LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 306 users in the forums

If we go 1-7 we should let Nate Davis finish the year as the Starting QB

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Might as well throw him out there for 8 real games and see what we have. If he is as good as some people think he can be, we wouldn't have to spend a 1st round pick on a QB and can adress the CB position or get a legit pass rusher.

It would be better than throwing Carr or T. Smith in there.

Thoughts?
PS QB does not = Answer
Davis is on the PS. I highly doubt we even see him at all this year, unless they somehow bring him up...
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:
PS QB does not = Answer

We have a PS coach that alot of people thought was the answer. The PS coach is they guy that decided to cut this QB who was played as good or better than any QB that is on our roster. Sice Sing isn't a good coach and knows nothing about offense or the QB position, I don't take his decision seriously. Sing needed to put himself on the PS.
Originally posted by pd24:
PS QB does not = Answer

We have a PS coach that alot of people thought was the answer. The PS coach is they guy that decided to cut this QB who was played as good or better than any QB that is on our roster. Sice Sing isn't a good coach and knows nothing about offense or the QB position, I don't take his decision seriously. Sing needed to put himself on the PS.

What about how the other 31 teams passed on him?
if we go 1-7, we can still win the last 8 games in a row
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jta854:
PS QB does not = Answer

What about how we made Alex Smith the 1st player taken in the draft, and the raiders doing the same with JaMarcus Russell. What about Romo not getting drafted or the other 31 teams passing on tom Brady?
No, he really needs more time preparing. Perhaps I could see getting him in for some snaps late in games or the season just for exposure but that is about it.
Here we go again...

Nate BLOWS

If anything, Troy should get a shot
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Sing's job is on the line. There is no way he will throw an unknown out there to see what happens. He needs to win games to keep his job.

For goodness sake.........please put Nate Davis in.........I beg you whoever makes that decision to put the man in at QB.........gees louise
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Shaj:
Sing's job is on the line. There is no way he will throw an unknown out there to see what happens. He needs to win games to keep his job.

if we are 1-7, that means he isn't winning games.
If we are down 1-7, then we obviously need a change. I don't know which change. I don't recall ever seeing the other Smith, for example. I would expect the team to play whichever qb looked best equipped to turn the season round.

Obvious, surely?
LOL....Is it just me or do people keep forgeting that Nate Davis is currently FOURTH on the depth chart, not second.

I like Nate Davis...in fact a made a video of him from last preseason for youtube, but its clear the franchise isn't as high on him as we fans are.
Originally posted by jta854:
PS QB does not = Answer

No team is going to take a Project that has difficulty learning offenses right after the season starts. When the smoke clears he will be plucked off the Practice Squad, probably from the Redskins.

If we were smart we should throw him in and see if he can thrive in the real game. I believe he can but the truth will set us free.
Share 49ersWebzone