LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 276 users in the forums

"Total Failure"

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Alex Smith sucks.
What most stood out to me was the complete and total unpreparedness I saw on the field. The offense was completely out of sync, the playcalling was absolutely atrocious, up the middle on almost every run play again. Our oline getting totally owned time and again, our wr's running wrong routes, not making catches. Smith overthrowing again. Gore was a complete failure, he had no vision, and he was getting tired. Our plays ARE STILL GETTING TO THE FIELD LATE!!!!!!

The defense of course was also unprepared. I fear for the Saints vs our secondary, especially if we can't pressure the qb.

This was first a total coaching failure, second a total offensive failure, and third a defensive failure, the get a little more credit because the slowed the Seachicks down at first.
Originally posted by tokash620:
I think the play calling is horrific at times. The pass to Norris wasn't perfect but a more agile receiver would have caught it. The Fullback dive call was rediculous. Alex wasn't stellar but I think the playcalling put the momentum in Seattle's favor.

I agree. Obviously alex didnt impress and smith haters will hold it over his head but the play calling was just unbelievable.
We gave up running way to early. We took chances like we were up big in the first. I just have to say the play calling was awful.
utterly disappointing (with no silver lining)
Total embarrassment.
How about these two words....... ALEX SMTH
I'm so sick of the Alex Smith experiment. He's got to go. I'm tired of this show, i've seen it before, it's a rerun. The guy isn't good, move on. We need a couple of DB's too. Clements has lost a step and Spencer is over-rated.
This is the most embarrassing loss since the Nolan era, no doubt. The clock management problems are totally on Singletary. He should have fixed this by now.

What bugs me the most is that the none of the players looked too upset about it. We looked like the happy-go-lucky losers from 3 years ago.
LAST place!!!!!
Originally posted by GBNinerFan:
Total embarrassment.

Originally posted by bigmike55:
Alex Smith sucks.

Alex started off very well but then as usual, the play calling go conservative inside the 20. You keep this offense in a rhythm, they are as good as any offense out there.
no gore
Bad coaching
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tokash620:
I think the play calling is horrific at times. The pass to Norris wasn't perfect but a more agile receiver would have caught it. The Fullback dive call was rediculous. Alex wasn't stellar but I think the playcalling put the momentum in Seattle's favor.

When I played football, there was a saying that all the receiver coaches would tell us, "If it hits you in the hands, you can catch it."

Moron Norris had it in his hands....problem is, he has no hands. Why was he even in on that play?

Why do the coaches keep putting the ball in that stiff's hands? Two botched fourth down plays at the goal line with the ball going to him.

Unbelievable.
Troy Polumbus
Share 49ersWebzone