There are 84 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

"Total Failure"

Man today was a heartbreaker.
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
This is the most embarrassing loss since the Nolan era, no doubt. The clock management problems are totally on Singletary. He should have fixed this by now.

What bugs me the most is that the none of the players looked too upset about it. We looked like the happy-go-lucky losers from 3 years ago.

In agreement 100%
Originally posted by tokash620:
Originally posted by bigmike55:
Alex Smith sucks.

Alex started off very well but then as usual, the play calling go conservative inside the 20. You keep this offense in a rhythm, they are as good as any offense out there.

I keep hearing this "vanilla playcalling" argument. It's hardly Jimmy Ray's fault when Alex refuses to throw it more than 5 yards downfield. He looks at 1 receiver, then looks for Gore or whoever is coming out of the backfield to dump it off. On the rare occasion he throws down the field, it's off target.
Originally posted by tokash620:
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
This is the most embarrassing loss since the Nolan era, no doubt. The clock management problems are totally on Singletary. He should have fixed this by now.

What bugs me the most is that the none of the players looked too upset about it. We looked like the happy-go-lucky losers from 3 years ago.

In agreement 100%

Maybe the media will stop jinxing us with all the win the division easily crap.
Originally posted by tokash620:
Originally posted by bigmike55:
Alex Smith sucks.

Alex started off very well but then as usual, the play calling go conservative inside the 20. You keep this offense in a rhythm, they are as good as any offense out there.

Agreed. Not only that...there were the usual snafus with getting the playcall in on time which let to us burning all our TOs with most of the second quarter still left to be played.

This is a consistent thing I've seen from Singletary since he took over btw....even Nolan handled TOs better than this.
Originally posted by Janitor:
You must not have watched the Atlanta game last year.

PSHHHHHHHHHHHHHH at LEAST we scored a TD!!!!!!!!!!
  • AZ9er
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,554
Originally posted by kstolai:
Man today was a heartbreaker.

I know, over confidence is a b***h!
Originally posted by Hollywood:
Originally posted by tokash620:
Originally posted by bigmike55:
Alex Smith sucks.

Alex started off very well but then as usual, the play calling go conservative inside the 20. You keep this offense in a rhythm, they are as good as any offense out there.

I keep hearing this "vanilla playcalling" argument. It's hardly Jimmy Ray's fault when Alex refuses to throw it more than 5 yards downfield. He looks at 1 receiver, then looks for Gore or whoever is coming out of the backfield to dump it off. On the rare occasion he throws down the field, it's off target.

At times agree. Alex has no awareness.
After Alex over threw Norris by 600 hundred yards, we looked completely clueless. Patience is just about to the end with Alex.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
no gore

Guys I feel like Gore did not have a good game today. I think it is time when games are going like this that we need to mix it up with the other running backs to see who is effective on that particular day. Anything to get some momentum, what lack of imagination!

Originally posted by AZ9er:
Originally posted by kstolai:
Man today was a heartbreaker.

I know, over confidence is a b***h!

It is definately a hard pill to swallow. I would rather be the underdog.
Originally posted by tokash620:
I think the play calling is horrific at times. The pass to Norris wasn't perfect but a more agile receiver would have caught it. The Fullback dive call was rediculous. Alex wasn't stellar but I think the playcalling put the momentum in Seattle's favor.

If the idiot wouldn't have turned around and started back pedaling and just kept running like he was suppose to the ball would have landed right in his gut.

Have to make that play plain and simple.

Crabtree looked like a Rookie - running the wrong routs running before catching the damn ball - awful putrid game.

Alex mentally folded when things started going bad - just ugh.

Aggressive defense is great unless it starts costing us TD's - and Clements and Brown cost us 2 with jumping routs that weren't there.
Originally posted by LanceQ:
After Alex over threw Norris by 600 hundred yards, we looked completely clueless. Patience is just about to the end with Alex.

Didn't the ball go through Moran's hands?
1. Vomit
2. Inducing

or how about

1. Fire
2. Singletary
Alex Smith looked completely lost today. As said before, once his scripted play failed, he couldn't find the open receiver and deliver it. It would be ridiculous to bench him after one game, but he really needs to step it up. Must win game against the Saints in week 2.