There are 195 users in the forums

What do we have to look forward to now

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
We're 0-3. We almost beat the Saints, at home. We get blown out in both games so far on the road. We have ATL next week, and Vick the week after at home, that we 50/50 could win. Then we have the Raiders.

I just hope we can still have bragging rights in the bay area by beating the Raiders, because even the Raiders could possibly have a better record than us. We have better talent thats for sure, but they take chances at least and their playcalling isn't as absurd as ours.

My thrill to watch the Niners every Sunday has just shot down because its like you know what to expect now. I even have tickets to the Rams game in November.
[ Edited by Baldie on Sep 26, 2010 at 12:47 PM ]
Originally posted by Baldie:
We're 0-3. We almost beat the Saints, at home. We get blown out in both games so far on the road. We have ATL next week, and Vick the week after at home, that we 50/50 could win. Then we have the Raiders.

I just hope we can still have bragging rights in the bay area by beating the Raiders, because even the Raiders could possibly have a better record than us. We have better talent thats for sure, but they take chances at least and their playcalling isn't as absurd as ours.

My thrill to watch the Niners every Sunday has just shot down because its like you know what to expect now.

I hope Singletary is man enough to admit that he does not cut it, no imagination, no clue in game planning, and no smarts as an NFL head coach!
we have the talent we need a new platcaller now we have to let smith air it out and we need some protecction up from im onna get bashed for this but smith didnt have a awful game i would give him a D as a grade but playcalling and coaching was just horrible just like the seahawks game
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
we have the talent we need a new platcaller now we have to let smith air it out and we need some protecction up from im onna get bashed for this but smith didnt have a awful game i would give him a D as a grade but playcalling and coaching was just horrible just like the seahawks game

I agree with you..>Smith wasn't bad....the plays they called in certain situations were just bad. Maybe Smith should have audibiled but we'll never know.

Not sure what game you were watching, but he was off.... plain and simple.
a) The pick was right in the CB's numbers (great pass to the CB by the way). Crabtree did slip, but Smith just put it there. A good QB would see it wasn't open.
b) Pass to Ziegler at goal line should have been lobbed, but instead was a terrible high velocity short throw.
c) I think 50% of his screen passes were off
d) Can you blame tipped balls on Crabtree, Gore, and Morgan? There is one common denominator amongst all of these players. Bad passes from Smith...

I do not care that our backup situation sucks. If Smith resumes his role, he will likely save face against crappy teams. Then we will be stuck with him in 2011. It is obvious he needs to take the money and run all the way home to his hot wife...
2011 draft?

favorite time of the year for crappy franchises
we play in the nfc west. this s**t ain't ovaaaaaaaaaaaa
Looking forward to watching Singletard and Raye get fired.
Hoping that Andrew Luck declares, and that Jed has the sense to hire an offense oriented coach.

I really am serious. I can't see anyway this coaching staff will be able to turn this around. Saying motivational words, or firing up each other will not get it done.
Plain and Simple... We were out coached!
Just look across the sideline and you can see a team with the game plan to exploid our weakness. With the way the team shows up on the road it is likely that we will be 0-4 after the falcons games.

So what I'm really looking forward to is for Jed to show Singlentary the way out.

Member Milestone: This is post number 600 for niner_empire.
TANK! TANK! TANK!
I had previously commented that having played so hard and still losing to the Saints will most likely affect their play today. Most teams that put that much effort trying to beat a good team usually plays flat the next game and this is no exception.

Now to Atlanta where they will probably be 0-4 when it's all over.

Oh well! Back to the drawing board!
Originally posted by Baldie:

I agree with you..>Smith wasn't bad....the plays they called in certain situations were just bad. Maybe Smith should have audibiled but we'll never know.

NOT BAD , WHAT THE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN WATCHING , ALL OF HIS THROWS HIGH OR BEHIND HIS WR !
[ Edited by cNiner on Sep 26, 2010 at 1:09 PM ]
Cardinals, Seahawks, and Rams could lose today, leaving us a game and a half out of 1st.
You look forward to next week. I think the Niners have a better chance next week than versus the Chiefs. I will explain in detail later
Share 49ersWebzone