There are 254 users in the forums

If we go 1-7 we should let Nate Davis finish the year as the Starting QB

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by jta854:
Originally posted by pd24:
Originally posted by jreff22:
PS QB does not = Answer

We have a PS coach that alot of people thought was the answer. The PS coach is they guy that decided to cut this QB who was played as good or better than any QB that is on our roster. Sice Sing isn't a good coach and knows nothing about offense or the QB position, I don't take his decision seriously. Sing needed to put himself on the PS.

What about how the other 31 teams passed on him?

Honestly, if we cut Smith I think 31 teams would pass on him too. That doesn't mean one is better then the other. But if Smith continues to flop, why not see what else we have to work with?
just bc were one and 7, we dont go and throw and practice squad player in there, hes not going to be successful in the nfl, everyone needs to get up off his nuts, this isnt madden, you cant just put in the guy you think is cool and win games...i think that alex smith's lease on an nfl career is just about up and we need to address that in the offseason, but that doesnt mean we throw nate davis in to play a meaningless second half of the season....he is not on the active roster for a reason, the only way he plays is if the 3 qbs in front of him go down
Originally posted by JBatta49erfansince81:
PS QB does not = Answer

We have a PS coach that alot of people thought was the answer. The PS coach is they guy that decided to cut this QB who was played as good or better than any QB that is on our roster. Sice Sing isn't a good coach and knows nothing about offense or the QB position, I don't take his decision seriously. Sing needed to put himself on the PS.

Honestly, if we cut Smith I think 31 teams would pass on him too. That doesn't mean one is better then the other. But if Smith continues to flop, why not see what else we have to work with?

Then honestly you don't know the NFL.
If we are 1-7 then this is what we should do:
1. Start Nate Davis
2. Start Taylor Mays
3. Start Snyder for Rachal
4. Get Rid of Sing
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
BUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

are we laughing at 0-3? Alex Smith? Or that we have a real shot at being 1-7 or 0-8?

Playing Nate Davis, I presume.

I don't see how it is funny, when ther isn't a clear cut better option at QB.

You're wrong there. Alex Smith>>>>> David Carr >>>>> Troy Smith >>>>> Nate Davis.

SERIOUS ANSWER HERE:

Why would you throw a practice squad QB that cleared waivers, which MEANS ALL OTHER 31 TEAMS thought he was garbage, and start him over two other guys (Carr and Smith) who are better options.

This mancrush for Nate Davis has got to stop. The guy has a cannon of an arm but lacks the awareness and the mental process to call a good game.

Therefore:

BUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he has a better feel for the game than any Qb on our team, you can't teach that. I think he starts some games for us this year, if we are out of it. Hill was once an undrafted practice squad player and started for us.

Did you watch the last game he played in preseason?! His performance totally goes against what you are saying. He sucked. He didn't call the right protection. He called the wrong audibles. He was just "winging" it... that doesn't show that he has a "better feel" for the game.

This guy sucks and he's the 4th best option on the team. I don't know why you would want him starting, unless you want the team to go 0-8 and get the first pick of the draft.

Apparently, no different than what our coaches do

Other teams didnt want davis cuz of his learning disability and they didnt want to bother with waiting for him to catch up to everybody else on the team. If we throw the season away we might as well see once and for all what he has in him
Might as well throw him out there for 8 real games and see what we have. If he is as good as some people think he can be, we wouldn't have to spend a 1st round pick on a QB and can adress the CB position or get a legit pass rusher.

It would be better than throwing Carr or T. Smith in there.

Thoughts?

I agree. let's see what the kid has. This season is just about off the cliff anyway.
fail
Plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz lock before someone gets hurt
lock lock lock untill it actually happens were 0 and 3 people were in a weak division i swear all the negativity comes from there fans
no we should fire our HC if we lose two more prior to break or if BM lets out another stinker like KC.

Might as well throw him out there for 8 real games and see what we have. If he is as good as some people think he can be, we wouldn't have to spend a 1st round pick on a QB and can adress the CB position or get a legit pass rusher.

It would be better than throwing Carr or T. Smith in there.

Thoughts?

If we are 1-7 I wouldn't mind seeing what Carr/Davis have the last bit of the season because it would be nice to know if we need to draft a QB or pickup/trade for a vet. I doubt we will go 1-7 though. I think we all are over reacting. Maybe we won't be a 9, 10, 11 win team but we aren't a 2, 3, 4, 5 win team either. I'd be shocked if we don't win more than 6 games with the talent we have.
Originally posted by 5timechamps:
nate davis should not even be on the team.

Yeah because our team is just loaded with great talent(especially at the QB position)....
Originally posted by jrg:
Hey guys, theres a reason this guy is a practice squad player..quit sucking his dick already because he looked flashy in a few pre season games.

The reason is we have a Head Coach that doesn't know a thing about coaching. He would rather be preaching than coaching.

I don't think we should look at any of his moves as being good for the team.
PS QB does not = Answer

If Trent Edwards got picked up, I'm sure Alex Smith will get picked up. This pretty much shows what you know...
PS QB does not = Answer

If Trent Edwards got picked up, I'm sure Alex Smith will get picked up. This pretty much shows what you know...

I am sure he would get picked up. There are worse starting QBs in the league so he would have a shot at starting and for sure being a backup. If we don't sign him at the end of the year it will be weird seeing him in another uniform.
Share 49ersWebzone