There are 53 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Lowell Cohn's new column

Originally posted by Shaj:
Summary:

The Niners downfall begins with the Yorks, and has been carried out by their heir, Jed York the Prince. Jed rushed into hiring Singletary, when Gruden and Shanahan would be available shortly thereafter. Also, he feels Nolan was a better coach than Sing, because at least Nolan helped with game planning defense, while Sing plays zero part in game planning anything. Sing hired Raye because he said the right things, and the story continuines with yet another unqualified person taking on an important role (first Jed, then Sing, then Raye). Now, we are in a sitution where another unknown person, Mike Johnson, becomes the most important coach in the 49ers. If he succeeds, Sing stays, if he fails, Sing gets fired at year end.


Nice story, and I agree.

agree
Originally posted by area49:
Originally posted by sf49ersx11:
Originally posted by area49:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by area49:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by area49:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by area49:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by area49:
Originally posted by SJniner7:
"The Prince finally needs to get it right. If he does, good for him. If he can't get it right, he will have to fire Singletary and get a new offensive coordinator and a new quarterback, and then start all over again from the beginning. If it comes to that, he and Dad should just sell the team."

I am confused on what exactly he means by "getting it right"? Does he mean if Johnson works out, which had nothing to do with him? Or is he suggesting that Sing would be fired and hire a legitimate coach if the Niners fall hard?

Johnson is Sing's last ditch effort, and could make or break his job. This is similar to how Smith is going to make or break our season.

I agree with the hiring of Sing, as it seemed he was just given the job following half of 2008. We should have at least waited and seen what would come available. You guys all talk like "selling" the team is the answer.

My fears would be moving the team or even selling to a worse owner than we currently have. Trust me, there are worst owners than the Yorks...

There are no owners worse than the Yorks, and moving the team would be nothing short of a blessing.


Seriously, dude, thanks. At least SOMEONE agrees with me. I really think that, if Ed Roski or Larry Ellison just moved this team to LA, it would be able to thrive and have a new identity. Everytime I suggest it here, all I get is "f**k LA".

F**K LA!!!

Wow. What a thoughtful and eloquent rebuttal.

poor suggestions get poor responses.

Again, how is it a poor suggestion when I've laid out various reasons why I think it would be a good idea?

Are you really asking that??

For starters because the team isn't moving to LA. Just because you live close to LA doesn't make it a good idea to move the team down there. Second there is going to be a stadium built in Santa Clara (remember the big vote that happened??) And lastly because F**K LA!!!

No, a vote passed authorizing the construction of the stadium. They still need to get the financing done, which they won't be able to do after this season. Thus, the stadium deal will collapse, and it's bye-bye SF, hello LA.



oh AND

AND













f**k LA

Again, no actual rebuttals. Just a funny YouTube video and "f**k LA".

you request a actual "rebuttal" but your argument has absolutely no ground at all, just what you hope is going to happen.

here is what I hope happens- you go a temporary retirement from posting anything regarding the niners moving to LA. If it ends up happening, we will all eat crow and give you praise. Untill then STFU about it. your posts are redundant and have no grounds.
Fast post, I was just going to make a thread, and I rarely do that, because.. I saw NOTHING that was not true or not needed to get done. talk about hitting a nail on the head.

I have to admit I'm reading this and a smile starts to spread across my mug, then as I get to the end I'm almost laughing. It's like I'm reading my own mind and thinking, what must the A Smith supporters be thinking, what rebuttal could they possibly come up with, what?

The Niners problems are so transparent, so easy to see. But as Cohn says, even ownership is substandard so how can any decent changes be made? We are going to have to rely on some big time luck at the end of the season, hoping that a few things can get sorted so our team can use what talent is has, develop new talent coming in and put an organizational structure in place that gets Cred/respect in the NFL..

Which will, lead to Wins... Help us please football Gods!
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
Fast post, I was just going to make a thread, and I rarely do that, because.. I saw NOTHING that was not true or not needed to get done. talk about hitting a nail on the head.

I have to admit I'm reading this and a smile starts to spread across my mug, then as I get to the end I'm almost laughing. It's like I'm reading my own mind and thinking, what must the A Smith supporters be thinking, what rebuttal could they possibly come up with, what?
The Niners problems are so transparent, so easy to see. But as Cohn says, even ownership is substandard so how can any decent changes be made? We are going to have to rely on some big time luck at the end of the season, hoping that a few things can get sorted so our team can use what talent is has, develop new talent coming in and put an organizational structure in place that gets Cred/respect in the NFL..

Which will, lead to Wins... Help us please football Gods!

Is that all you ever think about? You know it's bad to be obsessed about about a bunch of "nemesises" or whatever you call them on an internet forum right?
First, the 9ers aren't EVER going to move to LA. As I have said b4 the NFL won't allow it. But If the Yorks were to just pick up and leave the bay area the NFL would make sure that the Yorks leave the History, the Colors, and the Name, "San Francisco 49ers" in SF.

Secondly Mr. Ed Roski's Firm Requirement for ANY team moving into his proposed Stadium in LA is that he becomes a Full Vested Partner in their Franchise. Now if you think that the York Family is going to take on a Partner in their NFL Franchise, I've got a bridge to sell to you in Death Valley. The Yorks won't even employ Mr. DeBartolo's help in Santa Clara!
[ Edited by 9erB4Us on Nov 11, 2010 at 1:14 AM ]
  • nooj
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 477
DUMP YORK, im ready
No short cuts, he does not get paid by the Establishment that's for sure. His column sums up the 49er organization top to bottomless.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
Fast post, I was just going to make a thread, and I rarely do that, because.. I saw NOTHING that was not true or not needed to get done. talk about hitting a nail on the head.

I have to admit I'm reading this and a smile starts to spread across my mug, then as I get to the end I'm almost laughing. It's like I'm reading my own mind and thinking, what must the A Smith supporters be thinking, what rebuttal could they possibly come up with, what?
The Niners problems are so transparent, so easy to see. But as Cohn says, even ownership is substandard so how can any decent changes be made? We are going to have to rely on some big time luck at the end of the season, hoping that a few things can get sorted so our team can use what talent is has, develop new talent coming in and put an organizational structure in place that gets Cred/respect in the NFL..

Which will, lead to Wins... Help us please football Gods!

Is that all you ever think about? You know it's bad to be obsessed about about a bunch of "nemesises" or whatever you call them on an internet forum right?

I actually felt bad for him when I read his post. It seems like message boarding has got the best of a few people.
Originally posted by binary2nd:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
Fast post, I was just going to make a thread, and I rarely do that, because.. I saw NOTHING that was not true or not needed to get done. talk about hitting a nail on the head.

I have to admit I'm reading this and a smile starts to spread across my mug, then as I get to the end I'm almost laughing. It's like I'm reading my own mind and thinking, what must the A Smith supporters be thinking, what rebuttal could they possibly come up with, what?
The Niners problems are so transparent, so easy to see. But as Cohn says, even ownership is substandard so how can any decent changes be made? We are going to have to rely on some big time luck at the end of the season, hoping that a few things can get sorted so our team can use what talent is has, develop new talent coming in and put an organizational structure in place that gets Cred/respect in the NFL..

Which will, lead to Wins... Help us please football Gods!

Is that all you ever think about? You know it's bad to be obsessed about about a bunch of "nemesises" or whatever you call them on an internet forum right?

I actually felt bad for him when I read his post. It seems like message boarding has got the best of a few people.

Two... ahh ten year olds but wit one thought; I'm so cool sittin behind my keyboard! Not.........ever...... you know nothing.
Originally posted by area49:
Originally posted by SJniner7:
"The Prince finally needs to get it right. If he does, good for him. If he can't get it right, he will have to fire Singletary and get a new offensive coordinator and a new quarterback, and then start all over again from the beginning. If it comes to that, he and Dad should just sell the team."

I am confused on what exactly he means by "getting it right"? Does he mean if Johnson works out, which had nothing to do with him? Or is he suggesting that Sing would be fired and hire a legitimate coach if the Niners fall hard?

Johnson is Sing's last ditch effort, and could make or break his job. This is similar to how Smith is going to make or break our season.

I agree with the hiring of Sing, as it seemed he was just given the job following half of 2008. We should have at least waited and seen what would come available. You guys all talk like "selling" the team is the answer.

My fears would be moving the team or even selling to a worse owner than we currently have. Trust me, there are worst owners than the Yorks...

There are no owners worse than the Yorks, and moving the team would be nothing short of a blessing.

moving the team??? STOP POSTING!!
Originally posted by TheVoiceOfReason:
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
The truth hurts!
Cohn's analysis is dead on. Too bad he didn't offer any alternatives to shoot down...
you know Roy williams for the cowboys said it best i think..The coaches arnt there blocking,throwing,catching,running the ball the players are.I just dont get why everyone is after Sings head i mean everyone loved him just a year ago..Raye was a retard I do agree with that but I think we finished that problem..Watch we win vs the Rams Sunday..GO NINERS!!!!
Originally posted by Faithfullsince94:
you know Roy williams for the cowboys said it best i think..The coaches arnt there blocking,throwing,catching,running the ball the players are.I just dont get why everyone is after Sings head i mean everyone loved him just a year ago..Raye was a retard I do agree with that but I think we finished that problem..Watch we win vs the Rams Sunday..GO NINERS!!!!

It's true the coaches aren't out there blocking, catching, running, etc. But out of all the sports, I think football is the only one where coaching really makes a difference in the game. In all the other sports, it's mostly about the skill of the players. In football, the coach's schemes, philosophy and game plan actually makes a difference. (At least in relation to other sports.) That's why it's such a great game. The coaches actually have this "chess game" going and it makes a very real difference on the field.