There are 207 users in the forums

Lowell Cohn's new column

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Fast post, I was just going to make a thread, and I rarely do that, because.. I saw NOTHING that was not true or not needed to get done. talk about hitting a nail on the head.

I have to admit I'm reading this and a smile starts to spread across my mug, then as I get to the end I'm almost laughing. It's like I'm reading my own mind and thinking, what must the A Smith supporters be thinking, what rebuttal could they possibly come up with, what?

The Niners problems are so transparent, so easy to see. But as Cohn says, even ownership is substandard so how can any decent changes be made? We are going to have to rely on some big time luck at the end of the season, hoping that a few things can get sorted so our team can use what talent is has, develop new talent coming in and put an organizational structure in place that gets Cred/respect in the NFL..

Which will, lead to Wins... Help us please football Gods!
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
Fast post, I was just going to make a thread, and I rarely do that, because.. I saw NOTHING that was not true or not needed to get done. talk about hitting a nail on the head.

I have to admit I'm reading this and a smile starts to spread across my mug, then as I get to the end I'm almost laughing. It's like I'm reading my own mind and thinking, what must the A Smith supporters be thinking, what rebuttal could they possibly come up with, what?
The Niners problems are so transparent, so easy to see. But as Cohn says, even ownership is substandard so how can any decent changes be made? We are going to have to rely on some big time luck at the end of the season, hoping that a few things can get sorted so our team can use what talent is has, develop new talent coming in and put an organizational structure in place that gets Cred/respect in the NFL..

Is that all you ever think about? You know it's bad to be obsessed about about a bunch of "nemesises" or whatever you call them on an internet forum right?
First, the 9ers aren't EVER going to move to LA. As I have said b4 the NFL won't allow it. But If the Yorks were to just pick up and leave the bay area the NFL would make sure that the Yorks leave the History, the Colors, and the Name, "San Francisco 49ers" in SF.

Secondly Mr. Ed Roski's Firm Requirement for ANY team moving into his proposed Stadium in LA is that he becomes a Full Vested Partner in their Franchise. Now if you think that the York Family is going to take on a Partner in their NFL Franchise, I've got a bridge to sell to you in Death Valley. The Yorks won't even employ Mr. DeBartolo's help in Santa Clara!
[ Edited by 9erB4Us on Nov 11, 2010 at 1:14 AM ]
  • nooj
  • Veteran
DUMP YORK, im ready
No short cuts, he does not get paid by the Establishment that's for sure. His column sums up the 49er organization top to bottomless.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

Is that all you ever think about? You know it's bad to be obsessed about about a bunch of "nemesises" or whatever you call them on an internet forum right?

I actually felt bad for him when I read his post. It seems like message boarding has got the best of a few people.
Originally posted by binary2nd:

I actually felt bad for him when I read his post. It seems like message boarding has got the best of a few people.

Two... ahh ten year olds but wit one thought; I'm so cool sittin behind my keyboard! Not.........ever...... you know nothing.
Originally posted by area49:
Originally posted by SJniner7:
"The Prince finally needs to get it right. If he does, good for him. If he can't get it right, he will have to fire Singletary and get a new offensive coordinator and a new quarterback, and then start all over again from the beginning. If it comes to that, he and Dad should just sell the team."

I am confused on what exactly he means by "getting it right"? Does he mean if Johnson works out, which had nothing to do with him? Or is he suggesting that Sing would be fired and hire a legitimate coach if the Niners fall hard?

Johnson is Sing's last ditch effort, and could make or break his job. This is similar to how Smith is going to make or break our season.

I agree with the hiring of Sing, as it seemed he was just given the job following half of 2008. We should have at least waited and seen what would come available. You guys all talk like "selling" the team is the answer.

My fears would be moving the team or even selling to a worse owner than we currently have. Trust me, there are worst owners than the Yorks...

There are no owners worse than the Yorks, and moving the team would be nothing short of a blessing.

moving the team??? STOP POSTING!!
Originally posted by TheVoiceOfReason:
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
The truth hurts!
Cohn's analysis is dead on. Too bad he didn't offer any alternatives to shoot down...

you know Roy williams for the cowboys said it best i think..The coaches arnt there blocking,throwing,catching,running the ball the players are.I just dont get why everyone is after Sings head i mean everyone loved him just a year ago..Raye was a retard I do agree with that but I think we finished that problem..Watch we win vs the Rams Sunday..GO NINERS!!!!
Originally posted by Faithfullsince94:
you know Roy williams for the cowboys said it best i think..The coaches arnt there blocking,throwing,catching,running the ball the players are.I just dont get why everyone is after Sings head i mean everyone loved him just a year ago..Raye was a retard I do agree with that but I think we finished that problem..Watch we win vs the Rams Sunday..GO NINERS!!!!

It's true the coaches aren't out there blocking, catching, running, etc. But out of all the sports, I think football is the only one where coaching really makes a difference in the game. In all the other sports, it's mostly about the skill of the players. In football, the coach's schemes, philosophy and game plan actually makes a difference. (At least in relation to other sports.) That's why it's such a great game. The coaches actually have this "chess game" going and it makes a very real difference on the field.
Originally posted by DownInTheCity:
Originally posted by Faithfullsince94:

It's true the coaches aren't out there blocking, catching, running, etc. But out of all the sports, I think football is the only one where coaching really makes a difference in the game. In all the other sports, it's mostly about the skill of the players. In football, the coach's schemes, philosophy and game plan actually makes a difference. (At least in relation to other sports.) That's why it's such a great game. The coaches actually have this "chess game" going and it makes a very real difference on the field.

I like the chess comparison to football as I do feel that the head coach is the player. Just like chess, you have to put the players in position to make plays. Much of chess is the setup, and getting the pieces in position to go for the kill. If our HC cannot get the players in the correct position to make plays (i.e. proper scheme, gameplanning, etc.), their chance at success is dramatically reduced.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by binary2nd:

Two... ahh ten year olds but wit one thought; I'm so cool sittin behind my keyboard! Not.........ever...... you know nothing.

Wow, way to prove a point, Bali-Niner.

f**k all this frustration about our team and how it's turning us against each other. Too many smart people on here for that. There are so many more constructive things we could do if we all really managed to get along and worked toward a common goal.

So... how do we get the Yorks to sell the team to Steve and Brent? We know how stubborn they are... we know who's really in charge and she doesn't have a penis... I think. Hmm... f**k, I just woke up, my brain takes at least an hour to get up to speed.

You three. Yeah, you guys being silly and poking fun at each other that I just quoted, get started on this s**t right away while my brain powers up. kk?

EDIT: See? Stupid brain won't even let me quote a damn post right the first time yet.
[ Edited by Wodwo on Nov 11, 2010 at 10:27 AM ]
  • SFGem
  • Veteran
is it really necessary to quote one another so much? this thread looks like the olympics of quoting. everyone read the other person's quote and reposting that quote 5 times doesn't make your argument more valid.
Share 49ersWebzone