LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 145 users in the forums

What do we have to look forward to now

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by SF49erFaithful:
So when do we get to c Troy Smith turn it to Mike Vick for us?

after the way Vick is playing, they wont let him go, 4 sure.

Don't want Vick (I'm a doglover). Just want to c what Troy Smith can give us. Kid was highlight reel @ Ohio St..
cant wait for the draft, best time of the year!
set the record for futility on the road. Blown out by at least 30 every road game.
So sick and tired of waiting for the draft year after year. O yeah. For what another rookie qb to adjust to a brand new system. Or throw him out there like we did with Alex.
  • fly15
  • Veteran

Don't want Vick (I'm a doglover). Just want to c what Troy Smith can give us. Kid was highlight reel @ Ohio St..

well, this is football, not a court.
and T. Smith was good in college, but ever since he's been cut like 37 times
JAKE LOCKER WELCOMING PARTY!!!!
simply put, a new regime. there is no magic scenario where sing fixes this or alex lives up to potential. Sing does not posess the qualities to be a nfl head coach, smith doesn't have what it takes to be a nfl qb. unfortunately now, all it is now is a waiting game for that trigger to be pulled and then to see who gets the gig and does he inspire the fanbase into hoping/believing again....

for me, its a matter of seeing how low and how long will it take for the yorks to fire him. their track record for these things is very bad and if we are to believe things are truly different with jed in control now, for me it will need to be sooner and more decisively then what they did with nolan, what they have done with smith. after that, will the checkbook be opened enuf to bring in someone who does inspire us with the confidence and belief that he will bring the motivation, the x's and o's, the discipline, the complete package that it takes to win. doesn't need to be gruden or cowher allthough both would be welcomed but it does need to be someone i can buy in to.

until this, the losses and even token wins are useless to me. we've stunk for too long now, need to find someone this offseason who can turn the talent he inherits now into wins next season. this isnt a team in need of rebuilding, it needs someone to get it to where sing couldn't.
s**t man once I shake off my anger and disgust, I'll be ready for next week with high hopes! Just because reality is that we're going to suck this season and are most likely looking at a team overhaul in the offseason won't stop me from rooting for them every Sunday! f**k the stupid ass Falcons.
Originally posted by ssahnan:
simply put, a new regime. there is no magic scenario where sing fixes this or alex lives up to potential. Sing does not posess the qualities to be a nfl head coach, smith doesn't have what it takes to be a nfl qb. unfortunately now, all it is now is a waiting game for that trigger to be pulled and then to see who gets the gig and does he inspire the fanbase into hoping/believing again....

for me, its a matter of seeing how low and how long will it take for the yorks to fire him. their track record for these things is very bad and if we are to believe things are truly different with jed in control now, for me it will need to be sooner and more decisively then what they did with nolan, what they have done with smith. after that, will the checkbook be opened enuf to bring in someone who does inspire us with the confidence and belief that he will bring the motivation, the x's and o's, the discipline, the complete package that it takes to win. doesn't need to be gruden or cowher allthough both would be welcomed but it does need to be someone i can buy in to.

until this, the losses and even token wins are useless to me. we've stunk for too long now, need to find someone this offseason who can turn the talent he inherits now into wins next season. this isnt a team in need of rebuilding, it needs someone to get it to where sing couldn't.

100% correct.
Marty Schottenheimer?

Raye, Sing and Smith need to go.

• fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
s**t man once I shake off my anger and disgust, I'll be ready for next week with high hopes! Just because reality is that we're going to suck this season and are most likely looking at a team overhaul in the offseason won't stop me from rooting for them every Sunday! f**k the stupid ass Falcons.

0-4 here we come....

this.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:

0-4 here we come....

Yea, most likely. But damn I won't write them off until they hit the field c'mon now.
Originally posted by skynet907:

this.

People who are doglovers need to get over it. He went went to jail for 2 years. It's not like he's still fighting dogs... and was it proved that he killed them himself? I thought the guys using his house did. It's not like he killed a person like Ray Lewis or Donte Stallworth. The dude's a baller at QB. You would love him when he's putting up Ws on the schedule.
[ Edited by chico49erfan on Sep 26, 2010 at 5:00 PM ]
#1 pick we are on the clock. New head coach and QB.
Share 49ersWebzone