LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 244 users in the forums

Solutions...smart discussion encouraged

Shop Find 49ers gear online
How about actually trying a run to the edge once in a while. Maybe a couple of passes to WRs could help. And if all that fails, try passing the ball when were down by a couple of TDs instead of running it over and over in to a wall...
1. Fire Sing and the Offensive staff and look for a replacement ASAP. Keep Manusky if possible.

2. Evaluate all the options in free agency at QB (Gradkowski, Vick, Kolb, etc) and also draft a rookie QB in the first 2-3 rounds of the draft.

3. Draft more speed at CB and at WR.

4. Until all this happens, start doing a Constanza when game planning. Whatever Raye and Sing propose, just do the opposite.
  • A-R-S
  • Veteran
1. Fire everybody.

2. Beg Jon Gruden to take over.
I agree with everything you have written....

I have been on visiting this website for over many years, never became a member because i don't like to post; howver; everything just changed for me today.
Today's loss was so bad, i had to write, too bad i can start a psot for seven days...

This loss has completely turned me against this staff. Everyone in this staff needs to be given a pink slip. Jerry Sulivan should be fired befre he gets off the plane. this guy has not produced any WR for us. I am sorry, but our WR's suck

Jimmy Raye -- he needs to just plane and simple retire

Sing is just a good motivator -- that is it...

I would love to bring Jon Gruden back home (he was an assistant here many years ago)

seven years in waiting and this is what we get...
Originally posted by A-R-S:
1. Fire everybody.

I'm not sold on Gruden. The players in Tampa were ready to murder him by the end of his tenure. His act wears thin - he's intense and condescending and not really a players coach. Plus I don't think he's available - he's quite happy doing T.V. and working with the NFL and getting paid quite well for it. Why trade that for a 24/7 heart attack waiting to happen when you've already got your ring?
I like some of what you said. I do not want Bill Cowher. He shares a similar philosophy as Sing. He is a D type a guy. I want a Offensive guru as our new HC. I would like to bring WCO back or The Pistol/Spread. The niners were always known for their O. I have loved the niners every since 1985 when the lost to the bears in the nfc championship. Our O has been inept for almost a decade. I want to put points on the board. Enough with this low scoring BS. I think that we need to let Jimmy Raye go immediately. Give the play calling over to Mike Johnson. From what I understand he has a creative young mind and might be able to put a decent O on the field.
  • Sulla
  • Veteran
Agreed. New coaching staff. Week after week they're getting outcoached and outschemed. The time for motivational speaking is over. It worked when Nolan was fired, but now it's worthless. It's about Xs and Os now.

This team does not have a chance if they don't use the spread and hurry-up offense. Everything is too predictable. Please don't be stubborn.
  • A-R-S
  • Veteran
Originally posted by midrdan:
1. Fire everybody.

I'm not sold on Gruden. The players in Tampa were ready to murder him by the end of his tenure. His act wears thin - he's intense and condescending and not really a players coach. Plus I don't think he's available - he's quite happy doing T.V. and working with the NFL and getting paid quite well for it. Why trade that for a 24/7 heart attack waiting to happen when you've already got your ring?

Excellent points.

1. Fire everybody

2. Beg Jim Harbaugh to take over.
1. Fire everybody.

Excellent points.

1. Fire everybody

Excellent idea. I think Harbaugh would accept the job, he's young, he's a player's coach and an offensive-minded coach.
1. Fire everybody.

Excellent points.

1. Fire everybody

Then draft Andrew Luck!!!

Harbaugh would be a good pick up as well, he has NFL experience as a coach & player and he is doing superb job at Stanford.
Harbaugh + Andrew Luck + clean out dead weight would fix us. But you are dreaming if you think York would pay to get that guy. You will have to pay him $5, $6 or $7 Million. And that just isn't going to happen.
Originally posted by greywolf447:
1. Fire everybody.

Excellent points.

1. Fire everybody

Then draft Andrew Luck!!!

Co-signed. It will likely require us to "win" the 1st pick in the draft. The Jags, Bills, Browns, Cards, Raiders, 'Hawks, and Vikings will all likely be targeting a QB in next year's draft. The Bills, Browns, and Jags SHOULD win less games than us, but hey, if Sing stays on as coach through the end of the year there's always hope.
I think quite a few of your ideas have some serious merit...if Singletary goes, Raye goes with him, they seem to be joined at the hip, anyway. I think Gruden makes the most sense...but he'd most likely have to retain most, if not all the current coaches, then bring in his own staff next season. I like Gruden because he understands offense and is a great QB coach. Something drastic needs to happen...to really shake up this organization. But, my gut tells me probably nothing will...at least 'til mid-season. Look at the Chiefs...they weren't very good last year, then they brought in Crennel as DC and Weiss as OC. It's not hard to see their impact. Something like that needs to happen in SF...and soon.
CHUCKY CHUCKY CHUCKY CHUCKY CHUCKY CHUCKY!!!!!!!!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone