LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 229 users in the forums

How do we right the ship in the middle of the perfect storm?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We are one blow out game away this weekend from total implosion
This organization is truly screwed until we get new/rich and powerful owners (which will never happen).

-The Yorks are so dysfunctional and unprofessional that I doubt any well-suited front-office director/GM/coach would even want to come here unless he was being payed a quarter of 12 million dollars (as a security deposit)...

But... even if we manage to get a Parcells-like dude he will rack up the spending cause he'll bring in a high quality head coach, high quality assistant coaches, high quality personnel/assistants/front-office members (cause all the trash that's already here would 'for sure' be gutted) and that would be a HUGE 'NO NO' to the Yorks!
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Axl49:
Fight to bring in Bill Parcells

Fight who ?

Parcells working for the Yorks. Yeah, that'll happen.

haha you're right that does sound ridiculous
Originally posted by jays9ers:
We are one blow out game away this weekend from total implosion

maybe it's what we truly need to rid ourselves from the Nolan/McCloughan era
  • Envy
  • Veteran
Bring back the WCO. The world will right itself after that.
"wonder pets, wonder pets, we're on our way, to save a friend and save the day. we're not too big and we're not too tough, but when we work together, we got the right stuff. goooooooo wonder pets, yaaaaaay!"

that lil song has more inspiration that any of sing's motivational jibberish at this point!

ya got that 49ers, ya got that!!!?

"when we work together, we got the right stuff"
[ Edited by seeking6th on Oct 2, 2010 at 2:54 PM ]
I don't think it's possible because IMHO Singletary is close to losing the entire team. If I am Jed York I would publically acknowledge that Sing is on the hot seat. Even tho it's midseason, I think this is ok because I don't see us finishing higher than 8-8 anyways so it's a no lose situation.

This allows other REAL FOOTBALL personnel to start thinking about working for the Niners. By doing this on a proactive basis, it hopefully keeps the Yorks from making a last minute kneejerk reactions.

Also, let it be known early that the York's are NOT afraid of paying top dollar for both a new head coach and GM.

This might not be the answer that you are seeking but I think it's the best move right now.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Parcells , Holmgren , whomever else you guys are jock riding on name only purposes haven't proceeded to do sh*t with their teams.

We just need our offense to click.

Our d isn't that bad at all.

Our offense is the foundation of winning right now.

We can't win if we can't score.THAT'S THE PROBLEM.
Smith should call his own plays and audibles, that way nobody can blame coaches anymore.

I think he should be given that option. This is the 2nd year and the only continuity A. Smith has had in any offense. Mike Johnson isn't going to change the playbook, just how plays are called and how he utilizes his personnel. I believe that Smith knows the offense, and is making good decisions with the ball....however, execution and protection is what is needed for any kind of success.
At this point the only hope is to ride it out, hope the oline gels and the offense comes around. Chilo has been a major disappointment thus far, when he has been in the line has sucked, so the offense has stalled. When he was out for the NO game, we marched the ball up and down the field. Maybe when Heitman is back we put him at RG, he was good there before Newberry was hurt.
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:

+

+

nice

How do we right the ship in the middle of the perfect storm?

drown in a drink to numb our pain
easy fix smith. every game atleast 1 int. j t o sullivan anyone
Hire a football mind, fire the motivator.
Mid season - we don't.

HUGE changes in the off season however.
move the team to LA.
Share 49ersWebzone