelers, Jets, Ravens, etc. doesn't stop the other team right then and there and win that game. Instead, we let them drive right down the field just like in the Saints game but in this case someone makes a play. Then that someone doesn't do the smart thing and hold onto the ball. Wait theres more, we let them drive down the field once again and kick the game winner.

So lets get this straight the D played better than the O today but they played just a big a part in this loss, period.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Axl49:
Fight to bring in Bill Parcells

Fight who ?

Parcells working for the Yorks. Yeah, that'll happen.

LOL!

I think we will be fine. They need to diversify more on offense. Gore needs breaks, put westbrook and gore in the backfield together. Get the ball into the playmakers hands. My biggest concern right now is the offensive line. They are young and inexperienced.

I really don't know what everyone expected from this offense. It takes a year for a line to gel. They are not great at run blocking and suck at pass blocking!!!!!

No pass protection

Granted the offense and Alex did a bad job today but we did have a lead with 3 minutes to go didn't we.

We their offense on a 3rd and 15 on their own 10 yard line with 3 minutes to go. Now you tell me if a good team/defense like the Steelers, Jets, Ravens, etc. doesn't stop the other team right then and there and win that game. Instead, we let them drive right down the field just like in the Saints game but in this case someone makes a play. Then that someone doesn't do the smart thing and hold onto the ball. Wait theres more, we let them drive down the field once again and kick the game winner.

So lets get this straight the D played better than the O today but they played just a big a part in this loss, period.

Can't argue with that. Our team sucks major right now. Our D is supposed to be the bright spot and right now it's just a dim bulb... FML
Its tough to say. I mean obviously we have to put ourselves in a position to rebuild and draft/sign a QB next year. No question. As far as this year...I mean who knows. Unfortunately Alex is the best option but that's not saying much. We have to at least consider a QB change. Just based on principle. Although I think the staff is thinking the season is still early and we're (pathetically) still in the hunt as far as the division goes.

It's like we're living in a sewer full of sht but our head is still above the filthy water.

• KID9R
  • Veteran
Cheer for Buffalo
Time to bring in a real head coach. Jon Gruden please.
Share 49ersWebzone