Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Where does it say "getting worse" ?

go to the link. It shows a red arrow pointing down, that means getting worse. sideways arrow means staying same, green arrow means getting better. Hasselbeck and Anderson were staying same, Bradford getting better, Smith getting worse.

It means a bad game and his stock fell, but it doesn't mean he is "getting worse". Week 2 his stock shot up because he had a good game. If he happens to have a good game next week he will have the green arrow again.

even if he lights it up, he will not get a green arrow next week due to his game to game inconsistency. the best possible outcome for next week is a sideways arrow. he will need to play very well for 3 or more games straight to get a green upwards arrow.

is this whats its come to GREEN ARROWS!?!

how about Smith starts playing consistently well - not great, not bad... just good enough? He can't even do that after 6 years of trying. If fans don't revolt, nothing will change with this franchise.

edit: crap, I blew my 19,000th post on this?

Are you dense? Revolt?

There really is no fathomable way our QB position gets any better this year. If he sucks, it's almost a given he is done by the years end.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
I WISH we had access to game film that covers the entire field. I'm willing to bet there is at least one person open down field on just about every play that Smith dumps it off for a 2 yard gain.

I've been thinking the exact same thing. Smith has zero balls for throwing down field.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
I WISH we had access to game film that covers the entire field. I'm willing to bet there is at least one person open down field on just about every play that Smith dumps it off for a 2 yard gain.

crabs is wide open here

nice blocking
Originally posted by wailers15:
Originally posted by maximill15:
he had a serious case of happy feet yesterday! STAND IN THE DAMN POCKET!

dude it was way more than that. kind of hard to stay in the pocket when Chilo & Davis are getting burnt on every snap.

true, but there were plenty of times where he could of stepped up and made a throw, instead he'd roll out and check off to gore! DAVIS= KAWME 2.0
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:

crabs is wide open here

nice blocking

You didn't notice the defender that covered him up until the camera couldn't film him anymore but he was still there ready to jump the route
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

I've been thinking the exact same thing. Smith has zero balls for throwing down field.

Maybe...I'm sure the commentators are lying when they say no one was open down-field almost every time when Smith throws a check down.

Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

Maybe...I'm sure the commentators are lying when they say no one was open down-field almost every time when Smith throws a check down.

Ryan did state that Smith was "taking what the Chiefs were giving him."

However, I think that the reality is somewhere in the middle: Our WRs were unable to get open, but Smith also pays conservatively. Plenty of fault to go around.
sometimes, the defense gives you one on one. Sometimes you gotta take a chance. Smith rarely does. Also depends on the situations. if it's 3rd and 10, you're down by 3 TD's, you don't check it down for a 2 yard gain.
sometimes, the defense gives you one on one. Sometimes you gotta take a chance. Smith rarely does. Also depends on the situations. if it's 3rd and 10, you're down by 3 TD's, you don't check it down for a 2 yard gain.

You and I just said the same thing, but in different ways.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

we should make out.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

For that - you have to be able to trust your WRs that they will go up and get the ball or at least make sure that it won't be intercepted. I think it's pretty clear that right now we don't have that WR.
I just wish they would bench Smith already!

Everyone already knows that he is not going to come back next season. What is the point of playing him? Unless he some how makes a comeback and takes the Niners to the playoffs then he comes back, but does anyone actually see that happening?
Smith should be able to trust VD, Morgan and even Ziegler out there. Crabs, I can see why he'd be weary of chucking it up to him.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
Glad you had to make a whole thread about it, noob.

how sad is it that a nobody like Derek Anderson is 2-1 and we pay a guy $50 mil to be worse and 0-3 to boot

granted, he never got all of that $50M.
Share 49ersWebzone