LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 231 users in the forums

Lowell Cohn's new column

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SFGem:
is it really necessary to quote one another so much? this thread looks like the olympics of quoting. everyone read the other person's quote and reposting that quote 5 times doesn't make your argument more valid.

Quoting? Who is quoting?
is it really necessary to quote one another so much? this thread looks like the olympics of quoting. everyone read the other person's quote and reposting that quote 5 times doesn't make your argument more valid.

Which post are you referring to?

• SFGem
  • Veteran
b*****ds.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
b*****ds.

I feel you, brother.

I don't know if it's because they don't know how to delete all the posts except the most recent or if they're too lazy to do it.

Either way, it makes scrolling through a thread a pain in the ass.

EDIT: Has it been an hour? Stupid punctuation.
[ Edited by Wodwo on Nov 11, 2010 at 10:54 AM ]
Great moments are born from Great Opportunity!

this was herb brooks, coach of the US Hockey team, opening line of his speech before the team played the Soviet Union in the Olympics.

Remember that Uncle Eddie, got his ass kicked around before he hired Bill Walsh, he told Ron Barr in an interview that he got sick of reading his name in the paper being called a moron, and being booed by the fans.

My question is when does Jed York get tired of getting trashed in the paper and by us the fans. I would imagine even some of his buddies give him crap, and it is my HOPE is that time is NOW! The team is under performing again, it does not the coach staff or temperament to develop offensive skilled QB's.

Jed your time is NOW!! Stop lecturing the fans, on your structure and start planning on change that we all can believe in!! and guess what if you were to do this and come to the fans with a price increase for tickets and what ever he would not take as much Guff!!

One guys opinion!
I don't believe any of it. Sing said he is going to be the greatest coach ever. Who am i to argue with that!
Originally posted by Wodwo:
b*****ds.

I feel you, brother.

I don't know if it's because they don't know how to delete all the posts except the most recent or if they're too lazy to do it.

Either way, it makes scrolling through a thread a pain in the ass.

EDIT: Has it been an hour? Stupid punctuation.

You've been quoted.
Originally posted by sdaddy101269:
Originally posted by 190836:
http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20100927/NEWS/100929505/1057/SPORTS0908?p=all&tc=pgall
I agree with everything he says.

I TOTALLY disagree. The FACT of the matter is this: Eddie D. got ousted as our owner, we hired T. Donahue, fired Mooch and we took Alex Smith as our #1 draft pick. Hindsight being 20-20 if we have a better QB we are a much better team. Not to bash Alex but those are the facts.

With the coaching staffs we have had since Mooch was fired, it wouldn't matter who was at QB. Bet all those whiny b***hes that thought Mooch was crap are singing another tune now.
http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/2010/11/same-qb-but-a-new-look-for-niners-vs-rams.html

Without such background against Denver, the Niners leaned on Gore more heavily than usual. In fact, according to wide receiver Josh Morgan, they didn't stray from their run-first game plan even after the Broncos made the proper halftime adjustments.

Gore (12 carries, 70 yards in the first half) gained 26 yards on 10 third-quarter carries and the 49ers entered the fourth quarter trailing 7-3. San Francisco's final drive of the third quarter was a three-and-out featuring three straight carries by Gore.

"They made their adjustments and they started putting nine and 10 in the box and we're out there in one-on-one coverage," Morgan said. "We've got to throw the ball. They can't check any of us one-on-one, so we've got to throw the ball. It was just obvious at that time, but we kept trying to stick with it, stick with it. But it was like no. It was to that point like 'No, they've got nine in the box.'"

Shouldn't the coaches notice this first and exploit it? Instead of having their players practically revolt.
Originally posted by DownInTheCity:
http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/2010/11/same-qb-but-a-new-look-for-niners-vs-rams.html

Without such background against Denver, the Niners leaned on Gore more heavily than usual. In fact, according to wide receiver Josh Morgan, they didn't stray from their run-first game plan even after the Broncos made the proper halftime adjustments.

Gore (12 carries, 70 yards in the first half) gained 26 yards on 10 third-quarter carries and the 49ers entered the fourth quarter trailing 7-3. San Francisco's final drive of the third quarter was a three-and-out featuring three straight carries by Gore.

"They made their adjustments and they started putting nine and 10 in the box and we're out there in one-on-one coverage," Morgan said. "We've got to throw the ball. They can't check any of us one-on-one, so we've got to throw the ball. It was just obvious at that time, but we kept trying to stick with it, stick with it. But it was like no. It was to that point like 'No, they've got nine in the box.'"

Shouldn't the coaches notice this first and exploit it? Instead of having their players practically revolt.

I believe it all that boils down to one quote...

"When you've got a vision, you have to stick to it." ~Mike Singletary.

This is what leads some to believe Sing has got handcuffs on Mike Johnson.

• Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DownInTheCity:

Nope. Troy Smith needed to show more leadership in the third quarter.

See what I did there? No... probably not... y'know... tying it in with the Cohn article... never mind.

ASSPLODE!
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by verb1der:

Bingo.

Handcuffs. Dropped pants.

Bingo.

hahhaaha

Bingo.

Sad, but true!
Share 49ersWebzone