There are 158 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

ESPN: Smith worst QB in NFC West and getting worse

  • Shemp
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 26,683
1st Place, Matt Hasselbeck (Sideways arrow)

2nd Place, Sam Bradford (Green Arrow pointing up)

3rd Place, Derek Anderson (Sideways arrow)

4th Place, Alex Smith (Red Arrow Pointing Down)

"Smith has thrown three of his five interceptions on third down. He failed to build upon the tying drive he led against New Orleans a week ago. The 49ers have problems beyond Smith right now, but it's tougher to say Smith is part of the solution after a 0-3 start and two horrid road performances. Smith probably remains the 49ers' best option after the team traded away Shaun Hill. But if NFL teams had to choose their starters for Week 4 from the current starters in the division, I don't think Smith would generate much momentum. The 49ers have converted only five times in 32 third-down chances on the road."


Link to ESPN analysis
Originally posted by Shaj:
1st Place, Matt Hasselbeck (Sideways arrow)

2nd Place, Sam Bradford (Green Arrow pointing up)

3rd Place, Derek Anderson (Sideways arrow)

4th Place, Alex Smith (Red Arrow Pointing Down)

"Smith has thrown three of his five interceptions on third down. He failed to build upon the tying drive he led against New Orleans a week ago. The 49ers have problems beyond Smith right now, but it's tougher to say Smith is part of the solution after a 0-3 start and two horrid road performances. Smith probably remains the 49ers' best option after the team traded away Shaun Hill. But if NFL teams had to choose their starters for Week 4 from the current starters in the division, I don't think Smith would generate much momentum. The 49ers have converted only five times in 32 third-down chances on the road."


Link to ESPN analysis

Running up the middle doesn't fix that stat
Glad you had to make a whole thread about it, noob.
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
Glad you had to make a whole thread about it, noob.

how sad is it that a nobody like Derek Anderson is 2-1 and we pay a guy $50 mil to be worse and 0-3 to boot
[ Edited by 49erFaithful6 on Sep 27, 2010 at 9:44 AM ]
he had a serious case of happy feet yesterday! STAND IN THE DAMN POCKET!
Originally posted by maximill15:
he had a serious case of happy feet yesterday! STAND IN THE DAMN POCKET!

dude it was way more than that. kind of hard to stay in the pocket when Chilo & Davis are getting burnt on every snap.
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 26,934
Where does it say "getting worse" ?
Maybe we could sign Trent Edwards and at least have someone else besides Carr to compete against Smith.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Where does it say "getting worse" ?

who cares let shaq say what he wants
Originally posted by maximill15:
he had a serious case of happy feet yesterday! STAND IN THE DAMN POCKET!

WERE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED BY THE FLEA FLICKER, ROLL RIGHT, THROW OUT OF BOUNDS!!!!

Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
Glad you had to make a whole thread about it, noob.

how sad is it that a nobody like Derek Anderson is 2-1 and we pay a guy $50 mil to be worse and 0-3 to boot

Well considering their coaching staff has been to the Super Bowl and we just fired our offensive coordinator for running a predictable and ancient form of football, that is absolutely no way conducive to the success of a QB...?
lol, I remember the thread before the season started stating Alex Smith is easily the best QB in the NFC West..
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
Glad you had to make a whole thread about it, noob.
u mad?
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 26,934
Originally posted by znk916:
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Where does it say "getting worse" ?

who cares let shaq say what he wants

But his thread title is misleading in a way. It does not say getting worse unless he means the red arrow which is an indicator of his stock which is down the week. Last week Smith was number 2 and his stock was up (green arrow pointing up).

It's simply another unnecessary Smith thread. There are enough of those already.
Originally posted by wailers15:
Originally posted by maximill15:
he had a serious case of happy feet yesterday! STAND IN THE DAMN POCKET!

dude it was way more than that. kind of hard to stay in the pocket when Chilo & Davis are getting burnt on every snap.

Really good QBs make something out of nothing sometimes. Smith makes nothing out of something often. Why does everyone else in the NFL see this but somehow the people who have watched for six years can't see it? FORGET THE FACT THAT HE WAS PICKED 1st OVERALL!! It doesn't matter anymore.