LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 260 users in the forums

What do we have to look forward to now

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Harbaugh + Andrew Luck = Super Bowl.

You beat me to it. I wouldn't say SuperBowl, but definitely playoffs. Even with a rookie QB. This team is in a position similar to the Steelers in 04 and Ravens in 08 with their rookie QBs then. Talented team only needing a QB to handle the offense.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by al49erfan:
Originally posted by SJniner7:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
we have the talent we need a new platcaller now we have to let smith air it out and we need some protecction up from im onna get bashed for this but smith didnt have a awful game i would give him a D as a grade but playcalling and coaching was just horrible just like the seahawks game

Not sure what game you were watching, but he was off.... plain and simple.
a) The pick was right in the CB's numbers (great pass to the CB by the way). Crabtree did slip, but Smith just put it there. A good QB would see it wasn't open.
b) Pass to Ziegler at goal line should have been lobbed, but instead was a terrible high velocity short throw.
c) I think 50% of his screen passes were off
d) Can you blame tipped balls on Crabtree, Gore, and Morgan? There is one common denominator amongst all of these players. Bad passes from Smith...

I do not care that our backup situation sucks. If Smith resumes his role, he will likely save face against crappy teams. Then we will be stuck with him in 2011. It is obvious he needs to take the money and run all the way home to his hot wife...

That int was not smiths fault. It looked like a timing route and if carbtree had not slipped he would have been there. Alex smith actually threw to an area where crabtree should have been something that he almost never does... i dont give that one on Alex...

I do agree that he played poorly, but so did the o-line, defense, and then the coaching staff did not have the team prepaired...

c'mmon dude, watch the game again, Alex is the problem, he needs to go to the bench
Originally posted by fly15:
we have the talent we need a new platcaller now we have to let smith air it out and we need some protecction up from im onna get bashed for this but smith didnt have a awful game i would give him a D as a grade but playcalling and coaching was just horrible just like the seahawks game

a) The pick was right in the CB's numbers (great pass to the CB by the way). Crabtree did slip, but Smith just put it there. A good QB would see it wasn't open.
b) Pass to Ziegler at goal line should have been lobbed, but instead was a terrible high velocity short throw.
d) Can you blame tipped balls on Crabtree, Gore, and Morgan? There is one common denominator amongst all of these players. Bad passes from Smith...

I do not care that our backup situation sucks. If Smith resumes his role, he will likely save face against crappy teams. Then we will be stuck with him in 2011. It is obvious he needs to take the money and run all the way home to his hot wife...

That int was not smiths fault. It looked like a timing route and if carbtree had not slipped he would have been there. Alex smith actually threw to an area where crabtree should have been something that he almost never does... i dont give that one on Alex...

I do agree that he played poorly, but so did the o-line, defense, and then the coaching staff did not have the team prepaired...

c'mmon dude, watch the game again, Alex is the problem, he needs to go to the bench

I did watch the game dude.... Alex smith struggled I agree. What happens next? Put in David Carr? Like it or not Smith gives us the best chance to win. Carr is horrible, as was said a couple years ago the fans think the best player is the back up QB.

Did you want to bench alex last week? When he has time the team has played well almost had no time and when he did he took what the defense gave him... Is Alex the answer? No he isnt after 6 years it is easy to see. But by putting in david carr it does nothing, unless the line can block and the coaching staff puts the team in position to succeed.
[ Edited by al49erfan on Sep 26, 2010 at 2:51 PM ]
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Harbaugh + Andrew Luck = Super Bowl.

You beat me to it. I wouldn't say SuperBowl, but definitely playoffs. Even with a rookie QB. This team is in a position similar to the Steelers in 04 and Ravens in 08 with their rookie QBs then. Talented team only needing a QB to handle the offense.

I hope so, a got a friend, Pete Hanson who is an old friend of Harbaugh, and is an assistant at Stanford, it could mean field passes, but I bet I would be low on the waiting list, I should have stayed closer to Pete, and not given him so much s**t! Damn

I did watch the game dude.... Alex smith struggled I agree. What happens next? Put in David Carr? Like it or not Smith gives us the best chance to win. Carr is horrible, as was said a couple years ago the fans think the best player is the back up QB.

Did you want to bench alex last week? When he has time the team has played well almost had no time and when he did he took what the defense gave him... Is Alex the answer? No he isnt after 6 years it is easy to see. But by putting in david carr it does nothing, unless the line can block and the coaching staff puts the team in position to succeed.

Let see. HE DID HAVE TWO TDS LAST WEEK; BUT ALSO HAD TWO PICKS AND LOST THE GAME AT HOME. ...BOY how far the mighty has fallen to use a 2TD 2Pick lost as a reason to stay the coarse. I'm sorry, I don't buy play calling as the problem when the QB can call his own plays at anytime.
[ Edited by ttime1 on Sep 26, 2010 at 3:33 PM ]
Originally posted by jk41183:
an EMOTIONAL coach = and EMOTIONAL team, which then = INCONSISTENT FOOTBALL. They play up to their competition and down to their competition. With Singletary as our coach we will never win more than 8 games. FIRE HIM PLEASE and bring someone in that can take advantage of the talent we have!

Interesting point. Bill Walsh felt the same way. He said that you could be "up" for 4 games, would be "down" for 4 games, and you were even-keel for 8 games -- therefore, it was EXECUTION that made you effective. You had to be able to execute regardless of your emotional state. It was what would get you through the tough times.

We currently see none of that. Plus, with this vanilla of an offense, EVERYTHING has to function perfectly for us to succeed.
  • fly15
  • Veteran

best chance to win??
no wonder we're 0-3...
f**king nothing to look forward to. a 0-16 season
just waiting for the week i can sport my jersey after a win.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by defenderDX:
f**king nothing to look forward to. a 0-16 season

draft??

This coaching staff is garbage.

And yes Alex Smith lovers, followers, supporters, excuse makers.
The QB position is garbage as well. Carr is garbage, and Davis is, who the hell knows.

I'm done w/Smith. That's it for me. He did nothing out there today. Nothing.

Hawks? In the game. Rams? in the game. 9ers? Getting a hole stomped in their ass for the second time this year. Weak and completely unacceptable.
Singletary getting canned next week after his team gets blown out 40-3.
So when do we get to c Troy Smith turn it to Mike Vick for us?
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SF49erFaithful:
So when do we get to c Troy Smith turn it to Mike Vick for us?

after the way Vick is playing, they wont let him go, 4 sure.
  • Envy
  • Veteran
Its still early in the season but I'm not optimistic at all. Its been clear to see that this team was fragile. Whilst capable of performances that elevated their potential they were also just one slip up away from falling on their ass.

I'm beginning to lose faith.
Share 49ersWebzone